OT/OG Dmitri Emmanuel offered

Advertisement
How about we get a playmaker at WR or LB before we bring in more rotational and/or unproven OL? Stud OL, sure, be we donā€™t need yet another ā€œdepth pieceā€ so we can be 10 deep at guard.

If they're bringing in more, I would assume some or someone will be leaving.

The more bodies to choose from is another plus.

They know this team better than anyone here and all eyes are wide open as to what is available or was available through the portal. It's never about we just want a guy so we go get one. We have to find one we want and likely the top dogs and other schools trying to rise up want, then beat them on the trail.

We don't know who they see as depth, but a one year guy is likely just not depth, but instead someone on the roster.

Oh, Scaife is just going to roll over?? GTFOH!!!! He has several years of starting experience against P5 teams.

Also, one of our posters said the transfer was a lock as starter at tackle. He's not taking Zion's spot at LT and word is Rivers may be the RT.

I'm not down on the transfer Emmanuel. He's a very good addition. He will add depth worst case. I'm just not anointing any transfer as a starter until they prove themselves on Greentree.
Scaife starting against P5 teams on a terrible o-line for years does not mean he has the talent to start on a quality o-line for Mario. Maybe with quality coaching he can get better and not look lost on most plays but sometimes bad can only be coached up to average which Mario and Mirabal will not accept.

How about we get a playmaker at WR or LB before we bring in more rotational and/or unproven OL? Stud OL, sure, be we donā€™t need yet another ā€œdepth pieceā€ so we can be 10 deep at guard.
We got an all-star staff they will do the job of making them better than what they are right? Mario wants and is going to run that ball!!!šŸ’ŖšŸ¾

Advertisement
Scaife starting against P5 teams on a terrible o-line for years does not mean he has the talent to start on a quality o-line for Mario. Maybe with quality coaching he can get better and not look lost on most plays but sometimes bad can only be coached up to average which Mario and Mirabal will not accept.
My entire point WASN'T that Scaife would be a starter. It's that he and everyone else has to compete for a starting job including the transfers.

Also, you assume our players haven't progressed under the new coaching staff. I'm not writing anyone off.

As I stated previously, let's see who wins the job on Greentree. The fans win regardless of whomever wins the job because they will have earned it and are better players because of the competition.

1653148508243.png

Advertisement
For their sake, he better end up there now that their Maude put this out:

1653321002780.png

Advertisement
My entire point WASN'T that Scaife would be a starter. It's that he and everyone else has to compete for a starting job including the transfers.

Also, you assume our players haven't progressed under the new coaching staff. I'm not writing anyone off.

As I stated previously, let's see who wins the job on Greentree. The fans win regardless of whomever wins the job because they will have earned it and are better players because of the competition.
Iā€™m convinced the people that are still criticizing Scaife didnā€™t actually watch the season last year and are just beating that same drum

Scaife is the least of our problems

Advertisement
I'm convinced you are blind, dumb or retarded. Scaife was abused last year.
He graded out as our best pass blocker the entire season

Gave up two sacks and 8 pressures the entire season

More importantly much like the rest of the line, he was great down the stretch. He didnā€™t give up a sack in the last 7 games and only two pressures So what exactly are you talking about getting abused?

But hey who cares right? Just keep saying things despite having evidence that says the contrary

How very 2022 of you

He graded out as our best pass blocker the entire season

Gave up two sacks and 8 pressures the entire season

More importantly much like the rest of the line, he was great down the stretch. He didnā€™t give up a sack in the last 7 games and only two pressures So what exactly are you talking about getting abused?

But hey who cares right? Just keep saying things despite having evidence that says the contrary

How very 2022 of you
Nvm you ain't watch the games. You forgot he was 2nd team All-ACC šŸ¤£.

Advertisement
Back