OT - Game of Thrones S8

Catching up on the comments I do find it funny how mad/argumentative people get at each other's opinions.

Also, I was pumped to finally see the dragon truly unleashed.

Lastly, if you haven't been to Dubrovnik (or Croatia in general), definitely try to go there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The other Clegane is a mutant at this point no way to really kill him regularly.

So would you have preferred Arya die trying to find Cersei

Tyrion was good when he didn’t worry about emotions. He has become very emotional

Jamie has always been Cersei’s bich. I think it would have lamer if his character continued the good guy thing. You can’t do the chit he did and win in the end

I agree On Euron fleet, I feel it Was destroyed way too easy
Did Tyrion start sucking as an advisor when he quit drinking?

i don't think anyone saying her act of going loco was poor writing. how she got there might not have been developed that well. that being said it was some of the other aspects of that episode that bothered me more, like aryas long journey evading falling rocks and that lone dragon easily able to evade those weapons when the other two were so easily killed.

Viserion was killed by a single spear thrown by the Night King. I don't think that anyone anticipated that one single shot would kill a dragon like that, nor that Viserion would be brought back to life.

As for Rhaegal, again, there was an element of surprise. Some people can complain about the location of Euron's ships, and whether they should have been spotted earlier, but they also did not know that the "scorpions" had been mass-produced and mounted on ships and fortress walls. If you looked at it, Rhaegal was hit multiple times successively, and didn't really have a chance to evade the shots. Furthermore, Rhaegal was already injured from The Battle of Winterfell and Rhaegal did not have a rider (as Drogon did with Dany).

Finally, with Dany riding Drogon at King's Landing, they were completely prepared and aware of the "scorpions", so the outcome was much different. I'm not sure why any of this is so shocking, it is very clear in the show and the books that humans were (eventually) able to defeat and tame the dragons in the past.

Just because "casual fans" think the dragons are supposed to be unstoppable does not make it so.

-Can't seem to find a lot of foreshadowing for the Clegane Bowl to end in a double count out.

-Tyrion goes from being the smartest dude in the room, to probably the worst and most ineffectual adviser ever.

-7 years of Jamie going through a redemption arc ends in him wanting run back to Cersei, who gets a sad death.

-Arya goes from wanting to get revenge to being all, "nah I'll get all the way here and just leave without avenging my family."

-In one week, Euron and the Iron fleet went from the most formidable opponent to a dragon led army to decimated in 4.3 seconds.

-Game of Thrones is the new Dexter.
The Tyrion one is probably the most upsetting.

-Can't seem to find a lot of foreshadowing for the Clegane Bowl to end in a double count out.

-Tyrion goes from being the smartest dude in the room, to probably the worst and most ineffectual adviser ever.

-7 years of Jamie going through a redemption arc ends in him wanting run back to Cersei, who gets a sad death.

-Arya goes from wanting to get revenge to being all, "nah I'll get all the way here and just leave without avenging my family."

-In one week, Euron and the Iron fleet went from the most formidable opponent to a dragon led army to decimated in 4.3 seconds.

One more thing to add. Where was that atomic bomb of dragon fire when they had two dragons and the weights were attacking winterfell? Let’s not use our fire advantage vs already dead people who only die from fire then turn around and massacre a city full of innocent people using your dragon.

Advertisement

I didn't mind the Arya thing - she wants to live.

The worst thing they did with Jaime is have him pity **** Brienne. Running back to Cersei wasn't where I thought they were taking the character, but it's not OUT of character. It's just an odd way to end his redemption arc I agree. I always thought he was going to kill Cersei and die in the process. That would have been a fitting end.

The other Clegane is a mutant at this point no way to really kill him regularly.

So would you have preferred Arya die trying to find Cersei

Tyrion was good when he didn’t worry about emotions. He has become very emotional

Jamie has always been Cersei’s bich. I think it would have lamer if his character continued the good guy thing. You can’t do the chit he did and win in the end

I agree On Euron fleet, I feel it Was destroyed way too easy

The show became somewhat predictable this season is my big complaint. Usually kept you on your toes and everyone could see dany going crazy from the beginning of this season. Third episode was impressive but if I had to guess jon or Arya will kill dany next episode and Jon will be the king.

