OT- Have athletes gotten worse in the NBA/MLB?

Advertisement
"This generation is not getting enough credit, the athletes in this generation are so far superior....There are like 10-11 guys in the NBA right now with Jordan's athleticism."

"This generation is not getting enough credit, the athletes in this generation are so far superior....There are like 10-11 guys in the NBA right now with Jordan's athleticism."

Isaiah Thomas ****ting on Jordan?

Next, we’ll ask Ron Goldman for his opinion on whether OJ could run for 2K in today’s NFL.

Jordan & Pippen would lock down Thompson & Curry, GSW would be a one man team with Durant.

Durant when healthy is arguably the best player in the NBA.

Curry is definately not getting lock down....Mahmoud Abdul Rauf is a glimpse at what Steph would do to them...and Steph is a better shooter and ball handler than him. He's getting his numbers against them in 90's rules as well.

When you realize Igoudala is **** near the same size as Rodman as well. (Rodman would do well against GS) is when u realize how scary it would get for them. I got gs in 6

Advertisement

Curry is definately not getting lock down....Mahmoud Abdul Rauf is a glimpse at what Steph would do to them...and Steph is a better shooter and ball handler than him. He's getting his numbers against them in 90's rules as well.

When you realize Igoudala is **** near the same size as Rodman as well. (Rodman would do well against GS) is when u realize how scary it would get for them. I got gs in 6

Splash Bros would just be raining 3 balls. While Chicago had Rodman, Golden State had two of him in Iggy and Draymond.

Good luck with all that on ball defending when Steph pulls up for 3 one step after he gets across mid-court.

The game is so different now...they made some BIG DEAL in Ep3 about the Paxson game and trusting John Paxson. In today's game, there are two better John Paxsons sitting at opposite sides of the arch waiting to jack up shots from 3 from a kick out. I made mention of it before, but look at the heat maps from the 90s v the heat maps of today. Where Jordan thrived and where guards of today thrive couldn't be more different. In a Golden State game, there's too much going on, man. Jordan would absolutely get his and will his team some games, but there is just too much going on with Golden State, brother. Too many players to defend at the same time, too many areas of the court that need to be covered.

Splash Bros would just be raining 3 balls. While Chicago had Rodman, Golden State had two of him in Iggy and Draymond.

Good luck with all that on ball defending when Steph pulls up for 3 one step after he gets across mid-court.

The game is so different now...they made some BIG DEAL in Ep3 about the Paxson game and trusting John Paxson. In today's game, there are two better John Paxsons sitting at opposite sides of the arch waiting to jack up shots from 3 from a kick out. I made mention of it before, but look at the heat maps from the 90s v the heat maps of today. Where Jordan thrived and where guards of today thrive couldn't be more different. In a Golden State game, there's too much going on, man. Jordan would absolutely get his and will his team some games, but there is just too much going on with Golden State, brother. Too many players to defend at the same time, too many areas of the court that need to be covered.

why i laugh at the whole steph will get lockdown crowd..and again the GSW team is running the dog **** out of them.lol...Bill Wennington being subbed into the game and leaving 2 shot clocks later due to dehydration

Jerry Krause 2017

"There are better athletes today. No question about it. The athletes are better fed, better trained...And it's the same in any sport. Same in baseball. Same in football."

(Jerry says the players back then knew how to play better because they stayed in college for longer)

Advertisement
The Bulls wouldn’t be constantly lobbing up and missing long 3’s that allow GS to run ape **** on their opponents.

Precisely.

And the Bulls wouldn't turn the ball over causing GSW to go on one of those crazy 20-0 runs and now you're playing outta character hoisting up a buncha 3's.

Pre-Durant, the Dubs were mostly a smoke & mirror team on offense, that's why Green begged a guy (Durant) that can get His own shot to come to GS.

When D$ threw baseball into the mix and using Scott Hatteberg my mind nearly melted. FWIW - Scott Hatteberg was a multiple sport athlete in HS.

Baseball today has astronomical exit velos and power distance, players are much faster with sprint speed never being higher...on top of sprint speed fielding catch probability and radius have never been wider...and yeah, pitchers have never thrown harder. Legitimately everything about baseball is bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic as well as more focused specialized skills as most baseball teams are using some in depth analytics.

So y are they not more durable? Not trying to debate, just want to hear your thoughts, as me and my homies r having this same discussion due to “The Last Dance” airing

Advertisement

This is from Isiah Thomas, who would literally give his left & right nut if it meant taking a dig at MJ’s GOAT status. Don’t get it twisted, these mofos still don’t like each other, except Zeke is smart w his, and does chit on the sly; MJ just don’t give af.

On what planet?

Unlike "Give & Go" Curry & "Catch & Shoot" Klay, MAR could get His own shot.

Ppl don’t remember MAR, man. Between his religious belief & I belief he had a tick as well. MAR was raw, and so was Rod Strickland. Ppl also don’t give Tim Hardaway enough credit, the God Father of the cross over. Matter of fact, Timmy H should be in the HOF, but his disparaging comments about the *** community have nixed that.

Golden State struggled with Cleveland’s physicality and rebounding. Imagine the Bulls.

Remember, Rodman would be playing 5 with Kukoc at 4.

Advertisement
this might be the stupidest thread I’ve ever seen. If you go back and watch the Celtics/Pistons ECFs and compare it to Toronto/Milwaukee last year it’s clear how much more athletic the current generation is down the depth chart. Top guys like IT and Dumars could hold up but most of the roster can’t hold up today
This, I don't think you guys are actually watching today's NBA if you think the old NBA is more athletic

Athletic freaks like Derrick Jones, Gerald Green are just role players
Then you have Zach Levine, Aaron Gordon who aren't even stars
Durant, Giannis, Lebron, Zion, AD are aliens no matter the era there's nothing you could do with this guy

Last edited:
This, I don't think you guys are actually watching today's NBA if you think the old NBA is more athletic

Athletic freaks like Derrick Jones, Gerald Green are just role players
Then you have Zach Levine, Aaron Gordon who aren't even stars
Durant, Giannis, Lebron, Zion, AD are aliens no matter the era there's nothing you could do with this guy

Derrick Jones and Green are role players b/c they aren't very good. 90s era also had freaks that weren't terribly good either.

Derrick Jones and Green are role players b/c they aren't very good. 90s era also had freaks that weren't terribly good either.

This. The Heat had plenty of guys like Harold Miner and Mark Strickland on the bench. They also had "stretch fours" like Brad Lohaus on the bench.

The guys on the court were athletic, physical and skilled.

Golden State struggled with Cleveland’s physicality and rebounding. Imagine the Bulls.

Remember, Rodman would be playing 5 with Kukoc at 4.

The 2017-2019 GSW didn't struggle with anything about Cleveland. Only team doing anything against the 2017 Warriors was the Spurs. Rockets in 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back