OT: Give me some MJ!

Right, I would put the 90’s bulls up against anyone and at anytime. ****, I would throw in the 80’s Lakers and Celtics, the late 89’s pistons and Nicks at anyone they got today. The little sissies today wouldn’t want to get on the court with Bill Cartwright, Patrick Ewing, Rick Mahorn, Robert Parrish, or Bill Lambier.

It's was debated today on 1st Take that back in the day, it was a man's game. The guys had skill, but you also had to be tough as nails, as well, to play in yesterday's NBA.

Advertisement
Yeah, that's it. I stopped paying attention to the Bulls games and your evidence is a collection of high level, basic comments about what happened - repeated a million times by people who never actually watched the games. You express yourself and reason like an LBJ-obsessed teenager on Instagram, so it makes this a chore. No thanks. Like I said, you're welcome to your opinions. G'luck.
And your welcome to yours, good luck

I don’t remember a eastern conference game 5 vs in Ind where Lebron went 2-10 while pg put up 37..it definitely wasn’t 2013. I’ll put down any money and say that game y’all speaking of never happened lol, which furthers my point ....and Hold up bruh..I never said MJ wasn’t the GOAT.? If you say MJ over Lebron I’ve got no issues. But why bring up bad games in the Lebrons career to justify it as if Jordan Don’t have 5-19 in a NBA finals close out game and his team went on a run to close it out with Jordan on the bench during it..or 6-19 in a finals game from the same series ..or act like Orlando didn’t happen when Jordan absolutely had bad moments in that series..Lebron played and played through the 24 hour sports show era. Where a **** like skip bayless can get up with platform on a weekly basis and bring up 2011 and how Ray Allen saved Lebrons legacy. Every. ****. Week...Literally a handful of games ppl point out in a 17 year career...if you watch Jordan’s games and research you can find similar arguments..but for me I know what I saw from MJ and understand what I’m seeing from Lebron. They are the 2 goats. When Lebrons done there will be no denying his resume and impact.

I can assure you that during the 2013-14 season, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Finals, Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers, Paul George put up 37 points, while Lebron finished with 7 points. Don't believe me, go check ( https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400558918 ). In 2010-2011 NBA Finals, Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks Game 4, he let JJ Barea limit him to 8 points. It's just a couple of the many tap-out moments Lebron has had in his career. Only reason I mention this is because he had way too many of them in big moments to be considered the Greatest Player of All Time. Whether it was youth, inexperience or just a lack of mental fortitude, too many times Lebron didn't show up in big moments throughout his otherwise fantastic career. That's what in my eyes keeps him from being the GOAT. Top 2 or 3, yes, but definitely not the best I've ever seen.

Last edited:
I showed my little relative who’s a big LBJ fan this article since he never saw MJ play (but rocks the **** outta his shoes), and gave him the reason why the majority of basketball fans see him as The GOAT. Dude was astonished.

Been saying this for the longest, when it comes to basketball, this is the only time jordan and lebron's name should be brought up in the same sentence, just to let people know that it shouldn't be in the same sentence. In fact even before the situation happened with KOBE, I kept saying why they keep disrespecting and skipping over KOBE, lebron is not better than HIM, or a healthy d-wade let the Truth be told!

One of my favorite d-wade plays,:

dee-bo'ed em, and if anybody know basketball jason kidd, KOBE consistently had problems trying to post up kidd!

And this one:

These 2 highlights alone top pretty much all of lbj's travel lights!

I can assure you that during the 2013-14 season, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Finals, Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers, Paul George put up 37 points, while Lebron finished with 7 points. Don't believe me, go check ( https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400558918 ). In 2010-2011 NBA Finals, Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks Game 4, he let JJ Barea limit him to 8 points. It's just a couple of the many tap-out moments Lebron has had in his career. Only reason I mention this is because he had way too many of them in big moments to be considered the Greatest Player of All Time. Whether it was youth, inexperience or just a lack of mental fortitude, too many times Lebron didn't show up in big moments throughout his otherwise fantastic career. That's what in my eyes keeps him from being the GOAT. Top 2 or 3, yes, but definitely not the best I've ever seen.
U right that’s the game he fouled out in. My b

Advertisement
I don’t remember a eastern conference game 5 vs in Ind where Lebron went 2-10 while pg put up 37..it definitely wasn’t 2013. I’ll put down any money and say that game y’all speaking of never happened lol, which furthers my point ....and Hold up bruh..I never said MJ wasn’t the GOAT.? If you say MJ over Lebron I’ve got no issues. But why bring up bad games in the Lebrons career to justify it as if Jordan Don’t have 5-19 in a NBA finals close out game and his team went on a run to close it out with Jordan on the bench during it..or 6-19 in a finals game from the same series ..or act like Orlando didn’t happen when Jordan absolutely had bad moments in that series..Lebron played and played through the 24 hour sports show era. Where a **** like skip bayless can get up with platform on a weekly basis and bring up 2011 and how Ray Allen saved Lebrons legacy. Every. ****. Week...Literally a handful of games ppl point out in a 17 year career...if you watch Jordan’s games and research you can find similar arguments..but for me I know what I saw from MJ and understand what I’m seeing from Lebron. They are the 2 goats. When Lebrons done there will be no denying his resume and impact.

