OT: Rap Fans

There are no more a&r's. There are a bunch of independent label or sound cloud rappers that take off from one song and try to stick to that format. For example..i f*ck with Rod wave he's young but if he doesnt diversify alil bit....his wave is gone.

Also these ninjas rappin bout the struggle and are like 18...talkin bout they remember when they aint had sh*t...like brah you were 14 what were u really suppose to have,

facts....so many underlying problems right now. Another side of the same coin is dudes are on their 2nd or 3rd track talking like they're 5 years into the game. Dudes aren't even known in their city, sold out venues, or made their first album yet! That shows me they care more about the other **** than the music or don't know diversify.

Everyone is copying Young Thug, Future, or whoever's hotter than them at the moment without personalizing their sound/content. Homogenous content.Lot of rappers putting in minimal effort/not very good. Lot of consumers eating up the LCD and cycling through rappers every year.

Subliminal bars and wordplay have also been thrown to the wayside for straightforward lines as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
facts....so many underlying problems right now. Another side of the same coin is dudes are on their 2nd or 3rd track talking like they're 5 years into the game. Dudes aren't even known in their city, sold out venues, or made their first album yet! That shows me they care more about the other **** than the music or don't know diversify.

Everyone is copying Young Thug, Future, or whoever's hotter than them at the moment without personalizing their sound/content. Homogenous content.Lot of rappers putting in minimal effort/not very good. Lot of consumers eating up the LCD and cycling through rappers every year.

Subliminal bars and wordplay have also been thrown to the wayside for straightforward lines as well.

For example...DA BABY. He's done. I like his sh*t but its a reason he saturated the market. He has one flow and one sound. I remember when he was going as Baby Jesus and was a gimmick.

The lil pumps of the world are getting chewed up and spit out at a rapid rate.

Tee Grizzly was legitimately just hot..and poof! gone....Rich Homie Quan had a run and other youngsters took the wave.

For example people laugh and clown on Young Thug but...dude has Sustainability. He dropped a really solid project last year and Gunna has been smoking going on 2 years.

its part of the reason i legitmately had to look out for the new uk rappers because EVERYONE is beginning to sound the same. I mean i dont know the difference betwen a LIl Tjay or a Lil Tecca and these mfers are from NEW YORK CITY and sound like ATL dudes yet singing like A Boogie with the Hoodie.??.

Im not even gonna get into their performances at a live show....THEY ALL SUCK. I literally have no interest in going to rap concerts because its poor quality live. ad slight interest in Rolling LOud just for the chance of seeing some guys i listen to.

For example...DA BABY. He's done. I like his sh*t but its a reason he saturated the market. He has one flow and one sound. I remember when he was going as Baby Jesus and was a gimmick.

The lil pumps of the world are getting chewed up and spit out at a rapid rate.

Tee Grizzly was legitimately just hot..and poof! gone....Rich Homie Quan had a run and other youngsters took the wave.

For example people laugh and clown on Young Thug but...dude has Sustainability. He dropped a really solid project last year and Gunna has been smoking going on 2 years.

its part of the reason i legitmately had to look out for the new uk rappers because EVERYONE is beginning to sound the same. I mean i dont know the difference betwen a LIl Tjay or a Lil Tecca and these mfers are from NEW YORK CITY and sound like ATL dudes yet singing like A Boogie with the Hoodie.??.

Im not even gonna get into their performances at a live show....THEY ALL SUCK. I literally have no interest in going to rap concerts because its poor quality live. ad slight interest in Rolling LOud just for the chance of seeing some guys i listen to.

Thug knows what hes doing. So much fun slaps. agree w/ you on all that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im a huge Soulja Slim fan from going in. Really wish they rapped ona Louisian type beat. I give a slight point for Jay RAPPING WITH Soulja Slim flow...but i dont really like the song.

im really messin with the album. I'll be honest I never heard of Soulja Slim before that song though

Last edited by a moderator:

9717BD23-3C9F-4B17-9E19-4158E250AA16.jpeg

🔥

Advertisement
I like some Lil Uzi very when I want to hear some different vibe beat in the background. But thinking AOOY is insane. Let drake/kDot/jcole drop their worst album ever and it’s better rap than Uzi. I’ve been liking the Don Toliver joint. I’m a Jack Harlow fan, white boy repping.

Has anyone heard of Eric B & Rakim, Krs-One or Public Enemy. These MC's will put anyone today to shame. I cannot connect with any of today's rappers I'll give them a chance but to me they are all meh so I stick to my old school hip hop up to Biggie/Outkast.

I really liked this new Jay Elect album on the second listen.

Lot of depth & real shìt, it's not an album if you just wanna here good head numbing beats, it's a thinker's project.

And I'm not really fan of Modern day Jay Z, love the old Jay but I pretty much stopped listening to him after the Black album, but he really had some nice verses on this Elect album.

Advertisement
Back