OT: Possible First Female in P5 this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing more than a stunt.

She’s not good enough to be a high school kicker.

An analogous trend is extremely disrespectful to women in sports.

Allowing biological males to participate in women’s sports, whether as trannies, crossdressers, or transgenders, is an absolute abomination and the death of fair competition.

You already have these males pretending to be women dominating in some women’s track events. It’s gender political correctness gone mad and it hurts women the most.

I love it, it’s called eating your own. I can’t wait until dudes are hanging nuts from the free throw line in the wnba. They’re already out there blowing girls away in high school track lol.

Majority of the cowards out there disagree with this , they just don’t want to be called transphobic. Until people learn calling people names like that is used as a defense mechanism to make you shut up .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Doesn’t the kicker on a team that just lost 41-0 usually get his/her own on-field interview after the game? Nothing to see here. Move along.

I love it, it’s called eating your own. I can’t wait until dudes are hanging nuts from the free throw line in the wnba. They’re already out there blowing horns away in high school track lol.

Majority of the cowards out there disagree with this , they just don’t want to be called transphobic. Until people learn calling people names like that is used as a defense mechanism to make you shut up .
Exactly. It’s absolute insanity.

I know a few coaches down here, football and track, some also coach women’s track or coach specific aspects like hurdles or sprints, and I can tell you it won’t fly here. These guys talk their minds.

Exactly. It’s absolute insanity.

I know a few coaches down here, football and track, some also coach women’s track or coach specific aspects like hurdles or sprints, and I can tell you it won’t fly here. These guys talk their minds.
I initially had no problem with this Vandy kicker thing; figured that a woman kicker should be able to look the part (I’m thinking big Mia Hamm from her UNC days…); and since Vandy kickers were decimated by COVID-19 … she should at least look the part as a P5 scholarship athlete...

That was ****! Horrible. She couldn’t have been a worse standard-bearer for breaking ground in women’s sports. I hate to go as far as to call it a stunt, but that was so bad I don’t know how it could be anything else. A backup … anyone could have done a better job. Mason should be embarrassed.

It will ”fly” where the law allows it, whether or not “guys talk their minds” is irrelevant. (International T&F has tried to draw the line with Caster Semenya and others, but this will continue to be an issue in U.S. high school sports)

Advertisement
I initially had no problem with this Vandy kicker thing; figured that a woman kicker should be able to look the part (I’m thinking big Mia Hamm from her UNC days…); and since Vandy kickers were decimated by COVID-19 … she should at least look the part as a P5 scholarship athlete...

That was ****! Horrible. She couldn’t have been a worse standard-bearer for breaking ground in women’s sports. I hate to go as far as to call it a stunt, but that was so bad I don’t know how it could be anything else. A backup … anyone could have done a better job. Mason should be embarrassed.

It will ”fly” where the law allows it, whether or not “guys talk their minds” is irrelevant. (International T&F has tried to draw the line with Caster Semenya and others, but this will continue to be an issue in U.S. high school sports)

The law is the law, but the culture down here is also strong. These are my people, I know how they are.

I don’t think it will happen in Florida, everybody would be pretty much unified down here against it. I can’t speak to the rest of Florida but I know in South Florida. It’s the one thing everybody here would be unified against I can guarantee it.

It just makes no sense. The sports community is pretty intense down here, even women’s track. Especially the sprints and hurdling events. No chance somebody with a Y chromosome is getting on the track.

Can I run ten 110's **** no, but I do hit a minimum of 10K steps everyday and can bench press 315lbs no problem ( which is way off from my prime back in day in the low 400's) So you can go kick rocks.

Go Canes
You benching weights or your **** women?

Advertisement
The law is the law, but the culture down here is also strong. These are my people, I know how they are.

I don’t think it will happen in Florida, everybody would be pretty much unified down here against it. I can’t speak to the rest of Florida but I know in South Florida. It’s the one thing everybody here would be unified against I can guarantee it.

It just makes no sense. The sports community is pretty intense down here, even women’s track. Especially the sprints and hurdling events. No chance somebody with a Y chromosome is getting on the track.
You have more faith in it than me. I think the “push” doesn’t mind who is run over—paradoxically, the entire reason for Title IX was to prevent against this type of thing by giving WOMEN more opportunities, never figuring that a new class of “women” would be legally discovered. This becomes p-analytical with more discussion, so I’ll bow out here, but … I’ll say this: everything in me says international track is right.

As long as men can play women sports, then I’m Gucci. It’s all fun & games til a female gets smoked by a LB.

