OT: Give me some MJ!

7 yr $18m contract though? Pip was a real soldier for yrs, and Krause treated him like street booty. That Nike money came in handy for him, for sure....but can’t imagine arguably a top 5 player in the NBA at that time making less than $3/season. My heart broke when I saw that, and I know why he signed the contract....he was thinking about his fam back in Arkansas.

I hate both Jerrys. I wish the other one would get the hizzzell out of Chicago.
I don't get why Scottie himself doesn't get more blame. Has to be a new generation thing. He always came off like a kid who never matured. You signed the deal, bud. You specifically wanted long-term security because he knew his feet and back were a mess.

His argument was he outplayed the contract and he has family to take care of? Exactly like the emotional appeals we hear these days from Leveon Bell and such. Get your **** together. Make better decisions.

And, I don't believe he was ever a Top 5 player in the NBA. That **** is make believe and now perpetuated by the Lebron squad as a way to downplay Jordan. I even recently saw a Lebronite write in Pip as a Top 25 all time player. I believe Pip was definitely a Top 10ish player in the L for a period.

Advertisement
Comparing LeBron to Jordan is like comparing 1995 Nebraska to the 2001 Canes. I mean, yeah, they were great, but come on, man. There really is no comparison.

Games are on YouTube bruh
It seems to me anyone who depends on an infographic or the hoards of LBJites who boil things down to context-less numbers like "Pippen got more rebounds" have barely watched a full basketball game.

We can jump on zoom and watch some Chi vs NYK games together and you can tell me how different the league was versus now, as well as Pippen's exaggerated greatness. Pippen was very good. Like I said, a top 10ish player during his prime. I'd compare his impact to someone like a Klay Thompson's impact. Not their games or how they played. Their impact. Instead of 3PTers, it was defense. Pipp was a point forward specifically built to complement Jordan. He was a career sub-50% FG guy and slightly over 30% 3PT. He facilitated the triangle offense and played elite defense.

Advertisement
Ha. This is perfect. An infographic written by "LBJHistory." My goodness. You had to actually watch the games.
That's what I love about it. I'm sure the guy who posted it meant it as a sort of "gotcha" to show MJ wasn't doing work, but I look at those numbers and am like ****, MJ was doing just as much work as Scottie AND he was carrying the scoring load.

The way I try to sum up Jordan to the Lebron crowd is Prime Jordan was Genghis Khan. You knew you were going to lose against him. You just knew there was nothing you could do. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Drexler, Payton, Bird, Parrish, McHale, Barkley, Ewing, Shaq, Penny, Isiah, Malone, Stockton -- all timers -- all on the hit list.

Lebron is a force of nature. He could play any position on the court and automatically be Top 3 at the position in the league. But ain't nobody ever really been fearful of the guy. He's always been beatable in the minds of his opponents.

Last edited:
It seems to me anyone who depends on an infographic or the hoards of LBJites who boil things down to context-less numbers like "Pippen got more rebounds" have barely watched a full basketball game.
But the same logic goes the other way..ppl act like what Scottie was doin wasn’t just as important when it comes to the 6-0...there’s no 6-0 without what Scottie was doing..that’s just a fact..I’ve watched all of Jordan’s finals and there’s no basketball talent who can say is better than MJ..I’ve watched Lebron and have come to conclusion there’s no singular basketball talent that I can put above what he brings to the table..all the other **** is just preferences too me..they are both the two goats. If seen too many players who played against Mj offer that same sediment about Lebron..the whole Mj is in another realm logic comes from ppl stuck on that nostalgia...and 20 years from now there’s gonna some ppl in they 40s capping for Lebron the same way when the next player comes up

Advertisement
But the same logic goes the other way..ppl act like what Scottie was doin wasn’t just as important when it comes to the 6-0...there’s no 6-0 without what Scottie was doing..that’s just a fact..I’ve watched all of Jordan’s finals and there’s no basketball talent who can say is better than MJ..I’ve watched Lebron and have come to conclusion there’s no singular basketball talent that I can put above what he brings to the table..all the other **** is just preferences too me..they are both the two goats. If seen too many players who played against Mj offer that same sediment about Lebron..the whole Mj is in another realm logic comes from ppl stuck on that nostalgia...and 20 years from now there’s gonna some ppl in they 40s capping for Lebron the same way when the next player comes up
Nah, I don't think anyone who actually watched would call what Scottie did unimportant. Of course there isn't 6-0 without Scottie. He was a Top 10 player back then just like Kyrie and Wade/Bosh were for Lebron. Lebron wouldn't have a single championship without Wade, Bosh and Kyrie. That's how it works in team sports - not matter your individual greatness. I give Lebron a ton of credit. I consider him one of the top 3 players of all time and he's still playing.

The distinction between MJ and Lebron lies in their obsession to compete at every single second. It's not to say Lebron isn't a competitor. It's just to say that's where MJ is "in another realm." And, as I've said elsewhere, it was just a different type of basketball game back then, so comparing numbers is odd. I'm not a huge fan of cross-era comparisons when it comes to numbers.

