OT: Mike Elko staying as DC for Texas A&M (Manny Diaz HC watch)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who is even a a comparable replacement?

I’m not concerned about finding a replacement. We’ll get a good one. I’m more concerned about the damage him leaving will do to our recruiting class. It’s totally ****ed if he leaves no matter who we hire after signing day.

tumblr_ong689gBI81sncmsjo2_500.gif

Advertisement
Meanwhile, Miami sits and waits as they get poached by Temple. A real program would have ended this mess already. Same way we let Golden hold us hostage every **** year while he was out shopping for another gig.

Exactly.

Look what TAMU has done with Elko: as his name popped up they shut down all the rumors.

What have we done?

We will lose our best coach during the worst possible period. I don't know how they will hold this recruiting class together.
**** me, It's pathetic.

Advertisement
we need to follow TAMU's lead and pay Manny...that's what this is all about. If Manny is the Manny we think he is, he has already sat down with MR and laid out his terms for staying, which should include: a raise, title of assistant HC to add to the resume, commitment from Richt to bring in a capable play caller, and a new expresso cart in the IPF for cafecitos and pasteles each morning.

Advertisement
FML.

Only thing odd is I don't see Miami having a presser as mentioned to announce he's leaving. One can only hope.

True. It would potentially be sacrificing the short term for the long term. If Manny does get the Temple job, I hope he kills it over there.
If he chooses to go to temple I hope he does very well and would gladly welcome him back as HC one day. I do t blame him for wanting to be THE GUY for a football team

I’m not concerned about finding a replacement. We’ll get a good one. I’m more concerned about the damage him leaving will do to our recruiting class. It’s totally ****ed if he leaves no matter who we hire after signing day.

Actually, you should be concerned about the next guy, if Manny leaves. The problem is not finding a quality defensive coordinator. The problem is will Richt choose the right defensive coordinator. Mark Richt likes a coach that fits a certain profile. That is, married, religious and a mild-mannered yes man. This was a very tough year for Manny. His post-game comments were starting to stray further and further to the right. He was fed up with the offense.

Advertisement
Back