As long as men can play women sports, then I’m Gucci. It’s all fun & games til a female gets smoked by a LB.
This is different, I think you are wrong about how you’re comparing this.

And, if they get smoked, they get smoked, but i assume that’s the reason for the “onside” kick … so she wouldn’t have to be blocked/blindsided.

Advertisement
You have more faith in it than me. I think the “push” doesn’t mind who is run over—paradoxically, the entire reason for Title IX was to prevent against this type of thing by giving WOMEN more opportunities, never figuring that a new class of “women” would be legally discovered. This becomes p-analytical with more discussion, so I’ll bow out here, but … I’ll say this: everything in me says international track is right.

I don’t keep up with international track what are they saying?

Love that the announcers made it sound like it was gonna open things up for a flood of females to come play P5 football.

my dad trained a girl who kicked for the Catholic HS in Key West one year back in the 70’s.I want to say she was the first female to do it at the time...she did pretty well.

I don’t keep up with international track what are they saying?
World Track (previously IAAF) have fought a high profile battle against Caster Semenya (RSA) and other athletes who are considered “intersexed“. This is different than trans, which are banned to my knowledge. Intersexed is a trickier argument, but it all leads to them having an advantage and World Track is not having it. She’s won a few battles, but Wold Track has just rewording their legal arguments until they can fly with CAS.

As it stands right now she’s banned from running however, I suspect it’s not over.

2018 testosterone rule change[edit]​

Main article: IAAF testosterone rule
In April 2018, the IAAF announced new "differences of *** development" rules that required athletes with specific disorders of *** development, testosterone levels of 5 nmol/L and above, and certain androgen sensitivity to take medication to lower their testosterone levels, effective beginning 8 May 2019.[86][87][88][89] Due to the narrow scope of the changes, which also apply to only those athletes competing in the 400m, 800m, and 1500m, many people thought the rule change was designed specifically to target Semenya.[90][91][92][93]

On 19 June 2018, Semenya announced that she would legally challenge the IAAF rules. On 1 May 2019, the Court of Arbitration for Sport rejected her challenge, paving the way for the new rules to come into effect on 8 May 2019.[94] During the legal challenge by Semenya, the IAAF amended the regulations to exclude hyperandrogenism associated with the 46,XX karyotype and clarified that the disorders of *** development affected by the regulations are specific to the 46,XY karyotype.[95][96] The legal case divided commentators such as Doriane Coleman, who testified for the IAAF, arguing that women's sport requires certain biological traits, from commentators such as Eric Vilain, who testified for Semenya, arguing that "*** is not defined by one particular parameter ... for many human reasons, it's so difficult to exclude women who've always lived their entire lives as women — to suddenly tell them 'you just don't belong here.'"[97]

Semenya has appealed the decision to the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland.[98] On 3 June 2019, the Swiss Federal Supreme Court advised that they had "super-provisionally instructed the IAAF to suspend the application of the 'Eligibility Regulations for the Female Classification for athletes with differences of *** development' with respect to the claimant [Semenya]" until the court decides whether to issue an interlocutory injunction.[99] On 30 July 2019, the Swiss Federal Supreme Court reversed its earlier ruling that had suspended the Court of Arbitration for Sport decision and the IAAF rules. For that reason, Semenya missed the 2019 World Athletics Championships in Doha in October 2019, while continuing her appeal.[100]

In July 2019, Semenya said that the ongoing issue has "destroyed" her "mentally and physically".[101]

2020[edit]​

In 2020, Semenya announced that she had decided to switch to the 200 meters for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, in order to avoid the 400m to one mile ban.[103] In order to qualify for the 200 meters, Semenya must achieve the qualifying time of 22.80.[104] She had previously won the 5000m at the South African championship in 2019.[105]

Advertisement
This is different, I think you are wrong about how you’re comparing this.

And, if they get smoked, they get smoked, but i assume that’s the reason for the “onside” kick … so she wouldn’t have to be blocked/blindsided.
Gender equality, right? It can’t be one sided. Furthermore, there’s this tidbit:

This is what happens when.....u know what? I don’t wanna be banned so I’ll just keep my opinion to myself.

World Track (previously IAAF) have fought a high profile battle against Caster Semenya (RSA) and other athletes who are considered “intersexed“. This is different than trans, which are banned to my knowledge. Intersexed is a trickier argument, but it all leads to them having an advantage and World Track is not having it. She’s won a few battles, but Wold Track has just rewording their legal arguments until they can fly with CAS.

As it stands right now she’s banned from running however, I suspect it’s not over.

