OT: Jimbo Fisher likely headed to Baton Rouge

RepTheGables

Energy Vampire
TIFWIW. Fairly "plugged-in" source.

Latest Word on next LSU Head Coach | TigerDroppings.com

"Let me start out with this, I was on this board last year with a legitimate source that many of you observed but I later deleted at the advice of most everyone here. I ate my crow along with Random last year in spite of the dead accurate information he and I were both given last year, I stated that the deal had fell through at the 11th hour with Jimbo due to our political ****storm with our previous governor making one last stab at LSU and the people of Louisiana.

From the same source I had last year and two more sources inside the LSU athletic department (my same source from last year is very close to the FSU athletic department and a major figure head at a current SEC school and a personal friend).

I've been informed by all three sources (personal friend being the most connected) that Jimbo Fisher, barring any sudden wedge being driven like last year, has accepted LSU's offer to become head coach for approximately 6.75 million with incentives to bump it to 7.5 million, the housing stipend was never an issue and it wasn't about Louisiana state income taxes as LA property tax vs FL property tax is virtually a push and not an issue as far as net income is concerned.

I was also informed that Aranda would be retained but that in the event he suddenly bolts that Jimbo will be making a hard push for Jeremy Pruitt and that we would pay similar to Cam Cameron's salary as a coordinator. O's status is currently unknown as LSU is keeping that headline alive until the season's end in what was basically described to me as a sideshow to keep the media (mostly ESPN) from running with misinformation and letting the O conversation dominate their headlines.

I do not know anything or have any definitive concrete information on staff changes besides it is assumed by most in the LSU AD that BDP, Grimes, Ensminger, and Moffitt would be almost for sure replaced with Jimbo's new staff. Everyone else is a toss up as of now.

This may be TLDR but I am sharing this with you guys as I am a passionate but realistic LSU fan as many if not all is us are and want to bring the pride and excitement that we all remember having as Tigers while continuing to ascend our program as we have for the past 20 years. My sources are credible and are not campus janitors or guys who are earhustling after a game in Death Valley. These 3 people are in the war room making decisions in both of their respective athletic departments."

Advertisement
FSU can't match Texas's money. Herman will go to Texas and jimbo will go to LSU. FSU will be scrambling

FSU can't match Texas's money. Herman will go to Texas and jimbo will go to LSU. FSU will be scrambling

They would suck so bad

anYBNhqT2BYcg.gif

Advertisement
Herman wouldn't ever go to FSU over a Texas school...He loves coaching in Texas for some reason....also...Fisher is a corch in my book. Barely beat auburn and got carried by Winston just like Charlie Strong got carried by Teddy Bridgewater..and when he falls flat at LSU (assuming he can't get lucky with another NFL QB) people will try to use the narrative that he couldn't win because the SEC is that much better than the ACC. Can't wait until the SECvck suckers jump on Jimbo being successful in the ACC and failing in the SEC and I'll happily point out this year where he is trash in the ACC also.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly Jimbo underachieved in his time at FSU. He had a once in a lifetime talent in Jameis Winston who he owes all of his success to and left a lot to be desired before and after him.

Coaches I would hate to see go to FSU:
-Dana Holgorsen
-Doc Holiday
-Lane Kiffin
-Brent Venables

FSU would probably inquire or try to interview:
-Jeremy Pruitt
-Hugh Freeze
-Mike MacIntyre
-Larry Fedora
-Willie Taggart
-P.J Fleck
-Scott Satterfield
-Jeff Brohm

Advertisement
Mayne not going to lie I want to beat Jimbo's teams up. Guess we'll do it in 2018

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coaches I would hate to see go to FSU:
-Dana Holgorsen
-Doc Holiday
-Lane Kiffin
-Brent Venables

FSU would probably inquire or try to interview:
-Jeremy Pruitt
-Hugh Freeze
-Mike MacIntyre
-Larry Fedora
-Willie Taggart
-P.J Fleck
-Scott Satterfield
-Jeff Brohm

You trying to give rokulika a run for his title?

A coach with a relatively recent nc, 10 wins or more in 5/6 seasons (this year tbd), and is 7-0 against us is a corch?

Lol at the idiots on this board.

Advertisement
A coach with a relatively recent nc, 10 wins or more in 5/6 seasons (this year tbd), and is 7-0 against us is a corch?

I look at it like this, dude had head and shoulders talent advantage , in a crappy conference with no other great coaches. But still found a way to drop 3 games a year. While having the perfect storm of muschamp and Golden at rival schools.

So yeah, he's just a ditch but he's quite overrated. A real coach with those advantages would murder people.

Honestly Jimbo underachieved in his time at FSU. He had a once in a lifetime talent in Jameis Winston who he owes all of his success to and left a lot to be desired before and after him.

brain dead statement...he has Pwned us and the gates with no shame. Doled out beat downs on both schools and WON a 'ship and all you can say is that he has underachieved?? WOW...just WOW!

I look at it like this, dude had head and shoulders talent advantage , in a crappy conference with no other great coaches. But still found a way to drop 3 games a year. While having the perfect storm of muschamp and Golden at rival schools.

So yeah, he's just a ditch but he's quite overrated. A real coach with those advantages would murder people.

Lol. Just stop....please stop being so stupid. Besides owning us and uf, his overall record of high consistency, and a nc:

His first year-arguably one bad loss to a depleted but still very good unc team. All other three losses were to ranked teams at the end of the year.

Second year-one bad loss to wake first. Arguably two if an 8 win Virginia team is 'bad'.

Third year-one bad loss to nc state by 1 point

Fourth year-nc

Fifth year-no bad losses. Lost in playoffs.

Sixth year-one bad loss to Georgia tech. Houston and a near nc winner in Clemson don't count.

7th year-no bad losses. He should have beaten unc but they are 8-3 this year. Also has a redshirt freshman as his starting qb.

So as usual I got even more granular with this beat down, not counting his nc, excellent track record against uf and us, and 10 plus win records nearly every year. Please stop. Outside of Saban, Meyer or maybe dabo no coach has been as consistently very good the past seven years.

Advertisement
Back