OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
8EF1DD78-A5E3-4FA7-A5A9-60F572E2F234.jpeg
74C7F6DF-8984-4843-B60D-86729F9149F1.jpeg
AC487FE9-01A8-44B5-BA79-85345A49790C.jpeg
272B7E46-C81E-44C6-986E-EB7FBFE399A5.jpeg
A67B10FD-2BCB-436D-ABC0-2D18DB162A64.png

One of the best 3 album runs ever!
Straight Checkn Em and Music To Driveby are Top 10 Westcoast albums all-time.

Two of the best rap albums I’ve ever heard.

Advertisement
He went harder on his other projects imo 🤷🏾‍♂️
Word

" Lil Baby officially racked up the same amount of total hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart as notable artists like Prince and post-Beatles Paul McCartney. Lil Baby is officially up there with some legendary artists like Prince and Paul McCartney when it comes to their Billboard"

Advertisement
Advertisement
GUNPLAY is truly slept on as an actual rapper. Any time i want to let someone know he actually has skills i play Bible on the Dash or ...

Lowkey might have bodied Kendrick on his own joint.

Agreed. Gunplay was snapping way back when Ross had Triple C with Briscoe, Torch, and Ashley Ross.

Agreed. Gunplay was snapping way back when Ross had Triple C with Briscoe, Torch, and Ashley Ross.

He has a unique style and i get with it. Plus he is from my area down here.

Dude is a hip hop head i watched his intervie w on Drink Champs with Nore...he said he listened to capone n noreaga and stuff like that ...i could tell because he has a flow. He just aint a cat that would go mainstream and he missed his slight chance when he had all the legal battles. Plus he does heavy drugs.

Advertisement
And what happened to artists diversifying their content?

I'll use Trick as an example...

On one album Trick would give you a song about ***, a party song, a song about dope, a song about kids, a song about gangsta ****, a song about the government and at least one song about cars.

Other artists from that period did the same thing. This allowed you to fulfill different moods and use certain songs for certain moments.

And what happened to artists diversifying their content?

I'll use Trick as an example...

On one album Trick would give you a song about ***, a party song, a song about dope, a song about kids, a song about gangsta ****, a song about the government and at least one song about cars.

Other artists from that period did the same thing. This allowed you to fulfill different moods and use certain songs for certain moments.

There are no more a&r's. There are a bunch of independent label or sound cloud rappers that take off from one song and try to stick to that format. For example..i f*ck with Rod wave he's young but if he doesnt diversify alil bit....his wave is gone.

Also these ninjas rappin bout the struggle and are like 18...talkin bout they remember when they aint had sh*t...like brah you were 14 what were u really suppose to have,

Bruv i liked his track on Dave's project just didnt get a chance to get to him yet because i been listening to Dave, Kano, and Stormzy so much. He's next up for me.

telling you he's got it. big conspiracy and common sense both great albums

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back