OT: Maryland vs. Minnesota

Advertisement
Too early to judge little Tua, he sucked major balls against Northwestern but has looked better tonight...although against a very, VERY bad Minnesota secondary. Only time will tell.

Their RB Funk is fiesty tho, kid runs hard and has decent burst
The arm talent and mobility is something that will transition no matter the defense. His balls have a ton of zip on them and hes very mobile and has solid pocket presence. He also seems to have clear command of that huddle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Taulia had 200 Total Yards 3TDs in the 1st Qtr.... I can't believe we passed on him.

We have a lot of blowhards on this site who think they know a lot more about football than they really do. MANY posters were saying Taulia was a crappy QB who just got a boost because of his brothers name (quite a few were saying that if his last name wasn't the same as his older brother's, Taulia would have been a 2 star).

The family actually lived a few blocks from me in Hawaii. I tried to explaining that the kid was on pace to obliterate Hawaii's passing records before transferring to a HS in Bama (many of which were set by Tua) and then he went on to have one of the best seasons for a QB in Bama HS history. Some dummies can't rid themselves of bias- because Marcus Vick wasn't as good as Michael Vick, and Eli Manning wasn't as good Peyton Manning, it meant that Taulia could never be in the same league as Tua. Maybe not, but it doesn't mean he couldn't be a first team ACC QB. It would have been nice to have Taulia learning from D'Eriq King this year.

We have a lot of blowhards on this site who think they know a lot more about football than they really do. MANY posters were saying Taulia was a crappy QB who just got a boost because of his brothers name (quite a few were saying that if his last name wasn't the same his older brother's, Taulia would have been a 2 star).

The family actually lived a few blocks from me in Hawaii. I tried to explaining that the kid was on pace to obliterate Hawaii's passing records before transferring to a HS in Bama (many of which were set by Tua) and then he went on to have one of the best seasons for a QB in Bama HS history. Some dummies can't rid themselves of bias- because Marcus Vick wasn't as good as Michael Vick, and Eli Manning wasn't as good Peyton Manning, it meant that Taulia could never be in the same league as Tua. It would have been nice to have Taulia learning from D'Eriq King.
You could see he was going to be a great college QB from his high school tape. Dude was making NFL throws his senior year in high school. Plus he comes from a great family. You knew at the very least you were getting a Smart hard working QB, who would bring maturity to your QB room

We have a lot of blowhards on this site who think they know a lot more about football than they really do. MANY posters were saying Taulia was a crappy QB who just got a boost because of his brothers name (quite a few were saying that if his last name wasn't the same his older brother's, Taulia would have been a 2 star).

The family actually lived a few blocks from me in Hawaii. I tried to explaining that the kid was on pace to obliterate Hawaii's passing records before transferring to a HS in Bama (many of which were set by Tua) and then he went on to have one of the best seasons for a QB in Bama HS history. Some dummies can't rid themselves of bias- because Marcus Vick wasn't as good as Michael Vick, and Eli Manning wasn't as good Peyton Manning, it meant that Taulia could never be in the same league as Tua. Maybe not, but it doesn't mean he couldn't be a first team ACC QB. It would have been nice to have Taulia learning from D'Eriq King this year.

Nobody knows if he even wanted to come to Miami to sit.

Sure doesn’t look like it, does it?

Advertisement
Nobody knows if he even wanted to come to Miami to sit.

Sure doesn’t look like it, does it?

That wasn't the discussion. The argument was whether Miami should look into him as a transfer. Many posters here said he was at best a G5 caliber QB and Miami shouldn't even consider him. Essentially they said it would be a waste of a scholarship as he was just an overrated QB. Would he have sat for a year in Miami? It's possible, and I think his family would be happy for him to be near his bro at a brand name program. I think we'd be a lot happier if Miami was looking at a competition next year between TVD and Taulia for the starting gig.

This board loves everyone except our own.
They wanted PJ Fleck now they in love with little Tua.
Totally dismissing Van Dyke without watching him play first.

Advertisement
We have a lot of blowhards on this site who think they know a lot more about football than they really do. MANY posters were saying Taulia was a crappy QB who just got a boost because of his brothers name (quite a few were saying that if his last name wasn't the same as his older brother's, Taulia would have been a 2 star).

So because Minnesota has now made two QBs look good means little Tua is good?

Did you forget how trash he was last game?

So because Minnesota has now made two QBs look good means little Tua is good?

Did you forget how trash he was last game?

Yes, he looked bad his first game as QB. So what? If you saw what he did in HS (in two different states), it's pretty clear that was an aberration. I know he's no Kenny Pickett, but I think he's going to put up outstanding numbers this season.

That wasn't the discussion. The argument was whether Miami should look into him as a transfer. Many posters here said he was at best a G5 caliber QB and Miami shouldn't even consider him. Essentially they said it would be a waste of a scholarship as he was just an overrated QB. Would he have sat for a year in Miami? It's possible, and I think his family would be happy for him to be near his bro at a brand name program. I think we'd be a lot happier if Miami was looking at a competition next year between TVD and Taulia for the starting gig.

Yea, but he’s not an inanimate chess piece to be moved around on a board. He himself would actually want to sit out a year and transfer here.

Advertisement
Back