OT: Port of Miami 2

I'm a huuuuuge Jeezy fan. Straight beast

Same. Great and underated rapper. I have every tape he ever had on my itunes. Including his first one , not the one with the "hard" and "soft" side. The one before that. Thuggin under the influence I think. Plus the schit he did with boys n da hood. TM101 is literally a hood classic.

Advertisement
Gucci put trap music on the map. Ross is a trash lyricist. Gucci actually has very good lyrics. Gucci has you rolling on the ground the first time you hear his songs. Gucci has songs like Timothy which are stories. Rozzays stories are just stories he copied from the Gs he was watching in the cells. Didn't the guy play football in college? LMFAO.

Guccis Mixtapes schit on Ross and he probably has 10x the amount of mixtapes then Ross. Gucci mane is literally a living legend and will go down as a trap great. No one is going to be talking about Ross in 20 years. Gucci will forever go down as changing the game. He doesn't even make music for the radios. He makes it for the streets and he still ends up getting his songs on the radio. Now he sort of switched it up a bit and has more radio hits in the past few years than Ross had in his entire life and Ross is all about getting on the radio.
With all respect to Guwap, I don’t think he’s had singles that are as huge as some of Ross’ joints or features. Gucci though for me is cool but I never followed too heavy. Dudes like T.I., Jeezy, 2 Chainz I vibe with more.

We gotta clarify this point a just a tad bit more. They're probably the first rappers to be successful with the sound at a mainstream level.

But Toomp and Shawtty Redd should be considered the godfathers of trap imo. Their production paved the way for the Jeezys (lil J) and TI.

I think that is what he means, at least thats what I meant. Otherwise we could start saying the hard Boys, dog house posse, or ruthless juveniles were the first Trap rappers.

Ti album in like 03 was literally named trap muzik. Ti put trap music on the map. Gucci made a certain sound of trap popular with his mixtapes.

I need some help here. Don’t know what the heck you’al are talking about. Am I too white, too old, or just been away from my home soil in Opa Locka and CC for too long? If feels a little like when my red neck Cuban wife starts talking about old school Country Music stars I have never heard of.

Advertisement
Same. Great and underated rapper. I have every tape he ever had on my itunes. Including his first one , not the one with the "hard" and "soft" side. The one before that. Thuggin under the influence I think. Plus the schit he did with boys n da hood. TM101 is literally a hood classic.

When this **** came out..this was one of the hardest joints I had ever heard at the time -

With all respect to Guwap, I don’t think he’s had singles that are as huge as some of Ross’ joints or features. Gucci though for me is cool but I never followed too heavy. Dudes like T.I., Jeezy, 2 Chainz I vibe with more.

Black Beatles was number 1 on the BBs ross never peaked at number1.

TM101 is classic hood or suburb. You could argue TM102 and the Recession are classics as well.

Advertisement
TM101 is classic hood or suburb. You could argue TM102 and the Recession are classics as well.

I agree with that. All 3 were dope af albums. I don't even think TM101 was his best album. I like some of his mixtapes better for sure, but when TM101 came out even bloods in NYC were rocking to it lol.

Advertisement
Black Beatles was number 1 on the BBs ross never peaked at number1.
Single wise, naw. But hes had a few #1 albums. His tracks have been more licensed for commercials, games, movies, tv shows, trailers than most of hispeers. Dude is definitely iconic.

But honestly, his **** hasn't been as slapping the further away from Miami he's grown. I understand why he needed to get away from down here, but sonically, I feel like his music has been missing something.

Did you like his version or Rozay's version more?

Jeezy>waka>Ross imo on the hard in the paint beat.

Jeezy murdered that beat.

The thing with Jeezy is he can do classic trap beats like how he usually does it, but he also murdered some more east coast style beats like OJ with Fab and Jada. Very versatile rapper.

Single wise, naw. But hes had a few #1 albums. His tracks have been more licensed for commercials, games, movies, tv shows, trailers than most of hispeers. Dude is definitely iconic.

But honestly, his **** hasn't been as slapping the further away from Miami he's grown. I understand why he needed to get away from down here, but sonically, I feel like his music has been missing something.

Thats my point though. Gucci doesn't even try to be main stream. Ross is all about it. Its like Gucci says "I got a Bently Mulsanne, looks just like Tips, but I never went platinum, do you catch my drift?" Gucci always was rapping for the streets, after he came home this last time he switched it up a bit, but Ross was always rapping for the radio.

Your from Miami so you know better than me, but back in 2010-2014 when I was in Miami when I went to the block you were much more likely to hear a Boosie, Gotti, or Gucci song being played than Ross.

Up here in NYC Ross gets played a lot, but its never in the hood. Its always rich suburb kids pulling up in their parents cars blasting Ross. That is who he appeals to. Which is smart of him because thats the people that still buy albums nowadays.

Advertisement
Jeezy>waka>Ross imo on the hard in the paint beat.

Jeezy murdered that beat.

The thing with Jeezy is he can do classic trap beats like how he usually does it, but he also murdered some more east coast style beats like OJ with Fab and Jada. Very versatile rapper.

I wish Ross would change up his delivery more. Because he doesn't it gives the impression that all his songs sound the same. He's also shown versatility in the past by collaborating with east coast rappers like Jay, Meek, Wale, & Drake.

I wish Ross would change up his delivery more. Because he doesn't it gives the impression that all his songs sound the same. He's also shown versatility in the past by collaborating with east coast rappers like Jay, Meek, Wale, & Drake.

I agree with that. His flow is always the same on all his songs. He has the benefit of getting on really hot beats. I will give him that, but some of them sound the same too.

I agree with you. Ross even kind of sounds more like an east coast rapper than the new school southern rappers.

I agree with that. His flow is always the same on all his songs. He has the benefit of getting on really hot beats. I will give him that, but some of them sound the same too.

I agree with you. Ross even kind of sounds more like an east coast rapper than the new school southern rappers.

In my opinion this is one of his best songs. It may be too late now, but he should've made more songs like this..

LMAO, the South Florida bias is strong with this one I see....

“Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain't even know it
I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it”

Weird *** dude..

GTFOH with that Top 10 talk

Advertisement
Back