OT: Miami / UF Fan Dilemma

Advertisement
Not cool to post a real pic of @JBCanes-NC

Thoughts @FlatlandCane @RVACane

EA431F16-14D4-43F0-9E35-1D1263070680.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
There actually is a solution to your "friend's" dilemma.

All it requires is a fully loaded revolver ....then empty ONLY ONE chamber.

Fan the cylinder twice.

Aim the revolver, as described above, to your temple and IMMEDIATELY pull trigger.

IF you are alive after pulling the trigger you're a Cane fan

IF you end up dead after pulling the trigger...you WERE a gator fan ....and are now better off dead anyway because after 8/24 you will wish you were.

You ask why stack the odds so high against being a Cane fan and living?

Its because a TRUE CANE FAN would already know which side he going with

If you have to tell someone who to root for just tell him to turn on a long lost episode of Romper Room and call it a day.

Fug that business decision b.s. let me tell you what keeping it real look like:

My wife went to grad school @ bama, she wore her Auburn shirt often and an Auburn sticker on her cap @ graduation
I was interviewed @ FSU for a job, at the conclusions of interview, they asked about hobbies, told them I loved cfb, they proceeded to pump up the fact we were @ fsu, I told them I was a die hard canes fan.....didn't get the job but wouldn't change anything.

Tell ur friend to fug off and die a gator fan

Advertisement
Dear CIS,
I'll keep this short. I need to give a friend some advice. He went to UF but grew up a huge Miami fan. He went to all the games at the OB, but he made a business decision by attending UF and it worked out pretty well for him. He naturally became a Gator fan but still remains a die hard fan of the Canes. He's having a tough time deciding who to root for him. I'm sure there are others out there like him. How can I help him?
Sincerely,
Asking for a Friend

All due respect, he must not have been a real Miami fan to begin with—as you just don't defect like that.

I grew up in Miami and went to games at the Orange Bowl starting in 1982. Left for college in 1992. Bounced around and finished my last two years at UF—starting in 1996 when they won their first national title. My second year there, the Canes bottomed out at 5-6; worst season since 1979. Even made the short drive to Tallahassee to witness Florida State destroying Miami, 47-0.

The entire time I was in Gainesville, I had a Canes tag on my car, wore my UM gear and stayed true to 'The U'. You don't *have* to become a fan of a program just because one does a few years of college there.

Look no further than the NFL. How many New York transplants wind up in South Florida and still pull for the Jets, Giants, Yanks, Mets, Knicks, et al?

I was a Canes fan for 23 years before I wound up at UF to pick up my B.A. in English. Those ties were too deep to pull for the Gators—at all—just because I earned a degree there; and again, I did it eating **** while Miami bottomed out on probation and Florida was riding high with a national title and Heisman winner (Wuerffel).

Get off the fence and pick a side. If he's "undecided" he sounds like he's hedging his bets to go bandwagon for whoever wins, so he doesn't have to take any grief from the winning side.

And another one. The Paranoid State runs deep in CIS. That's not a surprise to me. Holy **** I've never been to a site where fans of one team destroy each other like this. F@ck u. Eat a d!ck and Go Canes.

Go gargle some balls, mama huevo. The **** is still running down your mouth from the last load that you had deposited in it. Get bent, ***kboy.

Dear CIS,
I cannot tell my friend to f&*k himself. You guys gotta understand, he IS a 'Cane but the guy went to another school. How is he going to root against his own school? I know there's people out there who went to other state schools and don't like it when ppl talk smack about their schools like a USF, FIU, UCF, or FAu.
I went to both UM and Duke...if someone told me I had to root for Duke over UM, I would tell them to go Fück themselves...

Advertisement
How about in basketball? I could see you not being a Duke football fan but basketball?
I root for Duke bc I have had friends on several athletic teams during my time there, but it's always UM first in every sport. I was the only Canes fan decked out in my UM gear in the Duke student section when we beat Duke at Duke

Advertisement
Back