This is my question and I’m a Lebron fan I just don’t believe he’s the Goat.

Besides the longevity and the stats what is Lebrons impact on the game of basketball?

He hasn’t changed anything about how the game is played.

Beside piling up stats he hasn’t dont anything that no one else hasn’t done before.

Steph curry has had a bigger impact impact on the league than LeBron as he and warriors (for better or for worst) have changed the way the game is played and how teams are built in the nba.

And this what ppl don’t realize to carry the mantle of “Goat” you need to do something that is insanely extraordinary any a level that hasn’t been done before.

It’s bigger than stats because apart of the GOAT is fable and legend.

Unfortunately as with many things we’ve watered down our standards.

Advertisement
Say Goodnight LeFlop.....
93709803_1176729545998146_5378187039080448000_o.jpg

This is my question and I’m a Lebron fan I just don’t believe he’s the Goat.

Besides the longevity and the stats what is Lebrons impact on the game of basketball?

He hasn’t changed anything about how the game is played.

Beside piling up stats he hasn’t dont anything that no one else hasn’t done before.

Steph curry has had a bigger impact impact on the league than LeBron as he and warriors (for better or for worst) have changed the way the game is played and how teams are built in the nba.
His impact is Luka, Giannis, KD..the 6’9 plus ball handlers you see now. The direction your seeing the game going is size/skill/versatility..impact is in player movement and how these players approach their relationships with front offices..I get what your saying with steph but the game was moving in the direction of small ball, pacing and player movement before the warriors were title contenders (2014 spurs for instance) the warriors with steph and klay took it to another level. Mike dantoni been tryna win a title with that formula since Steve Nash and the suns..but steph and klay did on steroids..I mean leading a nba finals in every statistical category is something nobody did before Lebron..his consistency and longevity is something we’ve never seen before..if Mj hadn’t retired twice you could’ve said the same IMO..but lebrons style of play is something the league has never seen 6’8 250 can average 30 but his best attribute is passing.

If Jordan didn’t leave the NBA, I expect the Bulls would have won 8 titles in a row. His Bulls routinely dismantled the Knicks year in and year out, the same Knicks that took the Rockets to 7 in ‘94.

Then in ‘95 Jordan did come back, but he missed most of the year and wasn’t in basketball condition. That’s not to take away from the Orlando Magic, who knocked the Bulls out, but I think Jordan and the Bulls win that series and the title if Jordan didn’t just return from an 18 month absence. Worst case, they would have won 7 of 8 titles, but I see a clean 8 in a row.

Meanwhile LeBron is 3-5 or whatever in the same 8 Finals timeframe. Laughable.

If Jordan didn’t leave the NBA, I expect the Bulls would have won 8 titles in a row. His Bulls routinely dismantled the Knicks year in and year out, the same Knicks that took the Rockets to 7 in ‘94.

Then in ‘95 Jordan did come back, but he missed most of the year and wasn’t in basketball condition. That’s not to take away from the Orlando Magic, who knocked the Bulls out, but I think Jordan and the Bulls win that series and the title if Jordan didn’t just return from an 18 month absence. Worst case, they would have won 7 of 8 titles, but I see a clean 8 in a row.

I'm a magic fan and even I know Jordan would have won that series if he had played all year.

Advertisement

ROFL "It's just a couple of the many tap-out moments Lebron has had in his career. Only reason I mention this is because he had way too"!

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this, and bruh I'm glad you brought up jj barera, even though he from the crib, in that same Dallas series, when he got jj barera in the post one on one, and he passed the ba out, if I wasn't thru before, I definitely was after that.

I showed my little relative who’s a big LBJ fan this article since he never saw MJ play (but rocks the **** outta his shoes), and gave him the reason why the majority of basketball fans see him as The GOAT. Dude was astonished.

Also, I meant to say, and really, the only stat that needs to be displayed to end all the non-sense is with this question I ask people like shay sharpe all the time, how can anybody be considered among the Best, and average 2 points in the 4th quarter, of the NBA finals the whole series, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE! I can promise you had I played in that finals game and I was the go to guy, I would've averaged at least 3 points in the 4th quarter, and that's coming off the streets, cause I would've definitely been hoisting up 3's. In my lifetime I done played against pro and college b-ball players, so I know what I'm talking bout, lbj was scared. Now lbj as a person, luv that brotha, as a b-ball player, I'm going with mj, KOBE and Wade every day of the week!

Advertisement

Swept Orlando the following year and made it personal in the ECF. MJ was embarrassed that prior series; he definitely was not in b-ball shape. Shaq said"we just played against the real Superman" after that series. No doubt in my mind that Bulls team as constructed wins 8 in a row.

Swept Orlando the following year and made it personal in the ECF. MJ was embarrassed that prior series; he definitely was not in b-ball shape. Shaq said"we just played against the real Superman" after that series. No doubt in my mind that Bulls team as constructed wins 8 in a row.
Pippen had a migraine and didn’t play game 7 against pistons year before their first ring. After that every year Pippen was an all star. They won a ring. Pippen is the only all star mj ever played with and Pippen got double teamed. The burden he had on him was ridiculous. Also pippen and mj terrorized teams as they tried to bring the ball to half court

Advertisement
Back