OT: Mike Elko staying as DC for Texas A&M (Manny Diaz HC watch)

I am happy for Manny. If offered the job, he should take it. The last three coaches have benefited greatly from their tenure at Temple. All three are now at Power 5 schools. Temple is a great place for Manny to cut his teeth as a head coach. Hopefully he is ready when we fire Mark Richt.
One of their former coaches is just killing it with the Lions

Advertisement
You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink. Temple did their part.

Look at it this way. Temple can be our farm system. Let Manny cut his teeth as a head coach and then we call him up to the big leagues once we fire Mark richt. Win win situation for us.

Either way this has to happen soon, I can Only imagine how bad we are getting negatively recruited right now for our defensive prospects

Advertisement
Miami needs to counter and open up their ******* wallets
rounders.jpg

Advertisement
I don't think it'd be a good move for Manny to jump ship and take the job at Temple. Eerily similar to Butch going to Cleveland. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. Manny has everything he wants here. Players, facilities, brand, money, and it's home. I'm sure he'll have better opportunities down the line. I'd pass on Temple if I were him.

GO CANES!!!

Tarver at Vandy, Winston Moss(maybe), but the problem is UGA, Temple, and others will be bidding on DC's too so who knows how this goes. Probably just promote Rumph and be lazy about it.

Advertisement
You can always tell about the Admins/Boards of schools that care about their sports (this case Football obviously) and those that don't. Some retain their best, quality coaches while there are those that allow them to be poached. Unfortunately, you guys know the mom and pop operation we run at the University of Miami.

Advertisement
You can always tell about the Admins/Boards of schools that care about their sports (this case Football obviously) and those that don't. Some retain their best, quality coaches while there are those that allow them to be poached. Unfortunately, you guys know the mom and pop operation we run at the University of Miami.

Alabama has basically a revolving door of Assistant Coaches/Coordinators...

Advertisement
Back