OT: Port of Miami 2

In my opinion this is one of his best songs. It may be too late now, but he should've made more songs like this..

I'm not much of a drake fan, but that was one of like 3 drake songs I actually bumped. Both of them killed that song and it is one of my favorite ross songs no question. The song they have on his most recent album is pretty good too. Drake went up in my book since he shouted out my boy Max B in that song lol.

Advertisement
LMAO, the South Florida bias is strong with this one I see....

“Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain't even know it
I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it”

Weird *** dude..

GTFOH with that Top 10 talk

No one tell this dude about Boosie and his tactics
http://rapradar.com/2009/09/02/lil-boosie-will-put-a-pill-in-your-***-2/

I agree though top 10 is laughable.

Advertisement
We gotta clarify this point a just a tad bit more. They're probably the first rappers to be successful with the sound at a mainstream level.

But Toomp and Shawtty Redd should be considered the godfathers of trap imo. Their production paved the way for the Jeezys (lil J) and TI.
Correct. When T.I. and Jeezy hit the mainstream market they essentially put Trap music on the map.

Advertisement
Dude biggie rapped about a guy kidnapping and ******* kids in the *** then throwing them over a bridge. Get on with that sensitive shît.

LMAO if date rape bothers you rap isn't the genre for you. Maybe you should listen to Justin Bieber instead.

“Rapped about a guy” is different that confessing to raping a girl while she’s unaware..

Listen, y’all don’t know me so I’m not going to sit here and try to make myself out to be a tough guy on the internet, no point, but I’m very far from Bieber being my Genre. Just because I don’t support date raping women, doesn’t make me “sensitive”

Boosie, Gucci, Jeezy are more my taste. But to say “if you have a problem with date rape....” something is wrong with you if you don’t

Y’all some weirdos for those comments, I’m out of this thread y’all can have this one. I’m not going to argue about what I’ve done in my life and what lyrics I relate to, but I can assure you drugging a girl to get some ***** while she is passed out is not one of them.

“Rapped about a guy” is different that confessing to raping a girl while she’s unaware..

Listen, y’all don’t know me so I’m not going to sit here and try to make myself out to be a tough guy on the internet, no point, but I’m very far from Bieber being my Genre. Just because I don’t support date raping women, doesn’t make me “sensitive”

Boosie, Gucci, Jeezy are more my taste. But to say “if you have a problem with date rape....” something is wrong with you if you don’t

Y’all some weirdos for those comments, I’m out of this thread y’all can have this one. I’m not going to argue about what I’ve done in my life and what lyrics I relate to, but I can assure you drugging a girl to get some ***** while she is passed out is not one of them.
Dude you the weirdo for crying over lyrics. Rappers have said way worse shît.

Advertisement
And now, for a real Top 10:

1. 2Pac
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Jadakiss
4. Big L
5. Rakim
6. Fabolous
7. AZ
8. Raekwon
9. Big Pun
10. Styles P

Not going to put names of entire groups like Wutang, Bone Thugs, Run DMC, N.W.A. or the Beastie Boys. Honorable mention: Nas. I think his early stuff was dope and pretty much anything from Nas since '02 or '03 was wack.

We gotta clarify this point a just a tad bit more. They're probably the first rappers to be successful with the sound at a mainstream level.

But Toomp and Shawtty Redd should be considered the godfathers of trap imo. Their production paved the way for the Jeezys (lil J) and TI.

Outkast dungeon family goodie mobb really put the trap on the scene especially big boi cool breeze khujo tmo gipp and backbone

Toomp had them beats tho my god pastor troy baby d alley boy d.r.a.m.a used to have a brotha mean mugging strolling the streets hard af lmao

Outkast dungeon family goodie mobb really put the trap on the scene especially big boi cool breeze khujo tmo gipp and backbone

Toomp had them beats tho my god pastor troy baby d alley boy d.r.a.m.a used to have a brotha mean mugging strolling the streets hard af lmao
Cool Breeze album might definitively be the first true trap album.

Advertisement
And now, for a real Top 10:

1. 2Pac
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Jadakiss
4. Big L
5. Rakim
6. Fabolous
7. AZ
8. Raekwon
9. Big Pun
10. Styles P

Not going to put names of entire groups like Wutang, Bone Thugs, Run DMC, N.W.A. or the Beastie Boys. Honorable mention: Nas. I think his early stuff was dope and pretty much anything from Nas since '02 or '03 was wack.
Full of lyrical assassins on this list.

That Big Pun "Capital Punishment" one of the best lyrical albums I've ever heard.

Raekwon that dude too, my favorite Pac album "Me Against the world" legendary ****. All Eyes On Me a classic, but I like Me Against the World and the Makaveli album a little better.

Rakim- I Ain't No Joke...flames🔥

RIP Big L, so underrated. Biggie storytelling the best ever IMO.

My Top 10

1.Pac
2.Rakim
3.Nas
4.Jayz
5.Biggie
6.Lupe
7.K-Rino
8.Killa Priest
9.Big Pun
10.Guru (from Gangstarr)

Last edited:
Full of lyrical assassins on this list.

That Big Pun "Capital Punishment" one of the best lyrical albums I've ever heard.

Raekwon that dude too, my favorite Pac album "Me Against the world" legendary ****. All Eyes On Me a classic, but I like Me Against the World and the Makaveli album a little better.

Rakim- I Ain't No Joke...flames🔥

RIP Big L, so underrated. Biggie storytelling the best ever IMO.
Looking at your list, I think I need to replace Styles P with Jay-Z on mine. Early Jay-Z was ruthless. So many were dope early in their careers like Dre, Snoop, even LL Cool J ("You'll Rock" remix was the ****).

And my man Don Cannon. Severely underrated. Throw Drumma Boy in there too maybe.

Advertisement
Back