OT: Miami / UF Fan Dilemma

I had a similar situation. I went to UF cause i wasnt accepted to Miami. Went to all the UF tailgates to party but wore Miami gear every time. Never rooted for the gators to win unless they were playing FSU. All my friends would rag on me, tell me to go to miami, didn’t bother me one bit. Miami hurricanes till i die.

Also i applied again to Miami for med school and was not accepted but was accepted to UFs med school so i had to stay for an additional 4 years. I love the university of Miami but clearly they do not love me lol

Advertisement
haha good one. For the record I went to Eckerd College. You probably don't know where it is but look it up dumb a$$. I grew up a Canes fan and went to the OB more times than I can count. At this point in my life I really don't have anything against the Gator. I spent a few weekends a year in Gainesville every year with friends and had some good times. I despise FSpoo waaaaaaaay more. Yea I made an account to bring this up cause I thought it was funny, what my friend is going through. We have a bunch of arguments back and forth, some that don't make sense on his end.

So quit slurping me you f**king troll

You made up an account on Jan 24th 2018 to bring this up on August 18th 2019?

I’ve lived in and around gainesville majority of my life , all it’s done is make me hate them worse.
Psych Shawn GIF - Psych Shawn Spencer GIFs

I actually attended a school with no football team in part because I couldn’t see myself rooting for another team. I was fortunate enough to have that choice so full respect to Canes who toughed out 4 years at a rival’s campus.
I see why you chose a school with no team but i wonder why people would root for there college team if Canes fans? Like if i attended ucf or whatever i wouldnt associate with the football team, i would just go to class and root for miami

Advertisement
If you spend 4 years immersed in a community, and your life is made better off directly as a result of your experience, yet you can't bring yourself to cheer for the sports teams that that community cheers for, then you take sports too seriously. The macho keyboard warriors on this site can drop as many dismissive "FOH" as they want, and pat themselves on the back for being tough guys on the internet.

But you should root for the Canes.

It really comes down to why you were a fan of the canes to begin with. The word Die Hard seems to be thrown around loosely. I was Born in Jackson Memorial Hospital and Visit UHealth for my grandma about twice a week. Other fans have different ties. But if 4 years makes you question a lifetime commitment you were never Die Hard

Dear CIS,
I'll keep this short. I need to give a friend some advice. He went to UF but grew up a huge Miami fan. He went to all the games at the OB, but he made a business decision by attending UF and it worked out pretty well for him. He naturally became a Gator fan but still remains a die hard fan of the Canes. He's having a tough time deciding who to root for him. I'm sure there are others out there like him. How can I help him?
Sincerely,
Asking for a Friend
If he's debating the question, tell him to be a gator fan.

Dear CIS,
I'll keep this short. I need to give a friend some advice. He went to UF but grew up a huge Miami fan. He went to all the games at the OB, but he made a business decision by attending UF and it worked out pretty well for him. He naturally became a Gator fan but still remains a die hard fan of the Canes. He's having a tough time deciding who to root for him. I'm sure there are others out there like him. How can I help him?
Sincerely,
Asking for a Friend
I’m a UF grad but it’s still and will always be **** THE GAYTORS!!! I even told Willie Williams that Gainesville was garbage before he proceeded to destroy the place on his recruiting visit. Thanks for the free education though! 🙌🏾

Advertisement
Dear CIS,
Sincerely,
Asking for a Friend

Honestly I hate UF even more than I hate FSU. FSU hasn't cowardly refused to play us for decades.

If you spend 4 years immersed in a community, and your life is made better off directly as a result of your experience, yet you can't bring yourself to cheer for the sports teams that that community cheers for, then you take sports too seriously. The macho keyboard warriors on this site can drop as many dismissive "FOH" as they want, and pat themselves on the back for being tough guys on the internet.

But you should root for the Canes.
I went to USF and still root for the Canes if they play each other. 4 years of college shouldn’t override a life of fandom. Your friend is a jabroni

Advertisement
I see why you chose a school with no team but i wonder why people would root for there college team if Canes fans? Like if i attended ucf or whatever i wouldnt associate with the football team, i would just go to class and root for miami
That’s what I would’ve done had I gone to a school with a team.

Seriously OP, what ******* answer did you think you'd get on this board?

The only person who'd tell your "friend" to go ahead and root for UF would be another gator troll.

It really comes down to why you were a fan of the canes to begin with. The word Die Hard seems to be thrown around loosely. I was Born in Jackson Memorial Hospital and Visit UHealth for my grandma about twice a week. Other fans have different ties. But if 4 years makes you question a lifetime commitment you were never Die Hard

This^^

I grew up going to OB games my whole life with my dad until I was able to get my own season tickets, my heart is in this team, I can’t just root for another team, it’s literally not in me and I wouldn’t be able to. I’m not interested in any other teams.

I’ve thought about it before, like what would happen if my favorite team in a league (nba,mlb,nfl,nhl) left the city or disbanded? I figured it out when the rams moved from St Louis to LA, that it didn’t matter, was still the same team and I would always root for them.

Like you said, it’s either diehard or casual, if you have the ability to switch allegiances and root for another team for any reason, you were never a die hard to begin with. And the great Miami teams were mostly made up of Miami kids who loved and repped their city, and were absolute die hards for this team.

Advertisement
There's no such thing as a Canes fan that is confused about who to root for, especially against UF.

If you're a Canes fan, you're a Canes fan. If you're a Gaytor fan, you're a POS.

You can't be a fan of team & also be a fan of your team's most hated rival, that's like being a Yankee & Red Sox fan, it's against the sports fan law.

If your friend doesn't know who to root for then he's not a true Cane at heart, simple.

My advice to “your friend” (everybody on CiS knows it’s you, dude), is to quit trolling Cane sites. My Gayturd senses are detecting another poor attempt by a UFag jorts wearer to troll. Go count sheep, or cows, or whatever it is that you do up there in Gheynsville.

Advertisement
Back