2018 testosterone rule change[edit]​

Main article: IAAF testosterone rule
In April 2018, the IAAF announced new "differences of *** development" rules that required athletes with specific disorders of *** development, testosterone levels of 5 nmol/L and above, and certain androgen sensitivity to take medication to lower their testosterone levels, effective beginning 8 May 2019.[86][87][88][89] Due to the narrow scope of the changes, which also apply to only those athletes competing in the 400m, 800m, and 1500m, many people thought the rule change was designed specifically to target Semenya.[90][91][92][93]

On 19 June 2018, Semenya announced that she would legally challenge the IAAF rules. On 1 May 2019, the Court of Arbitration for Sport rejected her challenge, paving the way for the new rules to come into effect on 8 May 2019.[94] During the legal challenge by Semenya, the IAAF amended the regulations to exclude hyperandrogenism associated with the 46,XX karyotype and clarified that the disorders of *** development affected by the regulations are specific to the 46,XY karyotype.[95][96] The legal case divided commentators such as Doriane Coleman, who testified for the IAAF, arguing that women's sport requires certain biological traits, from commentators such as Eric Vilain, who testified for Semenya, arguing that "*** is not defined by one particular parameter ... for many human reasons, it's so difficult to exclude women who've always lived their entire lives as women — to suddenly tell them 'you just don't belong here.'"[97]

Semenya has appealed the decision to the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland.[98] On 3 June 2019, the Swiss Federal Supreme Court advised that they had "super-provisionally instructed the IAAF to suspend the application of the 'Eligibility Regulations for the Female Classification for athletes with differences of *** development' with respect to the claimant [Semenya]" until the court decides whether to issue an interlocutory injunction.[99] On 30 July 2019, the Swiss Federal Supreme Court reversed its earlier ruling that had suspended the Court of Arbitration for Sport decision and the IAAF rules. For that reason, Semenya missed the 2019 World Athletics Championships in Doha in October 2019, while continuing her appeal.[100]

In July 2019, Semenya said that the ongoing issue has "destroyed" her "mentally and physically".[101]

2020[edit]​

In 2020, Semenya announced that she had decided to switch to the 200 meters for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, in order to avoid the 400m to one mile ban.[103] In order to qualify for the 200 meters, Semenya must achieve the qualifying time of 22.80.[104] She had previously won the 5000m at the South African championship in 2019.[105]

Ok, yea I’ve read about CS, and I wholeheartedly agree with IAAF on this. It’s visually obvious what’s going on here anyway.

Coming from a large extended family where just about everybody plays sports at some level, including some women, high school and some in college, including track, and other sports, this is topical.

Gender equality, right? It can’t be one sided. Furthermore, there’s this tidbit:

This is what happens when.....u know what? I don’t wanna be banned so I’ll just keep my opinion to myself.
I agree with you … in part … but I can’t see where an isolated incident like this opens up the door for UNFAIR competition. Yes, men, or their surgically derivative selves, should not compete against women.

- Do I think Diana Tuarasi could have played D1 basketball? In a very limited definition of D1, yes. P5? Doubt it.
- Do I think She’ Carrie Richardson could beat a lot of men in the 100m? Yes. Do I think she could qualify for a single semi in the SEC? Not a chance.
- Mo’ne Davis was a great pitcher in the little league World Series, throwing 70 mph, but she’s now 19 years old, 5’4” tall and weighs under 115 lbs. There’s no way in **** she could play college baseball anywhere.

The idea that extremely isolated participation of women is taking opportunities from men would be the argument and these “moments” don’t really raise to that level.

I didn’t read your article because I’m familiar with it … in short: overreach.

I agree with you … in part … but I can’t see where an isolated incident like this opens up the door for UNFAIR competition. Yes, men, or their surgically derivative selves, should not compete against women.

- Do I think Diana Tuarasi could have played D1 basketball? In a very limited definition of D1, yes. P5? Doubt it.
- Do I think She’ Carrie Richardson could beat a lot of men in the 100m? Yes. Do I think she could qualify for a single semi in the SEC? Not a chance.
- Mo’ne Davis was a great pitcher in the little league World Series, throwing 70 mph, but she’s now 19 years old, 5’4” tall and weighs under 115 lbs. There’s no way in **** she could play college baseball anywhere.

The idea that extremely isolated participation of women is taking opportunities from men would be the argument and these “moments” don’t really raise to that level.

I didn’t read your article because I’m familiar with it … in short: overreach.
How can u say it’s an “overreach” when u didn’t even read the article?? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back