OT: North Florida gonna North Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone from the north I can't even believe this is a real thing. I just looked it up and this is not an isolated incident. This is a legit holiday in a few southern states like Bama, Georgia, SC, Miss, tx.

That said I don't see anything wrong with celebrating their fallen men. I would bet, like today, most of the confederate soldiers didn't even know what it was about and I would bet that 75% of the confederate soldiers never even owned slaves.
I have nothing but mad respect for your intellect. The truth is never narrow sighted.

Advertisement
Classic North Florida :p

Back when Miami was rolling hard and I was drinking hard, I used to run into Noles and Gators in sports bars who would forget about their own rivalry to team up and talk endless **** about the Canes.

Like any UM fan gave a crap about what they thought, LOL.

Good times!

Oh Lord, do I remember those days as well mate. Up here in Jacksonville I’d frequent bars fully decked out in Canes attire only to have Semenhole and Gayturd fans gang up on me. You would’ve thought we had shot one of their youngins. Now the Gayturd fans have become way more obnoxious since Miami and FSpew was down last year, while they went 10-3. They got their savior Mullet now so they believe in their rotted minds that they’re going to the CFP this year. Delusional fan base at best. Can’t wait to run it up in their faces come 8/24 when we beat the brakes off of them.

Up here in Jacksonville I’d frequent bars fully decked out in Canes attire only to have Semenhole and Gayturd fans gang up on me.

And therein lies one of the big differences between Miami fans and FSU/UF fans.

Maybe things have changed in the last decade or so, but I cannot imagine Canes teaming up with Gators or Noles under ANY circumstances as you describe there and I, too, saw with my own eyes.

(Things haven't changed, right?) :cautious:

Advertisement
You have to love it when people in this day and age put their perspective, culturalization, and agenda into explaining what people were thinking or why they were doing things in events of the past. Particularly since most people can't explain what or why we do the things we do, today. **** most historians, unless they specialize in it, can't.

Americans are getting as good as any other nation rewriting history to fit their narrative. We don't need no stinking history books - that's why the internet is so popular. Eventually they can get rid of all those Primary Source points and craft it however they want. No statues or monuments around to have to explain, etc.

I agree with intellectual historian dude, you want to be careful eliminating that history, its a slippery slope. Its like holocaust museums today, many have become interpretive art centers at the expense of hard history. Probably just a coincidence about the same time that started in the late 90s, holocaust denial took center stage with a high profile law suit in England.

Ya' mammy who, *****?
scott6_6.gif

Advertisement
I agree with intellectual historian dude, you want to be careful eliminating that history, its a slippery slope. Its like holocaust museums today, many have become interpretive art centers at the expense of hard history. Probably just a coincidence about the same time that started in the late 90s, holocaust denial took center stage with a high profile law suit in England.

What type of "hard history" do you suggest?

Should America be reminded of 9/11 with a statue of OBL in Manhattan?

Advertisement
Does this explain the ****federates not knowing what the war was over because the "rich don't fight", *****?

I know you already admitted it, but the fact that you never played the block is why you can't seem to understand this.

The 9 Treys don't know why the beef wit the G-stones was started. All they know is that the G-stones killed a bunch of their boys and that means they are going to try and kill theirs. All they know is that the G-stones are riding through their turf threatening their families so they are going to defend it and counter strike to take them out before they can take them out.

The 9 Treys don't know why the beef wit the G-stones was started. All they know is that the G-stones killed a bunch of their boys and that means they are going to try and kill theirs. All they know is that the G-stones are riding through their turf threatening their families so they are going to defend it and counter strike to take them out before they can take them out.

LOL...this analogy is worse than your BS internet one.

If the people in Britain knew the war was about slavery, then the ****federates certainly knew.

Advertisement
In my retarded voice impersonating you..."Duh ****federates didn't know duh CW was over slavery because rich people don't fight, dohhhhh?"

Dumb *****.
Guess it is the only word in your vernacular.
Sorry I knocked the dust off your old lady's punani. She never spoke about you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back