OT: Jimbo Fisher likely headed to Baton Rouge

Four coaches we don't want to see at FSU

Dan Mullen
Willie Taggart
PJ Fleck
Mike MacIntyre

Not sure why Dan Mullen should scare anyone. He raised the bar at MSU but things certainly changed with a home loss to South Alabama [5-5 (1-5)] and a losing record for the season.

Willie Taggart has improved each year at USF. I wouldn't touch him until he can win the American and dominate lower tier competition. Young coach, doing a decent job.

PJ Fleck is young and doing well at WM. If can win out, make a statement in the bowl game, he would likely be a big name. This would be the first year he wins the conference if they beat Toledo. I would like to see how he does in the bowl game against a quality opponent.

Mike MacIntyre has done well ONE year at Colorado. That one year (this year) has come when the conference is doing incredibly poorly.

- Oregon has a losing record
- Stanford is down this year or not as good
- He lost to USC

With that said he has Utah and the PAC-12 championship. If he wins both, he could easily be poached this off-season.

---------------------

None of those names scare me. I think they're could be a good coach on that list but there is a lot of risk as well.

Jesus. That list is pretty bad. May as well add Mario, Golden and Schiano.

Jimbo has underachieved at FSU more than he has met expectations given the talent he has had. We talk about poor use of talent here. He is wasting Dalvin Cook to a 3 loss season and a few other close ones. Dude can recruit though.

How's that list bad?? Do you watch anything else other than Miami football?? All four of these guys are good coaches who would be a thorn in our asses for as long as they are there...what? you really think Herman's going there or that Les Miles would do a better job than any of those 4?? All four have recruited this area or know this area very well, all 4 are have very successful history with their jobs(Taggart to a lesser extent), and 3 of the 4(Fleck,MacIntyre, and Mullen) have proven to be good talent developers. I'm not scared of any of them but if you think any of the 4 wouldn't be good hires for them then you honestly need to go watch more football

Last edited:
Advertisement
A coach with a relatively recent nc, 10 wins or more in 5/6 seasons (this year tbd), and is 7-0 against us is a corch?

Lol at the idiots on this board.

I look at it like this, dude had head and shoulders talent advantage , in a crappy conference with no other great coaches. But still found a way to drop 3 games a year. While having the perfect storm of muschamp and Golden at rival schools.

So yeah, he's just a ditch but he's quite overrated. A real coach with those advantages would murder people.

Sound like what UGA fans said about richt

Honestly Jimbo underachieved in his time at FSU. He had a once in a lifetime talent in Jameis Winston who he owes all of his success to and left a lot to be desired before and after him.

brain dead statement...he has Pwned us and the gates with no shame. Doled out beat downs on both schools and WON a 'ship and all you can say is that he has underachieved?? WOW...just WOW!

Look at what he's done sans Winston. With the Talent he's had throughout the years FSU should be up there with bama every year. LSU fired Les Miles for underachieving with the Talent they had. He also won a National Championship and played in 1 more than Jimbo in the same amount time Jimbo has been at FSU.

More than Jimbo possibly leaving, I'm happy to see Dalvin Cook leave. He's beaten us almost single handedly the past two years. Elite players make good coaches look like great coaches.

Advertisement
More than Jimbo possibly leaving, I'm happy to see Dalvin Cook leave. He's beaten us almost single handedly the past two years. Elite players make good coaches look like great coaches.
After him they have no one on the roster on O worth a **** other than Francois

Jimbo is a very very average coach but he can recruit better then anyone not named Saban so I want him gone. FSU will take a major hit losing him and they couldn't hire a better coach or a better recruiter due to not being many open at the time. Herman is Texas bound.

Advertisement
I seriously doubt Jimbo leaves because his son has a rare life-threatening disease and I just can't see him leaving and moving to Baton Rouge.

its rare, but his son is OK now, may not need immediate hospital care and not every hospital can treat it. i believe one of his last treatments was not in tally, so that might not be a consideration.

Advertisement
Unless they absolutely fumble this FSU will bring in a big name coach, even if that coach is Les Miles.

FSU can't match Texas's money. Herman will go to Texas and jimbo will go to LSU. FSU will be scrambling

Still have to believe they're going to make a big hire. I'll say it again, I would love for Jimbo to stay put.

big hire ? Not much to choice from left.. Kiffen, Schiano or go after Pruitt. If they went after Charlie I think the fans would lose it.

So the jobs that either are open or more than likely will be open are as follows:

Texas (Herman)
LSU (Fisher)
FSU (Miles or Kiffin?)
Oregon (Chip Kelly?)
Baylor
NCST (Miles or Strong?)
Boston College
Houston (Coach Macho)

wild cards - Texas A&M, ND, and GT

Did I miss any?

Would Dabo leave Clemson for any program not named Alabama? He loses Watson after this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miles is just sort of sitting out there, and he's readily accessible now. So, FSU and other schools can get an early start in feeling him out, unlike Kiffin who I'm sure Saban has locked in a vault somewhere. I actually would prefer Kiffin go to FSU than Miles based on their coaching records.

Unless they absolutely fumble this FSU will bring in a big name coach, even if that coach is Les Miles.

FSU can't match Texas's money. Herman will go to Texas and jimbo will go to LSU. FSU will be scrambling

Still have to believe they're going to make a big hire. I'll say it again, I would love for Jimbo to stay put.

big hire ? Not much to choice from left.. Kiffen, Schiano or go after Pruitt. If they went after Charlie I think the fans would lose it.

Miles hasn't developed a QB in a long time, he doesn't scare me as much as a Herman does, even though I believe Herman is all Texas.

I could see them going after Chip Kelly, but Oregon is going to offer him like 10 mill a year.

Coaches I would hate to see go to FSU:
-Dana Holgorsen
-Doc Holiday
-Lane Kiffin
-Brent Venables

FSU would probably inquire or try to interview:
-Jeremy Pruitt
-Hugh Freeze
-Mike MacIntyre
-Larry Fedora
-Willie Taggart
-P.J Fleck
-Scott Satterfield
-Jeff Brohm

Add Charlie Strong to the hate list.

So the jobs that either are open or more than likely will be open are as follows:

Texas (Herman)
LSU (Fisher)
FSU (Miles or Kiffin?)
Oregon
Baylor
NCST (Miles or Strong?)
Boston College
Houston (Coach Macho)

wild cards - Texas A&M, ND, and GT

Did I miss any?

Would Dabo leave Clemson for any program not named Alabama? He loses Watson after this season.
[MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION]

Advertisement
Back