OT- Have athletes gotten worse in the NBA/MLB?

Durant eats in any era.

He would be the same guy, the good and the bad. He never wins a championship as the main guy with one other star player.

Put his scoring on the Knicks, Pacers, or Jazz, and those series get a lot more difficult for th Bulls.

I still wouldn’t bet against Jorda n though. What separates him from EVERYBODY except maybe Bill Russell is his unparalleled ability to raise the play of his teammates.

Jordan was a brutal task master whose practice habits drove his teammates to elite play in the most critical situations. Once he got over the hump, NOBODY could beat his infectious, psychotic competitiveness.

No matter how skilled or great any player past or present is, he is head and shoulders above them all.
Durant would be good no doubt, but the physicality would hurt his scoring ability IMO

Advertisement
“Despite significant advances in training and nutrition, are NBA and MLB (but not nfl bc I still watch that hehe) players worse today?”

Not players. The question is are better athletes coming into the sport?

Humans didn’t evolve in twenty years. They are certainly eating and training better. But is the sport attracting better athletes under its current rules?

On what planet?

Unlike "Give & Go" Curry & "Catch & Shoot" Klay, MAR could get His own shot.

i'M NOT UNDER THE AGE OF 25. And im a sports lover..i was around to see MAR do this to the bulls. I can only laugh at what steph curry would do tjo his current coach because Jordan would have to guard someone else who would be killing them.

There is video evidence of MAR doing the same exact sh*t and offense GSW ran for Curry

Durant would be good no doubt, but the physicality would hurt his scoring ability IMO

i highly doubt it. He's 6'11 and a naural shooter. He is getting to his spots regardless of how physical you think it hurts. Its literally been the only weakness ever said about him and he continues to sh(t on it. Lebron is a physical freak....KD gives him BUCKETS. KD issue isnt physicality its his mental.

The Splash Brothers, Draymond and Iggy weren’t on that team? They couldn’t keep Thompson off the boards. Imagine Rodman.

The playbook for beating the Warriors was roughing them up with athletic perimeter defense and killing them on the boards. The Bulls are built for that and can switch all day.

They could switch all day in the 90s with teams without the athleticism...they have one unit that can switch...everything else is barbecue chicken....

Toni Kukoc and Will Perdue aint getting out there sonny.

Advertisement
i'M NOT UNDER THE AGE OF 25. And im a sports lover..i was around to see MAR do this to the bulls. I can only laugh at what steph curry would do tjo his current coach because Jordan would have to guard someone else who would be killing them.

There is video evidence of MAR doing the same exact sh*t and offense GSW ran for Curry

Imagine what MJ or Pippen would do to em':

Imagine what MJ or Pippen would do to em':

the bulls dont have a Grindfather.

MJ and Pippen have to score offensively for them to be in the game. Tony Allen didnt do or have to do **** offensively all his energy was preserve for defense which he always played extremely well. That being said they ran tony allen to death and his hamstring fell off by game 4 lol.

Phil Jackson would HAVE to try to hide with the BJ Armstrong and Steve Kerr's of the world and they would get TORCHED. They would have to pick their times to guard Curry and Pippen is the only one legitimately that can guard Durant full time., unless the plan is to put coked up rodman on him.

I love this debate though.

First, tony allen is one of the best perimeter defenders of the 21st century. Second, Curry averaged 25/5/7 that series on 40% 3PT shooting.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

I mean there is a guy that may know some about it.....that currently coaches gsw.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/who-would-win-96-bulls-or-16-warriors-steve-kerr-weighs

Keep in mind this is BEFORE KD was ont he team i believe.

Advertisement
BUT basketball back then was still a man’s game. No buddy, buddy chit. No fashion runway chit. No shooting everything from the outside or can’t be touch chit. Your mental game had to be just as, if not stronger than your physical game. That’s the missing ingredient in a lot of NBA players today.
LOL.

why i laugh at the whole steph will get lockdown crowd..and again the GSW team is running the dog **** out of them.lol...Bill Wennington being subbed into the game and leaving 2 shot clocks later due to dehydration

“highest paid media member in the league”

Advertisement
i highly doubt it. He's 6'11 and a naural shooter. He is getting to his spots regardless of how physical you think it hurts. Its literally been the only weakness ever said about him and he continues to sh(t on it. Lebron is a physical freak....KD gives him BUCKETS. KD issue isnt physicality its his mental.
Skinny *** Durant isn’t gonna get to his spots so easy when he’s getting arm checked all over the court. That style of defense would no doubt mess with him mentally and throw his game off. Like I said, he’d be good, but he wouldn’t be a top3 guy in the NBA.

Advertisement
The lakers sans the two stars are not more athletic at this point.

Early in their careers, Rondo, Howard, McGee, and Green were great athletes, but nothing special anymore
It's not how athletic the Lakers are this point, it's are they more athletic in comparison to the Bulls?

Is Rondo more athletic than Kerr? Is Howard more athletic than Longley? Is McGee more athletic than Wennington? Is Green more athletic than Harper (this one is probably a wash)?

Just in terms of who's more athletic, not who's better - I'd say it leans towards the Lakers when you look at the full rosters. If you said it looks pretty even, I wouldn't argue against that. If you think the Bulls were more athletic, I'd just disagree.

Skinny *** Durant isn’t gonna get to his spots so easy when he’s getting arm checked all over the court. That style of defense would no doubt mess with him mentally and throw his game off. Like I said, he’d be good, but he wouldn’t be a top3 guy in the NBA.

that f*cker would LIVE at the free throw line where he is **** near 89% from.

I dont know what the **** yall think KD really is...dudes a unicorn. He's soft/insecure mentally but he gets his when he wants in any era...thats evident.

Advertisement
Back