OT: NFL Draft

Advertisement
I think the NFL made an example out of him on some petty bull**** bc he didn’t perform in any of the off season events... No Senior Bowl, No NFL combine, or the UM Pro day.

And the NFL is a pos organization so I wouldn’t put it past them.

Make an example out of Willis? Nah they got plenty of pieces of **** in that league to choose from

I think the NFL made an example out of him on some petty bull**** bc he didn’t perform in any of the off season events... No Senior Bowl, No NFL combine, or the UM Pro day.

And the NFL is a pos organization so I wouldn’t put it past them.
He went to combine but had a hamstring and he did participate in the pro day.

La’el Collins type fall in the draft for Willis, damnit man.

La’el Collins went from 1st round pick to undrafted only bc the police wanted to ask him some questions regarding an incident even though they made it clear he was not a suspect or in danger of being charged with a crime. The NFL is full of clowns and snakes in the front office.

Advertisement
You’re always gonna have some wherever you go. We have all types in this place. I enjoy the banter between you guys and if people don’t get it, whatever. You 3 seem like good dudes. I’m glad you guys came over here from Vermin’s site.

Some of the things they call personal attacks are absolutely insane... Got me twice already.. Gru can eatadick fa sho.

Advertisement
I genuinely think they're trying to market to a broader audience thinking guys will be watching with their wives. This is what's happening all over ESPN and it's a HORRENDOUS approach, IMO. The guys who are watching the draft on a Saturday afternoon more likely told their wives to F OFF and don't care to hear these whiney stories. Give your audience what they want and stop freakin' giving us what you think we need. Riddick is the one who looks to me like he wants to flip over the set. Guy just wants to talk about football and fit. That's what most of us want to hear, too.

Ive watch the draft every year since a kid...its like my super bowl. I pulled the plug on nfl network for the off season...but its already locked in that i WONT watch espn draft coverage next year as well as my friends.

Its painfully obvious whta you said is what they want to do...but its downright embarassing and actually turns away people like me who are loyal viewers of the draft. It was STORY AFTER STORY AFTER IRRELEVANT STORY. The Simmons kid they showed not 1 highlight of him...NO plays at all....but showed the footage of him hitting the woman as a high school senior, chastised him for 10 mins.....and then states he has not had any concerns since the incident...Why even show the sh*t...other than your trying to market to "women" that really could give a f*ck about a draft....who the **** think guys watch the draft with their wives...or why are they marketing their programming to a "broader audience". I literally have stopped watching saturday gameday the last 2 years because of this...typically watch fox or go wash the car or some sh*t

Advertisement
Ive watch the draft every year since a kid...its like my super bowl. I pulled the plug on nfl network for the off season...but its already locked in that i WONT watch espn draft coverage next year as well as my friends.

Its painfully obvious whta you said is what they want to do...but its downright embarassing and actually turns away people like me who are loyal viewers of the draft. It was STORY AFTER STORY AFTER IRRELEVANT STORY. The Simmons kid they showed not 1 highlight of him...NO plays at all....but showed the footage of him hitting the woman as a high school senior, chastised him for 10 mins.....and then states he has not had any concerns since the incident...Why even show the sh*t...other than your trying to market to "women" that really could give a f*ck about a draft....who the **** think guys watch the draft with their wives...or why are they marketing their programming to a "broader audience". I literally have stopped watching saturday gameday the last 2 years because of this...typically watch fox or go wash the car or some sh*t
I feel ya, I used to watch all those shows years ago, mainly on ESPN but it is such an utter waste of time. I don't watch combines, drafts, pregame shows, any of it. About 10yrs ago ESPN stopped being about sports, I tuned out. I will watch some NFL and MLB networks sometimes, they are still legit right now.

My recap of the Dolphins draft:

Very solid, if unspectacular. This year's draft will hinge on Josh Rosen, who presumably will start for Miami in 2019. I love the Christian Wilkins pick, and unfortunately as Canes we know all too well how good Wisconsin's OL is, so I like the Deiter pick in the 3rd. I wasn't thrilled with the value we gave up for Rosen given AZ's lack of leverage, but to trade down in the 2nd round with New Orleans and get a 2020 2nd round pick from the Saints was shrewd. The only Miami pick I really dislike is Van Ginkel in the 5th when we could have had Joe Jackson, who fills a more pressing need at DE than ILB and who I predict will be the better pro. I like the rest of the draft, I think Price is an underachiever at OT from Ohio State who can pay dividends if motivated. When I was reviewing tape of Dwayne Haskins I noticed how well his pocket was protected. Well, we got one of the key guys responsible for that. Drafting Myles Gaskin in the 7th is great value and we only have Drake and Ballage, neither of whom appear to be three down backs, so I think Gaskin has a great shot at making the roster as a 3rd down back. The other 7th round pick was a top rated FB, which in the 7th round you can't complain about, although I would have drafted Gerald Willis instead.

UDFAs, I absolutely love the pickup of WR Preston Williams. Dude is a 6'3" former 5 star recruit from Tennessee who transferred to Colorado State and had some domestic violence issues which caused him to drop in the draft. But watching the tape, I am convinced Williams has a great shot of making the 53 man roster. This was a player some had with a mid-round grade who dropped due to some off-field issues a la Gerald Willis.

Overall grade: B+

Advertisement

I watched it on the nfl network and it was t too bad.

Willis going to the league's best defense. Hope he succeeds. Unreal he went undrafted. Cowboys got insane value getting the Jacksons. Cleveland continues to be good to us. Seahawks has like 4 RBs on the roster so Homer has to prove himself, wish he went to a different team. Fvck the Dolphins, they are anti Canes for some reason.

Alright guys, check out the footage of Preston Williams (who is 6'4", not 6'3" like I mentioned previously) and tell me Miami didn't get a steal as an undrafted FA:

2018 stats: 96 catches, 1,345 yards, 14 TDs. I don't care what conference that's from, that is impressive.

Look at how he catches in heavy traffic at 2:29 and isn't afraid of contact, knowing he's about to be blasted. DeVante Parker doesn't do that. He routinely high points the ball and displays a flair for the circus type catches, too. Granted, the competition is not elite, but the stats and the tape don't lie. This guy looks legit and has the 5 star pedigree to back it up.

Advertisement
Back