OT/ Isley Brothers & Earth, Wind & Fire

Advertisement
CaneinOrlando's Top 5 Women Voices...
* MTUME'S -Tawatha Agee (JUICY)
* Mary Davis - SOS Band
* SADE
* Anita Baker
* Toni Braxton
You can't be from Miami and not throw in Betty Wright. LOL! Another female diva that comes to mind is Roberta Flack. And since you mentioned Toni Braxton, I'll have to include the GOAT -- Ms. Whitney Houston

Advertisement
Bruh, you killing me. “You got me”, “Coming where from Im from”, “Long Walk” and “Soul Sista”… one bad dude.

The first time I heard Meshell Ndegeocello it was her song “If that’s your boyfriend (he wasn’t last night)” … but she never got as big as her talent.

MeShell's Comfort Woman album is one of my favorites ever, as a female bassist she had some really slick & groovy pockets, she's also really great with harmonics which is a true testament of any Bass player.

Saw Midnight Star and Egyptian Lover in 86..in Miami....The opening act for them was a Miami Band called Company B....to make a long story short....I ended up kinda dating one of the Company Bs singers....I have some photos of us I'll dig up...but used to Bar Hop with her throughout Miami for a Good 6 months...VIP wherever I went...Not to long ago I was able to rekindle our friendship via Social Media....
I knew Charlotte back then, if that’s who you’re talking about? The other girl married Ish.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bruh, you killing me. “You got me”, “Coming where from Im from”, “Long Walk” and “Soul Sista”… one bad dude.

The first time I heard Meshell Ndegeocello it was her song “If that’s your boyfriend (he wasn’t last night)” … but she never got as big as her talent.

The way she maneuvers in & out of notes on this record is mind blowing, she's playing tri-tones & fretting up scale at the same **** time.

Advertisement

And while were on the topic of Multi-instrumentalists Bassists, gotta put the U's very own Legend & Icon Jaco Pastorius.

This dude was **** Alien! His ability to hit elite level harmonics on a fretless bass is unmatched, without doubt one of the top 5-10 greatest bassists of All-time, with a very strong argument for #1, basically he's up there with Larry Graham, James Jamerson, Stanley Clarke, Robbie Shakespeare, Aston Barrett, Victor Wooten & Verdine White.

There probably isn't a more technically intricate player than Jaco, the man had a Doctorate in chord subbing progressions.

Dude you say a lot of stuff that’s 🎯 with me.

When that beat dropped for “License To Kill” I went crazy, I didn’t think she was gonna play it. Something about that song, I love it.
I was (pleasantly) surprised she went into the bag and dropped it. A masterful anthem that's a perfect blend of everything that's James Bond, but if somebody heard it for the first time and didn't know it was a 007 theme song, it'd absolutely be able to stand on its own.

Advertisement
Back