PJ Fleck
Mike MacIntyre

Advertisement
Four coaches we don't want to see at FSU

Dan Mullen
Willie Taggart
PJ Fleck
Mike MacIntyre

Not sure why Dan Mullen should scare anyone. He raised the bar at MSU but things certainly changed with a home loss to South Alabama [5-5 (1-5)] and a losing record for the season.

Willie Taggart has improved each year at USF. I wouldn't touch him until he can win the American and dominate lower tier competition. Young coach, doing a decent job.

PJ Fleck is young and doing well at WM. If can win out, make a statement in the bowl game, he would likely be a big name. This would be the first year he wins the conference if they beat Toledo. I would like to see how he does in the bowl game against a quality opponent.

Mike MacIntyre has done well ONE year at Colorado. That one year (this year) has come when the conference is doing incredibly poorly.

- Oregon has a losing record
- Stanford is down this year or not as good
- He lost to USC

With that said he has Utah and the PAC-12 championship. If he wins both, he could easily be poached this off-season.

---------------------

None of those names scare me. I think they're could be a good coach on that list but there is a lot of risk as well.

Last edited:
lol at some of these posts. I'd like love to see almost any name mentioned at FSU before Fisher. He's a good *** coach that won a national championship. I hate the people that take away wins from a coach from their best player, especially if they recruited and developed them. Give them credit.

That being said, I certainly think Jimbo is beatable and there's some coaches that I'd hate to see there but chances are they won't get a Chip Kelly, Art Briles, or something like that. Jimbo is a great recruiter, replacing him with Dan Mullen would be great for us. I doubt Mullen has the same pull as Fisher, because Mullen is a well known prick.. Fisher doesn't come off that way.

Dan Mullen
Willie Taggart
PJ Fleck
Mike MacIntyre

Not sure why Dan Mullen should scare anyone. He raised the bar at MSU but things certainly changed with a home loss to South Alabama [5-5 (1-5)] and a losing record for the season.

Willie Taggart has improved each year at USF. I wouldn't touch him until he can win the American and dominate lower tier competition. Young coach, doing a decent job.

PJ Fleck is young and doing well at WM. If can win out, make a statement in the bowl game, he would likely be a big name. This would be the first year he wins the conference if they beat Toledo. I would like to see how he does in the bowl game against a quality opponent.

Mike MacIntyre has done well ONE year at Colorado. That one year (this year) has come when the conference is doing incredibly poorly.

- He lost to USC

With that said he has Utah and the PAC-12 championship. If he wins both, he could easily be poached this off-season.

---------------------

None of those names scare me. I think they're could be a good coach on that list but there is a lot of risk as well.

Say what you wanna say about Mullen, he probably has the hardest job in the country and he's kept that team competitive in the west and he's one of the best recruiters in country...he's pulled 5* stars at Miss State for god sakes. Anybody that says he would be great for us if he got hired by FSU is SEVERELY underestimating him and the job he's done at Miss State.

Willie Taggart is a recruiting threat more than coaching, he's secretly one of the best recruiters in the country. Last thing we need is someone with his offense and knowledge of the panhandle and SFL recruiting against us

Fleck is young but the job he's done there is has been phenomenal, there's a lot of risk in him though

Mike MacIntrye had San Jose State at 11-2 before the Colorado job and he's from down here and he knows the area. He has NFL experience on top of that but I could see how you can say there's risk in some of them

Advertisement
I've got a suggestion for a replacement for them. He is currently a TEs coach in Detroit but has head coaching experience. Would even bring his own defensive coordinator who is available.

Dan Mullen
Willie Taggart
PJ Fleck
Mike MacIntyre

- He lost to USC

---------------------

Say what you wanna say about Mullen, he probably has the hardest job in the country and he's kept that team competitive in the west and he's one of the best recruiters in country...he's pulled 5* stars at Miss State for god sakes. Anybody that says he would be great for us if he got hired by FSU is SEVERELY underestimating him and the job he's done at Miss State.

