OT: HBO's Chernobyl

Band of Brothers is not only about real events, but the main characters, and there are at least a dozen, are also portraying real people. It’s 100% fact based.

I saw it maybe ten years ago and will rewatch sometime in the future.

HBO’s The Pacific, BOB’s partner series, is also very good, although not a masterpiece like BOB.

Shoutout to the men who willingly put themselves in harm’s way, in the past and today, so that we can be soft, lazy, entitled assho|es complaining about irrelevant minuscule bullshlt and moaning about every little inconvenience.

Advertisement
Band of Brothers achilles was horrible acting. Unbelievable C rate guys littered all over the place.

OP says miniseries.

40 posts of non-miniseries talk ensues.

So we don’t just do that with football around here I guess?

Looking forward to this one. Some heavy hitters acting-wise. Not huge names but ones I really like. Can’t wait to catch up.

And *** yes, Band of Brothers...incredible

I think the first episode was good but I think they built it up nicely so I'm more excited for all the following episodes.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Definitely the GOAT mini series with the GOAT intro. I thought the cast was good Damian Lewis, Ron Livingston, Michael Cudlitz, Neal McDonough I thought all were really good. Michael Fassbender (Magneto) is in a few episodes and even Tom Hardy makes an appearance. Pacific was really disappointing to me after this masterpiece. For the American history buffs on here you have to watch Adams.

First episode of Chernobyl was fantastic. Really portrayed the tension very well and also how worthless the state is being in charge of everything. Russia didn't even report this incident to the IAEA until Sweden started picking up readings. Russia then had to report it several days later. Sweden is only nearly 700 miles away from Chernobyl.

Advertisement
I've never seen Band of Brothers. I'll have to check it out. I'm watching Ken Burn's Vietnam War documentary right now. It's awesome.
Being a history buff... I watched the Ken Burns Civil War series and it was excellent. I'm gonna check out Vietnam.

Watched it after the B’s game. Good flick but horrifying watching it knowing those people were the walking dead. They still have a sarcophagus over that reactor and the second they completed it the sarcophagus started deteriorating. Crazy train. 31 years later and that things is still kicking off evil.

Advertisement
i know what chernobyl is. i was wondering what the show itself was centered around. but if all ive done is create an opportunity for people to feel smug(not you), then im alright with that.
It’s been pretty, I don’t want to say secretive, but being a mini series they don’t give a lot away on the previews. Or I haven’t been paying attention.

Just seems to center around the disaster, aftermath, and maybe the inner workings of what led to it. Looks intense as **** man.

Anyone watching (watched) The Looming Tower?

They're up to episode 3 on the BBC. Pretty good.

It’s been pretty, I don’t want to say secretive, but being a mini series they don’t give a lot away on the previews. Or I haven’t been paying attention.

Just seems to center around the disaster, aftermath, and maybe the inner workings of what led to it. Looks intense as **** man.

It feels very dense. They just let you wallow in the fact that no one has any idea wtf is going on and you know its going to be really really bad.

Final episode, final segment of OUR PLANET of Netflix is going to make for a nice epilogue for this show. Incredible footage of Chernobyl today.

Advertisement
Back