OT: Port of Miami 2

View attachment 92715
No BIG?
Future in a top 10, let alone #2. Blasphemy.
Rhapsody puts Nicki Minaj to sleep Monday through Sunday.
Gucci Mane in the top 10 and above Ross at that. Wild.
This whole list is a hot take. Lol

Gucci runs circles around Ross. Ross shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Gucci. Gucci is a living legend. Ross is just a rapper that drops a hot verse every once in a while.

Advertisement
Gucci runs circles around Ross. Ross shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Gucci. Gucci is a living legend. Ross is just a rapper that drops a hot verse every once in a while.
Screenshot_2019-07-24-03-21-49(1).png

Are you crazy? Rozay has way a better body of work than than Gucci. Gucci can't even rap in my opinion. Rozay is a true story teller and lyricist. Those are two statements you can never associate with Gucci. You can't tell me one Gucci album that's better than a Rozay album.

Rozay also has one of the best collections of mixtapes, and he might have the best mixtape to drop in recent memory with Rich Forever.

Gucci gets more respect for the crap he did out of the studio, not what he did in it.

Advertisement
View attachment 92756

Are you crazy? Rozay has way a better body of work than than Gucci. Gucci can't even rap in my opinion. Rozay is a true story teller and lyricist. Those are two statements you can never associate with Gucci. You can't tell me one Gucci album that's better than a Rozay album.

Rozay also has one of the best collections of mixtapes, and he might have the best mixtape to drop in recent memory with Rich Forever.

Gucci gets more respect for the crap he did out of the studio, not what he did in it.

Gucci put trap music on the map. Ross is a trash lyricist. Gucci actually has very good lyrics. Gucci has you rolling on the ground the first time you hear his songs. Gucci has songs like Timothy which are stories. Rozzays stories are just stories he copied from the Gs he was watching in the cells. Didn't the guy play football in college? LMFAO.

Guccis Mixtapes schit on Ross and he probably has 10x the amount of mixtapes then Ross. Gucci mane is literally a living legend and will go down as a trap great. No one is going to be talking about Ross in 20 years. Gucci will forever go down as changing the game. He doesn't even make music for the radios. He makes it for the streets and he still ends up getting his songs on the radio. Now he sort of switched it up a bit and has more radio hits in the past few years than Ross had in his entire life and Ross is all about getting on the radio.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its decent enough. Maybe I had higher expectations bc he was quietly bodying features in the lead up to the release and thought he was going to come harder.

Lyrics are on point (as akways). Production is surprisingly lowkey.

It may not be one of the best albums of the yr, or even his best work; but saying it's trash, I think is a little harsh.

The song you posted with Jeezy is actually my favorite song on the album, but that is the only song on the album I would actually put on a playlist, making it imo, trash. Also, the main reason I like it is because Jeezy killed it.

Obviously, if we are talking about the grand scheme of things. As in, of all the thousands of albums dropped this year. Including the ones from random dudes pushing their mixtapes at barbershops and schit. No its not trash, but comparing it to other rappers with legit followings. I don't think it was a good album.

Advertisement
Gucci put trap music on the map. Ross is a trash lyricist. Gucci actually has very good lyrics. Gucci has you rolling on the ground the first time you hear his songs. Gucci has songs like Timothy which are stories. Rozzays stories are just stories he copied from the Gs he was watching in the cells. Didn't the guy play football in college? LMFAO.

Guccis Mixtapes schit on Ross and he probably has 10x the amount of mixtapes then Ross. Gucci mane is literally a living legend and will go down as a trap great. No one is going to be talking about Ross in 20 years. Gucci will forever go down as changing the game. He doesn't even make music for the radios. He makes it for the streets and he still ends up getting his songs on the radio. Now he sort of switched it up a bit and has more radio hits in the past few years than Ross had in his entire life and Ross is all about getting on the radio.
First, T.I. and Young Jeezy put trap music on the map. Don't even argue this point as Gucci came on to the scene after both T.I. and Jeezy were already making hits.

Second, I'm wasting my time arguing who's the better rapper with you. This is a super subjective topic. Gucci mane might be your favorite rapper of all time and that's fine. You're entitled to your own opinion as I'm entitled to mine.

First, T.I. and Young Jeezy put trap music on the map. Don't even argue this point as Gucci came on to the scene after both T.I. and Jeezy were already making hits.

Second, I'm wasting my time arguing who's the better rapper with you. This is a super subjective topic. Gucci mane might be your favorite rapper of all time and that's fine. You're entitled to your own opinion as I'm entitled to mine.

Gucci is not even close to my favorite rapper of all time. Probably not even my favorite trap rapper. That title would have to go to Boosie.

TIs first hits were barely even trap like 24s and rubber band man and jeezy didn't blow up until Boyz n da hood, which wasn't even really trap, and Gucci came out around the same time. If you are just saying southern rap then we can just say Scarface was the first "trap rapper"

Plus Gucci murdered Jeezy in their beef. Straight killed him. One of the most one sided beefs I have heard in a long time. Then he had that little beef with TI and TI wanted no part of Guwop.

No other rappers question when Gucci calls himself Trap God. If they didn't respect that they would have dissed him about it. Just like TI got called out when he said he was the king of the south.

The song you posted with Jeezy is actually my favorite song on the album, but that is the only song on the album I would actually put on a playlist, making it imo, trash. Also, the main reason I like it is because Jeezy killed it.

Obviously, if we are talking about the grand scheme of things. As in, of all the thousands of albums dropped this year. Including the ones from random dudes pushing their mixtapes at barbershops and schit. No its not trash, but comparing it to other rappers with legit followings. I don't think it was a good album.

I'm a huuuuuge Jeezy fan. Straight beast

We gotta clarify this point a just a tad bit more. They're probably the first rappers to be successful with the sound at a mainstream level.

But Toomp and Shawtty Redd should be considered the godfathers of trap imo. Their production paved the way for the Jeezys (lil J) and TI.

Advertisement
Back