Catching up on the comments I do find it funny how mad/argumentative people get at each other's opinions.

Also, I was pumped to finally see the dragon truly unleashed and I'd like one as a pet.

Lastly, if you haven't been to Dubrovnik (or Croatia in general), definitely try to go there.
Definitely was cool watching Drogon go ham

I didn't mind the Arya thing - she wants to live.

The worst thing they did with Jaime is have him pity **** Brienne. Running back to Cersei wasn't where I thought they were taking the character, but it's not OUT of character. It's just an odd way to end his redemption arc I agree. I always thought he was going to kill Cersei and die in the process. That would have been a fitting end.

Brienne pity **** lol. Yea just let tormund take that vCard if your going back to Cersei. All the blood must have freaked him out, which is kinda ironic.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The show became somewhat predictable this season is my big complaint. Usually kept you on your toes and everyone could see dany going crazy from the beginning of this season. Third episode was impressive but if I had to guess jon or Arya will kill dany next episode and Jon will be the king.

Someone needs to do it. I don't care if it’s grey worm lol, she has lost her chit

I can’t buy the “foreshadowing Dany as going mad queen angle from long ago.” I don’t care that we got this point. But I care how we got to this point. This is a character that overwhelmingly went out of her way to spare the downtrodden. Yes she burned ppl and places but go back every single one of those acts was in retaliation/self defense. (Aside from the burning of the tarlys). So now all of sudden she is full blown mad-queen and doesn’t care about the ppl she is trying to rule?

I find it disappointing how forced and fake it feels. Just compare her progression to that of Jamie Lannister and Sansa’s characters that have done 180s you see them develop into those ppl they are on the show and it was done masterfully and each of those was primarily done over the course of one season. this was just sloppy, I get that they are rushed but idk.

And what’s with Varys all of a sudden forgetting how to play the game? Dude has stayed alive all these years only to get caught up by the lease cunning ppl he’s ever been around.

Advertisement
It would’ve been corny for Cersei to die by fire, the same way thousands also died in the episode. What’s intriguing is how connected and romanticized the writers were with handling Cersei, they really liked her to have her die in the arms of her love and with her child hugging. She actually had an honorable death for such a villain.

Dany rode all the way out for Missandei, her last wish/words were prophetic.

I enjoyed the episode.

The white horse waiting for Arya indicates unfinished business with Dany.

The criticism of the show while mostly justifiable and warranted is only a reflection of how great the show is. It’s like Michael Jordan after going 6-0 in Finals getting to a hypothetical 7th Finals, missing the game winner at the buzzer and fans saying he sucks for doing so. The type of criticism this show receives, serves to prove its greatness. There’s a compliment within every complaint.

Advertisement
I can’t buy the “foreshadowing Dany as going mad queen angle from long ago.” I don’t care that we got this point. But I care how we got to this point. This is a character that overwhelmingly went out of her way to spare the downtrodden. Yes she burned ppl and places but go back every single one of those acts was in retaliation/self defense. (Aside from the burning of the tarlys). So now all of sudden she is full blown mad-queen and doesn’t care about the ppl she is trying to rule?

I find it disappointing how forced and fake it feels. Just compare her progression to that of Jamie Lannister and Sansa’s characters that have done 180s you see them develop into those ppl they are on the show and it was done masterfully and each of those was primarily done over the course of one season. this was just sloppy, I get that they are rushed but idk.

And what’s with Varys all of a sudden forgetting how to play the game? Dude has stayed alive all these years only to get caught up by the lease cunning ppl he’s ever been around.
I would say Varys is underrated the most unbelievable part of the entire deal. You’re exactly right.

I don’t completely agree with what you’re saying about Dany but only because I’m interpreting a bit differently I think.

Still an episode to go with her. But yeah Varys? Insane really. Dude made it this far by being smarter than everyone else.

Advertisement
Back