Willie Taggart is a recruiting threat more than coaching, he's secretly one of the best recruiters in the country. Last thing we need is someone with his offense and knowledge of the panhandle and SFL recruiting against us

Fleck is young but the job he's done there is has been phenomenal, there's a lot of risk in him though

Mike MacIntrye had San Jose State at 11-2 before the Colorado job and he's from down here and he knows the area. He has NFL experience on top of that but I could see how you can say there's risk in some of them

You're discrediting Jimbo a lot here. I promise you he's a better offensive mind than any of those and a better recruiter. Dan Mullen is a good offensive coach, but he's a prick. It's not going to sit well with all of these kids. Taggart is a good offensive coach, and a Harbaugh disciple, but he's not better than Fisher. He still loses games he shouldn't despite the talent at USF. None of those guys would sink FSU like Coker, Shannon, and Golden did Miami but none of them are winning a national championship. No doubt in my mind Richt is better than all of them, I'm not so sure I can say he's better than Fisher.

I never said he would be great for us, I said I am not scared of him. This year may be telling and a loss to South Alabama is never good. If he was getting Pinkel results, I would be more concerned. He has done well at Miss State, I think he is on the way out regardless (to a different job).

Not scared of the recruiting threat. I am worried our own coaches can't maximize the talent we have. Look at that 2013 team and how many made starts in the NFL (Deon Bush just made one). He needs to win the conference first IMO.

Agreed. Unless he wins the conference and looks good in the bowl game, I don't see FSU considering him.

----

With that said, I don't see any of them as an upgrade of Jimbo.

That OP reads like a tribute to chefcane. Is the "Random" in that post the same Random who purported to be a UM insider in the 90s? Did he take his bunco scam routine to LSU boards now?

Triple LULZ at anyone scared of that mental case PJ Fluke and his "row the boat" schtick. That corny schtick of his would be as successful as Folden's was here. It won't play with the dudes FSU recruits.

Advertisement
Not only can Fisher coach, that bjtch can recruit with anyone. Has had 2 players of a lifetime in Cook and Winston, and he took Winston right tf out from under Saban's nose. Get him as far away from fsu as you can and bring in anyone not named Saban (wont happen), Meyer (wont happen) or Hermann. I think if he beat UF this weekend, he will have beaten them and us every year for 4 years in a row (and yes, I know he has beaten us more than that). That means every Nole who is a senior football player would've NEVER lost to UF or Miami. Carry yo *** to BR Dumbo.

People with "inside" info generally lose me when it gets beyond specific to start mentioning different scenarios regarding assistant coaches that'd also be sought to join the (presumptive) new staff. Even moreso when we're still playing regular season games.

Advertisement
Not only can Fisher coach, that bjtch can recruit with anyone. Has had 2 players of a lifetime in Cook and Winston, and he took Winston right tf out from under Saban's nose. Get him as far away from fsu as you can and bring in anyone not named Saban (wont happen), Meyer (wont happen) or Hermann. I think if he beat UF this weekend, he will have beaten them and us every year for 4 years in a row (and yes, I know he has beaten us more than that). That means every Nole who is a senior football player would've NEVER lost to UF or Miami. Carry yo *** to BR Dumbo.

According to the coach loving potatoes on this board.....Jimbo sucks and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

Count me as a moron that wants Jimbo the **** out of FSU, and in a hurry. They are due to **** up their next hire so I'm willing to take my chances.

Dan Mullen
Willie Taggart
PJ Fleck
Mike MacIntyre

- He lost to USC

---------------------

Jesus. That list is pretty bad. May as well add Mario, Golden and Schiano.

Jimbo has underachieved at FSU more than he has met expectations given the talent he has had. We talk about poor use of talent here. He is wasting Dalvin Cook to a 3 loss season and a few other close ones. Dude can recruit though.

I seriously doubt Jimbo leaves because his son has a rare life-threatening disease and I just can't see him leaving and moving to Baton Rouge.

Advertisement
Back