OT: Rap Fans

Ridiculous, Drake the most versatile artist EVER, no one has ever dabbled in both rap AND R&b lanes like he has which means something to me in that discussion. Lol at not even close to the goat, crazy talk. Put some respect on drake name
You literally just said he was the GOAT because he had the most hits for the longest period of time out of all RnB singers. That means Mariah Carey is the GOAT. If you want to bring it to who is the most successful pop singer. He isn't even close. Beatles and guys like that body him. Plenty of other artists have dabble in 2 genres. Rock and Country. Schit like that. No other rapper did it because back in the day you would lose your career if you started singing on your tracks. Look what happened to Ja Rule when he did a little singing.

If you are talking about rap. The dude barely can even be considered a rapper. He doesn't even write his "raps".

Advertisement
LMFAO!!! You have to be kidding. Not even close to the GOAT. If your measure is RnB singer with most number 1 hits then Mariah Carey is the GOAT.

Never forget: No response was made, the only thing Drake did was get in his feelings and tweet some chit. Lol. This monster got on another man’s song and DISSED HIM ON HIS OWN SONG, along w the entire new gen rappers.

Ridiculous, Drake the most versatile artist EVER, no one has ever dabbled in both rap AND R&b lanes like he has which means something to me in that discussion. Lol at not even close to the goat, crazy talk. Put some respect on drake name

Lol. U ever heard of Lauryn Hill? CeeLo? Andre 3000? Bone Thugs N Harmony?? Lol. Mofos been singing & rapping w Platinum Hits. Way ahead of their time. Lol

Advertisement
I didn't want to start a thread for a simple question, so I'm resurrecting this one. It had to be over 30 years ago because I remember hearing Bremelo around the same time. Does anyone remember a song that had the following lyrics:
Get the fvck out. Don't want no bigfoot in my house.
Nobody remembers this song?

Advertisement
Who has had a run as long as drake being at the TOP of the game? He’s going on 11-12 years now with no signs of slowing down. Do you know how many hits he has made? Give credit where it’s due

Lol so you eat well done steaks with ketchup and idolize drake. Drake is at the top of a trash heap thats been the last 10 years of soundcloud rappers.

Who has had a run as long as drake being at the TOP of the game? He’s going on 11-12 years now with no signs of slowing down. Do you know how many hits he has made? Give credit where it’s due
Has nothing to do with the quality of projects. His body of work isn’t close to Hov’s. Hits don’t equal classics. Where’s his RD? Blueprint? Black Album? He doesn’t even have a Vol 1 lol. And I like Drake.

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with the quality of projects. His body of work isn’t close to Hov’s. Hits don’t equal classics. Where’s his RD? Blueprint? Black Album? He doesn’t even have a Vol 1 lol. And I like Drake.

Lol he’s 1000x the artist Jay-Z was. Please for the love of God. Times are different now. Nobody cares about albums. I don’t even like Drake but he’s in another world compared to Jay-Z. Jay-Z’s best song got mocked by Mike Meyers & a midget.

Never forget: No response was made, the only thing Drake did was get in his feelings and tweet some chit. Lol. This monster got on another man’s song and DISSED HIM ON HIS OWN SONG, along w the entire new gen rappers.

I’m an old hip hop head. Kendrick imo is the most creative right now. From his video to lyrics and the song concepts. He’s the hip hop version of a Miles Davis. Everything has been so original and refreshing.
Btw I played this at work the other day and everyone from the young white girls to the old heads were head bopping like mfer. Never gets old

Advertisement
I’m an old hip hop head. Kendrick imo is the most creative right now. From his video to lyrics and the song concepts. He’s the hip hop version of a Miles Davis. Everything has been so original and refreshing.

PREACH! And he writes his own chit. The dude has been creative since he was a little jit up the block from me. I used to live right around where he went to high school and know his brother. My little relatives grew up w him and used to always talk about this kid at the lunch tables spit some unbelievable chit in a few minutes. Mini cyphers where dude would just snap.

B/c I knew Jay Rock’s ppl’s from the Nickerson Garden Project, I got Jay Rock and Kendrick’s first mix tape on some burned MP3 type chit. Lol. Kendrick’s lyrics was so ahead of its time. I told all the homies, I know Rock is first, but Dot is next. This is what hip hop has been missing. He takes his time w it, too.

Lol. U ever heard of Lauryn Hill? CeeLo? Andre 3000? Bone Thugs N Harmony?? Lol. Mofos been singing & rapping w Platinum Hits. Way ahead of their time. Lol
Can’t none of them compare to drake though or have done as much as he has. Andre is very talented but he’s no where near on drake level

Can’t none of them compare to drake though or have done as much as he has. Andre is very talented but he’s no where near on drake level
C'mon Brock!! Those well done steaks got you all twisted up homie lol. Drake is as commercial as they come. Very talented, but commercial. Andre3000 ****s on Drake lyrically. Oh yeah, I'd love to see a poll amongst peers about this. 🤔

Advertisement
Back