OT/ Isley Brothers & Earth, Wind & Fire

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh...Dont think Freddie couldn't blow with the best of them....Smooth ain't the word...
51TH4iagtgL._SY355_.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Excellent thread.
This was live in concert in Houston in 1976. Should start at the 40:48 minute mark with the late-great-died-way-too-early Glenn Goins on vocals. Edit: Actually, it starts with George Clinton's no singing *** on vocals, but Glenn Goins comes in after him. BTW, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. made George Clinton an honorary member this past summer. A little Parliament Funkadelic.

Advertisement
Maaaan I been listening to Tony Toni Tone since the early 90's, but then when Saadiq left the group & formed Lucy Pearl I became a huge fan of his solo work.

He really doesn't get the credit he deserves but he was really one of the main catalyst behind the scenes in developing the Neo-Soul movement in the 90's. He wrote D'Angelo's biggest record of his career, he also wrote for the Roots, Erykah Badu, Anthony Hamilton, Jill Scott, Bilal & so many others.

His Jimmy Lee album from last year was legit one of the best albums of 2019, it was Grammy worthy.
Bruh, you killing me. “You got me”, “Coming where from Im from”, “Long Walk” and “Soul Sista”… one bad dude.

The first time I heard Meshell Ndegeocello it was her song “If that’s your boyfriend (he wasn’t last night)” … but she never got as big as her talent.

Advertisement
Back