OT/OG Dmitri Emmanuel offered

So you are basing his ability off of height and conference. Lmao this does not warrant any further response. You sound like someone that would have thrived under Mandy's tutelage.
Manny loved trying to make short guard types into tackles. Why do you think we have so few actual tackles currently on the roster?

Advertisement
Manny loved trying to make short guard types into tackles. Why do you think we have so few actual tackles currently on the roster?
Not true we had plenty of 6'5+ JAGs on roster. The issue is Manny only tried recruiting projects. We didn't sign 1 blue chip OT under Mandy.

He played in a mid level G5 conference. How can you even say he'd be a "definite" starter on our offensive line? I don't understand how you arrive at that assessment.
Our Guards are unproven & he’s an already developed upperclassmen starter.

If the staff had confidence in Oluwaseun & Traore they wouldn’t even be offering Emmanuel.

And are you guys confused about what the word CAN means?

I didn’t say he IS going to play RT, or he’s being offered to play RT, I said he CAN, because he did.

Which means he’s a multipurpose Lineman, which means in the event an injury were to take place on the line & the OL needed to be shuffled around, a player like him COULD play another position if necessary.

If the staff had confidence in Oluwaseun & Traore they wouldn’t even be offering Emmanuel.

I get we have some questions marks at guard. Rivers coming off injury. There's also Sagapolu and Denis. I suppose additional competition doesn't hurt.

Advertisement
I get we have some questions marks at guard. Rivers coming off injury. There's also Sagapolu and Denis. I suppose additional competition doesn't hurt.
Denis is a Center & Sagapolu is as equally of a question mark as the rest of the group, he didn’t play at Oregon either.

Emmanuel is a Grad Transfer, which means he’s a 1 year rental, they’re not going to potentially bring in a veteran 1-year rental who has started for 3 years to be a backup when he could be a starter somewhere else.

If they bring him in it’s because they expect him to start at Guard, because they don’t think the current starters at at least one of the Guard spots isn’t ready yet.

Last edited:
Not true we had plenty of 6'5+ JAGs on roster. The issue is Manny only tried recruiting projects. We didn't sign 1 blue chip OT under Mandy.
Miami signed 6 OL recruits over 6'3" under Manny Diaz.

John Campbell - career backup. Just a guy
Adam El Gammal -never did anything
Zion Nelson - our best lineman
Jalen Rivers - jury is still out but looks like a starting caliber player in the near future
Chris Washington - too early to rule him out but looking like just a guy
Michael Mc Laughlin - jury still out but looks like a starting caliber player in the future

That's 6 tackles over 4 recruiting classes and that's including Campbell who was technically a Mark Richt recruit. Rivers and McLaughlin were blue chip guys, the rest were 3 stars. Manny and his OL coaches' inability to target and sign actual tackles is why we're stuck playing short guys with little arms at tackle and why we constantly have had to bring in tackle transfers. I'm not defending his recruiting, I'm blaming it.

Denis is a Center & Sagapolu is as equally of a question mark as the rest of the group, he didn’t play at Oregon either.

Emmanuel is a Grad Transfer, which means he’s a 1 year rental, they’re not going to potentially bring in a veteran 1-year rental who has started for 3 years to be a backup when he could be a starter somewhere else.

If they bring him in it’s because they expect him to start at Guard, because they don’t think the current starters at at least one of the Guard spots is ready yet.
Neither of the guys they brought from Oregon were expected to be starters this year. It only makes sense to bring in a one year rental to start in 2022 and let the youngsters fight it out in 2023.

Advertisement
Miami signed 6 OL recruits over 6'3" under Manny Diaz.

John Campbell - career backup. Just a guy
Adam El Gammal -never did anything
Zion Nelson - our best lineman
Jalen Rivers - jury is still out but looks like a starting caliber player in the near future
Chris Washington - too early to rule him out but looking like just a guy
Michael Mc Laughlin - jury still out but looks like a starting caliber player in the future

That's 6 tackles over 4 recruiting classes and that's including Campbell who was technically a Mark Richt recruit. Rivers and McLaughlin were blue chip guys, the rest were 3 stars. Manny and his OL coaches' inability to target and sign actual tackles is why we're stuck playing short guys with little arms at tackle and why we constantly have had to bring in tackle transfers. I'm not defending his recruiting, I'm blaming it.
4* does not equate to blue chip. We signed 0 top 100 OL and 0 top 10 OT Mclaughlin wasn't even top 300. 6 total equates to roughly 2 per year over the 3 year period he was HC. Outside of Scaife how many were small players converted to OT?

4* does not equate to blue chip. We signed 0 top 100 OL and 0 top 10 OT Mclaughlin wasn't even top 300. 6 total equates to roughly 2 per year over the 3 year period he was HC. Outside of Scaife how many were small players converted to OT
you're right. Our roster is loaded with tackle body types and we are definitely not over loaded with 6'2" guard types who can't play tackle.

So, we think that Emmanuel is better than Oluwaseun? In my mind, that's the standard. Better than JO, bring him in.

Advertisement
you're right. Our roster is loaded with tackle body types and we are definitely not over loaded with 6'2" guard types who can't play tackle.
Body types don't matter we our loaded with JAGs. Who gives af if they are 7' or 5'8 if they can't ****** block?

Advertisement
If I had a dollar for every time somebody said, we need O Tackles and OL depth I could buy another house. Fellas we know! Staff working hard to address and we can't go get every good Left or Right Tackle we need. We'll be alright in the short term.

And are you guys confused about what the word CAN means?

I didn’t say he IS going to play RT, or he’s being offered to play RT, I said he CAN, because he did.

Which means he’s a multipurpose Lineman, which means in the event an injury were to take place on the line & the OL needed to be shuffled around, a player like him COULD play another position if necessary.
Stop yelling & Raging, LCE 😂😂😂

So you are basing his ability off of height and conference. Lmao this does not warrant any further response. You sound like someone that would have thrived under Mandy's tutelage.
6'2" = short arms. Not the height and reach for a starting tackle for an upper level P5 team.

People anointing the guy as a starter.Talk about dumb.

Advertisement
Back