OT/OG Dmitri Emmanuel offered

Our Guards are unproven & he’s an already developed upperclassmen starter.

If the staff had confidence in Oluwaseun & Traore they wouldn’t even be offering Emmanuel.
So what!!! Proven where? Whose spot is he taking. Some people on CIS are saying he's an automatic starter at RT.

Just sick of people anointing transfers as automatic starters.

How about they earn their stripes on Greentree before giving them the starter crown.

Advertisement
Our Guards are unproven & he’s an already developed upperclassmen starter.

If the staff had confidence in Oluwaseun & Traore they wouldn’t even be offering Emmanuel.
They're not the starters. It’s going to be Rivers and Sagapulo. If they move Rivers to RT then likely Scaife.

Basically, he's going to have to battle Scaife and Rivers for a starting spot at either Guard or RT.

Unlike some of the CIS posters believe, there's no guarantees for anyone.

Last edited:
They're not the starters. It’s going to be Rivers and Sagapulo. If they move Rivers to RT then likely Scaife.

Basically, he's going to have to battle Scaife and Rivers for a starting spot at either Guard or RT.

Unlike some the CIS posters believe, there's no guarantees for anyone.
Scaife boo boo juice so if that's argument you are making pipe down.

Scaife boo boo juice so if that's argument you are making pipe down.
Oh, Scaife is just going to roll over?? GTFOH!!!! He has several years of starting experience against P5 teams.

Also, one of our posters said the transfer was a lock as starter at tackle. He's not taking Zion's spot at LT and word is Rivers may be the RT.

I'm not down on the transfer Emmanuel. He's a very good addition. He will add depth worst case. I'm just not anointing any transfer as a starter until they prove themselves on Greentree.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Denis is a Center & Sagapolu is as equally of a question mark as the rest of the group, he didn’t play at Oregon either.

Emmanuel is a Grad Transfer, which means he’s a 1 year rental, they’re not going to potentially bring in a veteran 1-year rental who has started for 3 years to be a backup when he could be a starter somewhere else.

If they bring him in it’s because they expect him to start at Guard, because they don’t think the current starters at at least one of the Guard spots isn’t ready yet.
As long as he’s not tommy Kennedy the last one year rental starter we thought we were getting

giphy.gif

Denis is a Center & Sagapolu is as equally of a question mark as the rest of the group, he didn’t play at Oregon either.

Emmanuel is a Grad Transfer, which means he’s a 1 year rental, they’re not going to potentially bring in a veteran 1-year rental who has started for 3 years to be a backup when he could be a starter somewhere else.

If they bring him in it’s because they expect him to start at Guard, because they don’t think the current starters at at least one of the Guard spots isn’t ready yet.
So what does all conference at a G5 equate to? You acting like this guy was all conference at a P5 school.

Way too much conjecture going on. We have a bunch of new players. Let's just see who wins the battles on Greentree.

The thing is, we win regardless of who become the starters. They will have earned it and the guys around them made them better.

Oh, Scaife is just going to roll over?? GTFOH!!!! He has several years of starting experience against P5 teams.

Also, one of our posters said the transfer was a lock as starter at tackle. He's not taking Zion's spot at LT and word is Rivers may be the RT.

I'm not down on the transfer Emmanuel. He's a very good addition. He will add depth worst case. I'm just not anointing any transfer as a starter until they prove themselves on Greentree.
Nobody walking in starting but if your reasoning he can't play tackle is arms height foh. Scaife could be 8ft tall he weak and most of them starts he got abused.

Advertisement
Nobody walking in starting but if your reasoning he can't play tackle is arms height foh. Scaife could be 8ft tall he weak and most of them starts he got abused.
You should read my other posts on this thread. Word is Rivers moving to RT. So, Emmanuel will have to compete regardless of where he plays and that's my point. Nobody is anointed a starter. Win the job on Greentree.

I don't care who wins the starting job. Whomever winds up starting will have earned it. That's a win for everyone.

I was in high school then i just remember him being a pretty big deal and having fsu, uf and the big schools after him
I was in high school then i just remember him being a pretty big deal and having fsu, uf and the big schools after him
You were right I went back and saw an article that talks about him considering only to play for the Canes because his father was dying and he wanted to stay close to home. So pretty much he gave no other school a chance

...There are people questioning Mario and Mirabal, the most elite tandem of offensive line coaches in the country...if they think adding him would help...they probably would help.

SCORCHING hot take, I know.
Exactly. Our head coach and his #2 are literally offensive line coaches. If there's one position where I have to trust the coaches’ opinions it's offensive line. Clearly they feel like they can upgrade what they have

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back