OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
I'll definitely give Schoolly D all props. Matter fact, how can I skip over Ice-T!!! Realistically, he was the first WC gangsta rapper. He was rapping about the 60 Crips and being a hustler waaaaaaaaaay before NWA. But Schoolly was rapping about gangsta chit first. P.S.K forgot all about that. It was first song about making money by any means necessary, and Ice-T came out w/ "6 in the mornin'"

Dang man, this is bringing back so much nostalgia. lol.
I was listening to Gucci Time Saturday Night and PSK when it came out in 85. I was in college and my buddy from NJ turned me on to it. He was way ahead of his time. There was nothing like that out at the time.

At the time you had RUN DMC, Whodini, Kurtis Blow, LL Cool J, MC Shan, KRS ONE - also ahead of his time in BDP. I loved those years. I went to the Swatch Watch Fresh Fest that year at the Miami Arena.

Paid in Full dropped in 86 and for me personally that was and is the greatest album in rap I’ve ever heard but I’m old. KRS One also a goat.

Advertisement
I was listening to Gucci Time Saturday Night and PSK when it came out in 85. I was in college and my buddy from NJ turned me on to it. He was way ahead of his time. There was nothing like that out at the time.

At the time you had RUN DMC, Whodini, Kurtis Blow, LL Cool J, MC Shan, KRS ONE - also ahead of his time in BDP. I loved those years. I went to the Swatch Watch Fresh Fest that year at the Miami Arena.

Paid in Full dropped in 86 and for me personally that was and is the greatest album in rap I’ve ever heard but I’m old. KRS One also a goat.

KRS-1 is a GOAT, and Tech-9 is my all time most slept on

I'm old. Grew up on P.E., LL, NWA/Ice Cube, Dre, Eric B & Rakim, Beasties...

Then Outkast, Pharcyde, Jurassic 5, Jay Z....

I am in the dark with the new artists...who should i check out?

I'm old. Grew up on P.E., LL, NWA/Ice Cube, Dre, Eric B & Rakim, Beasties...

Then Outkast, Pharcyde, Jurassic 5, Jay Z....

I am in the dark with the new artists...who should i check out?

If your a boom bap guy.....

Griselda- WWCD is a good project to check out.

Advertisement
What y’all think of the new Lil Uzi album? Listened to that shît 4 times since it dropped yesterday lol. Have a feeling I know what the older gen of rap fans think about it, but curious to find out people’s opinions - AOTY material? Unless KDOT or Drake drop something insane, I think yes. This year could be another 2015 or 2017 when it comes to the volume of quality rap albums...
View attachment 113111

**** this, have yall heard the new Jadakiss album? Now that is AOTY candidate. Straight Fire.

NY Rappers have been dropping album after album lately. You just cant deny the fact.

Advertisement
R-170291-1252087791.jpeg.jpg

Advertisement
For example...DA BABY. He's done. I like his sh*t but its a reason he saturated the market. He has one flow and one sound. I remember when he was going as Baby Jesus and was a gimmick.

The lil pumps of the world are getting chewed up and spit out at a rapid rate.

Tee Grizzly was legitimately just hot..and poof! gone....Rich Homie Quan had a run and other youngsters took the wave.

For example people laugh and clown on Young Thug but...dude has Sustainability. He dropped a really solid project last year and Gunna has been smoking going on 2 years.

its part of the reason i legitmately had to look out for the new uk rappers because EVERYONE is beginning to sound the same. I mean i dont know the difference betwen a LIl Tjay or a Lil Tecca and these mfers are from NEW YORK CITY and sound like ATL dudes yet singing like A Boogie with the Hoodie.??.

Im not even gonna get into their performances at a live show....THEY ALL SUCK. I literally have no interest in going to rap concerts because its poor quality live. ad slight interest in Rolling LOud just for the chance of seeing some guys i listen to.

What is Lil Pump even doing? Last I heard he was getting his toe sucked by Riley Reid

He hasn’t blown through his $$$ yet?

That’s what I was saying about him earlier. He will have to switch up his flow if he wants to last
Funny thing is he's actually rapping on his earlier stuff. The sing songy whiny **** took off. Go listen to Scars, Tomorrow, All I Know, etc. He's a multi-talented kid in the rap game, he'll never have to pay an R&B cat to sing his hooks in the vein of a Devin The Dude, Pimp C or Z-Ro(I'm not talking subject matter, strictly musical ability). He's got the skill to survive if the masses grow tired of the whiny ****...

Advertisement
Back