OT: HBO's Chernobyl

JHallCanes

#TNM
It feels very dense. They just let you wallow in the fact that no one has any idea wtf is going on and you know its going to be really really bad.

Final episode, final segment of OUR PLANET of Netflix is going to make for a nice epilogue for this show. Incredible footage of Chernobyl today.
Interesting. Like tossing you in the mix more or less? Really looking forward to checking it out man. Might give it a couple of weeks and watch it post-GOT

atlCanesFan

Redshirt Freshman
If u havent seen Game of thrones u cant claim that, GOT bodies that show.
Don't get me wrong, huge fan of GOT. But GOT was a series that ran for 8 seasons. Chernobyl is a mini series (5 episodes).
Can't make an A to A comparison.

dhouze

Recruit
Anybody watch Westworld? I caught a few episodes after GOT went off and it looks a bit interesting
I watched Westworld season 1. Impressive quality actors and setting. The plot was even intriguing... but turned to crap.

When I saw soldiers/ mercenaries fail to bring RPGs to a robot war I figured the writers were too stupid to waste my time with more. Ended my effort at S02S01. We also have some thing called EMP that'll fry a robots circuits with out other mechanical damage. The whole thing is written by people who don't give **** about anything realistic. Probably some rich studios nepotism at work as usual.. Kinda Like GOT when the books ran out. Hollywood is fill of this problem.

BS85

Recruit
Anyone watching (watched) The Looming Tower?

They're up to episode 3 on the BBC. Pretty good.
Is that the Steven King series?

Edit: just kidding, forgot I know how to use Google. Anyway, that's a good series as well which is being converted to a TV AND movie(s) which are tied together....I've never seen that happen before.

LeavingJesusland

Freshman
Did a research paper for an engineering ethics class in college. Chose Chernobyl. Have been into the topic ever since. Some good reads out there too.

Stylie

Senior
Flesh sweling and burning up, people throwing up black **** everywhere; all to the sounds of a fantastic, dark, musical score....... fucking love it. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Anyone watching (watched) The Looming Tower?

They're up to episode 3 on the BBC. Pretty good.
Really enjoyed it. Honestly never heard about this guy and the way his story comes full circle is unbelievable. Imagine how many stories there are from that one day.

Stylie

Senior
Episode 2 was awesome. Stay clear of the graphite! Look forward to next week.

Last edited:

bhall960

Actual fking Legend
episode 2 was fuckin insane. This series has me completely invested 2 episodes in.

Gr8.

Freshman
how is nobody gonna actually describe what the show is about
Based on a real life event:
The Chernobyl disaster, also referred to as the Chernobyl accident, was a catastrophic nuclear accident that occurred on 25–26 April 1986 in the No. 4 nuclear reactor of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, near the now-abandoned town of Pripyat, in northern Soviet Ukraine.

JoNJoN

Redshirt Freshman
The evacuation scene was epic. Perfect cinematography with a chilling soundtrack. This show definitely deserves a surround system. You could just feel the tension and confusion of the people being forced to leave for their safety. Add the fact that this event actually happened just makes it more surreal.

Thoughtsoncanes

Trending Up
Based on a real life event:
The Chernobyl disaster, also referred to as the Chernobyl accident, was a catastrophic nuclear accident that occurred on 25–26 April 1986 in the No. 4 nuclear reactor of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, near the now-abandoned town of Pripyat, in northern Soviet Ukraine.
You actually had to explain.

:pgdead:

puertorricane

Redshirt Freshman
British and Americans telling the story of a Soviet disaster. Good series but you can tell early that there are politics involved and they will try to make the soviets look as stupid as they can.