OT: HBO's Chernobyl

Episode 3 was really good. Those poor guys suffered some terrible deaths. For those of you who like BOB and the Pacific need to check out Generation Kill. The guy who wrote The Wire which is probably the greatest TV show ever wrote Generation Kill. As someone who has served in Iraq its a funny miniseries that is pretty accurate..

Advertisement
i don't understand why people have a problem with the show being in english. i don't enjoy subtitles because you can't even look away from the screen. plus in this case their probably aren't enough quality russian actors to make a high quality poduction of this magnitude.

and hbo doesn't drop it at once for a reason. they need to keep people paying their subscriptions. their business model is a little different than the streaming services.
There is only a a few main characters
I'm sure there are 3 good Russian actors in the world.

As for your second point, HBO better update their business model to fit the times or there will be no HBO. Without a flagship series like GoT they are in trouble.
i don't understand why people have a problem with the show being in english. i don't enjoy subtitles because you can't even look away from the screen. plus in this case their probably aren't enough quality russian actors to make a high quality poduction of this magnitude.

and hbo doesn't drop it at once for a reason. they need to keep people paying their subscriptions. their business model is a little different than the streaming services.

HBO better update their business model to the times or there will be no HBO. Without a flagship series like GoT they are in big trouble.

20190521_085444.jpg

Anybody watch Westworld? I caught a few episodes after GOT went off and it looks a bit interesting

Season one was pretty good. Season two fell off in my option. Got weird with the storylines but still a solid watch. Not some amazing series that is a great of all-time.

Advertisement

Exactly. It's just ridiculous for people to argue "speak Russian" for some sort of "realism". The story has already created a fictional "composite character" that is played by Emily Watson, so making all the actors speak Russian isn't going to fix anything.

I just watched Les Miserables on PBS, and every actor had an English (NOT French) accent. It was a great production, and the "realism" didn't suffer. There was actually a nice "making of" bit that showed how they shot the Waterloo scene. Here's a hint - they used special effects, it wasn't 100% "realistic".

I for one am very glad they didnt go the subtitle route. I still haven't made it through narcos as my brain is too **** tired at night to sit there and fast paced read for hours on end. Not saying narcos shouldnt have used subtitles, but im glad Chernobyl did not.

Advertisement
Show me where I said I want mutaded kids

I can only hope for a wife like that.

You hope for a wife that will expose herself to ultra-high mutating levels of radiation when she’s pregnant - 100% guaranteed chromodonal/DNA damage to the unborn child and mutations at birth.

Proven.

You are such a bad poster, you’re exhausting.

Advertisement
You hope for a wife that will expose herself to ultra-high mutating levels of radiation when she’s pregnant - 100% guaranteed chromodonal/DNA damage to the unborn child and mutations at birth.

Proven.

You are such a bad poster, you’re exhausting.
I can only hope for a wife that cares about me like she cared about him.

But yeah let's assume that I wish I was a firefighter in 80's Russia that is being eaten alive by nuclear chemicals and my pregnant wife (who knows nothing about radiation) is bedside. Sounds logical.

If I'm a bad poster just say the word and I'll mute u. The only thing that is exhausting is u all b*tching like some females over something u don't have to see.

I can only hope for a wife that cares about me like she cared about him.

But yeah let's assume that I wish I was a firefighter in 80's Russia that is being eaten alive by nuclear chemicals and my pregnant wife (who knows nothing about radiation) is bedside. Sounds logical.

If I'm a bad poster just say the word and I'll mute u. The only thing that is exhausting is u all b*tching like some females over something u don't have to see.

How many people do you have to mute or tell to mute you before you realize...maybe it's just you?

How many people do you have to mute or tell to mute you before you realize...maybe it's just you?

Absolutely correct. If every single person who was ASKED by him to put him on "ignore" actually did it, the guy would never get a single response.

Advertisement
I'm going to continue to post what I want. So now that u know that, if u don't want to see what I post say the word and I'll mute u.

I'm going to continue to post what I want. So now that u know that, if u don't want to see what I post say the word and I'll mute u.

That's fine. But, if you're going to hijack every thread - then this is the kind of feedback you'll get. At least accept that. It seems like every thread eventually results in you arguing with someone.

Regardless, you can post all you want - but you are a terrible poster and constantly derail thread after thread. You clearly think highly of your opinion and don't seem to value anyone else's. You seem young so a little life advice - the sooner you develop humility, the better off you'll be.

Also, you post in absolutes too much.

That's fine. But, if you're going to hijack every thread - then this is the kind of feedback you'll get. At least accept that. It seems like every thread eventually results in you arguing with someone.

Regardless, you can post all you want - but you are a terrible poster and constantly derail thread after thread. You clearly think highly of your opinion and don't seem to value anyone else's. You seem young so a little life advice - the sooner you develop humility, the better off you'll be.

Also, you post in absolutes too much.
he is just an opinionated poster like you guys. some of you guys just love to make this stuff personal. i shy away from one-one-one arguments or calling out guys. just don't see the point in message board fights.

Advertisement
Back