Advertisement
Nah, I don't think anyone who actually watched would call what Scottie did unimportant. Of course there isn't 6-0 without Scottie. He was a Top 10 player back then just like Kyrie and Wade/Bosh were for Lebron. Lebron wouldn't have a single championship without Wade, Bosh and Kyrie. That's how it works in team sports - not matter your individual greatness. I give Lebron a ton of credit. I consider him one of the top 3 players of all time and he's still playing.

The distinction between MJ and Lebron lies in their obsession to compete at every single second. It's not to say Lebron isn't a competitor. It's just to say that's where MJ is "in another realm." And, as I've said elsewhere, it was just a different type of basketball game back then, so comparing numbers is odd. I'm not a huge fan of cross-era comparisons when it comes to numbers.
I’m not even one to compare based on numbers. That competitive **** is all on the grounds of 6-0 bruh. Jordan was supremely talented. The best of his era no question. He did things on the wing that never was seen before. He was so far ahead of his era from that pointz

How can LBJ be the GOAT with some of his disappearing acts in big games? It's one thing to be talented, and it's another thing to be the GOAT. Again, LBJ's downs are bum-type. Catastrophic collapses in championship games is not the makings of a GOAT. Not to mention the tap-out moments he's had. How can anyone with a straight face call LBJ the GOAT? Lebron is skilled. Probably most skilled ever, but that don't get you the GOAT title. If that's the case, then Brady isn't a GOAT. What's his talent? Arm strength? Nope. Running ability? Nope. Accuracy? Smart? Hard-worker? etc.

I'll put it to y'all like this... had Jordan been playing with the Heat instead of Lebron, it's very likely the Heat's Big 3 would've won all 4 titles, not just 2.

Sorry Lebron advocates, but seems to me that LBJ is closer to Kobe (for #2) in the rankings, than he is to MJ.

Advertisement
How can LBJ be the GOAT with some of his disappearing acts in big games? It's one thing to be talented, and it's another thing to be the GOAT. Again, LBJ's downs are bum-type. Catastrophic collapses in championship games is not the makings of a GOAT. Not to mention the tap-out moments he's had. How can anyone with a straight face call LBJ the GOAT? Lebron is skilled. Probably most skilled ever, but that don't get you the GOAT title. If that's the case, then Brady isn't a GOAT. What's his talent? Arm strength? Nope. Running ability? Nope. Accuracy? Smart? Hard-worker? etc.

I'll put it to y'all like this... had Jordan been playing with the Heat instead of Lebron, it's very likely the Heat's Big 3 would've won all 4 titles, not just 2.

Sorry Lebron advocates, but seems to me that LBJ is closer to Kobe (for #2) in the rankings, than he is to MJ.
17 ppg in the 2011 Finals. Had bums like DeShawn Stevenson talking smack to him.

smh. Embarrassing as a Heat fan. Happy he snapped back and got us 2 straight after.

Lol and if Scottie pippen has bum *** knees..would that not effected mjs championship legacy..when Jordan shot 9-30 in a elimination game..do y’all remember that..in the close out game for the Sonics when MJ struggled but the bulls 2nd unit led by Scottie went on that run to close it out in game 6? Y’all forget that but bring up two games in which Lebron didn’t show up In 2011 and Dwade had key turnovers in the same games down the stretch..or Ray Allen “saving his legacy” ..and then Kobe is not better then Lebron..and once again Kobe is my guy. Have all the jerseys but I can admit my guy was not as good as Lebron..if you prefer Jordan that cool. But you don’t have to **** on The other greats to prop him up

17 ppg in the 2011 Finals. Had bums like DeShawn Stevenson talking smack to him.

smh. Embarrassing as a Heat fan. Happy he snapped back and got us 2 straight after.
17 7-7 on 48 percent short..in key moments in games it wasn’t just Lebron ******* up..spo with the lineups and rotations were more then questionable. Spo being stubborn to always play PG lineups when both PGs chalmers and Bibby were not bringing anything that series..wade had key turnovers down the stretch of game 5..and Lebron for whatever reason shots and touches went down..too me that’s the only stain on n his resume

Lol and if Scottie pippen has bum *** knees..would that not effected mjs championship legacy..when Jordan shot 9-30 in a elimination game..do y’all remember that..in the close out game for the Sonics when MJ struggled but the bulls 2nd unit led by Scottie went on that run to close it out in game 6? Y’all forget that but bring up two games in which Lebron didn’t show up In 2011 and Dwade had key turnovers in the same games down the stretch..or Ray Allen “saving his legacy” ..and then Kobe is not better then Lebron..and once again Kobe is my guy. Have all the jerseys but I can admit my guy was not as good as Lebron..if you prefer Jordan that cool. But you don’t have to **** on The other greats to prop him up

I'm not s***** on Lebron. I just think he's closer to Kobe, than he is to Jordan. I do think when Lebron's career is over, he will solidify himself as 2nd best to ever do it. But right now, Kobe can make a case for #2.

Advertisement
Back