OT - Game of Thrones S8

At this point, the consensus is that the writing is poor and the execution of what they are even trying to do, has been rushed and poor as well. If you feel otherwise, you're just in the minority at this point. Thats not to say you are wrong...but, these eyes see it much differently.

I don't give a ****e about consensus, there is no shortage of stupid people in the world.

And your eyes are about as good as Oberyn Martell's.

Stop watching. Nobody will care if you do.

Advertisement
Lmao that dude will be dead soon
https://www.theverge.com/2014/7/9/5...ays-****-you-to-people-questioning-his-health

"I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health," said Martin, 65, in an interview with Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger. "So **** you to those people."

(this was 5 years ago)

To me Jon was meant for that throne hes the one character that reminds me of Ned, super honorable and always trying to do the right thing and not for any political gain its just who he is.

Love his character but I think we're gonna end up seeing Bran or Gendry etc. on the throne. I think Jon will go live with the wildings up at castle black.

Advertisement
HBO offered them 10 episodes (it's a huge cash cow for them). The idiot producers said they could do it in 6.

Exactly. HBO would renew the show for 10 more 10-episode seasons if they could.

The actors are ready to go. Imagine what the "fans" would be saying right now if Weiss/Benioff had to write Jon Snow out of the show because he took another TV series (such as what happened with Lauren Cohan on Walking Dead).

This season showed how much the books are missed.

The first 3 book are my favorite things I have ever read. Books 4 and 5 were mediocre and would have made for boring television. I thought season 6 was great on the show and it didn't rely on the books. Only issue I have is the shortened seasons.
An analogy for me is the show has gone from an Oscar worthy movie to a Summer blockbuster the past two seasons.

I thought last nights episode was great. My only complaint with this season and last to a lesser degree is that things have felt rushed but they've had 7 less episodes to work with, so not a shock.

This has always been where Dany's story has been going, ppl just haven't been paying attention. I don't think this betrays Jamie's development at all. Its not like he killed a bunch of babies gettin back to Cersei. He made a decision to be with the woman he's always loved. What would have felt disingenuous to his character would be if he heard Cersei was going to die and decided to just say **** it and live happilly ever after with Brienne.

I don't have any problems with the story telling choices being made. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the major developments are in line with what GRRM has planned so not sure why D&D seem to be getting all the backlash.

I think the acting, directing etc has all been top notch. Ppl just had certain ideas about where they thought this was going and are in their feelings bc it's not playing out that way. Most ppl I've talked to in person have enjoyed the new season. Seems the ppl who continue to watch a show they don't like are the much more vocal crowd online.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They’ve been planting that seed for a while that Dany was going to go ape ****, since season 1! Every person that betrayed her had a bad death! The plot devices with Arya didn’t make any sense but the shear destruction and cinematography was flawless! She became Targaryn and can’t for the next book to release, if it ever does!

They’ve been planting that seed for a while that Dany was going to go ape ****, since season 1! Every person that betrayed her had a bad death! The plot devices with Arya didn’t make any sense but the shear destruction and cinematography was flawless! She became Targaryn and can’t for the next book to release, if it ever does!

We knew it was something she could possibly do but the point at which she decided to do that just didn't make any sense at all. They basically just said she's a Targaryn, they crazy. Seemed very lazy to me. They could have had the second dragon die during that battle last night or something not go her way during that battle and then in her rage she burned down the city. But the ***** had won already and they just said **** it. Having her kill only soldiers until after they had won and then just flip out for no reason was just writers forcing a narrative with no reasoning at all.

Advertisement
Exactly. HBO would renew the show for 10 more 10-episode seasons if they could.

The actors are ready to go. Imagine what the "fans" would be saying right now if Weiss/Benioff had to write Jon Snow out of the show because he took another TV series (such as what happened with Lauren Cohan on Walking Dead).
The most expensive extra in TV history? I mean he wouldn't be missed with how they've treated him...

The first 3 book are my favorite things I have ever read. Books 4 and 5 were mediocre and would have made for boring television. I thought season 6 was great on the show and it didn't rely on the books. Only issue I have is the shortened seasons.
An analogy for me is the show has gone from an Oscar worthy movie to a Summer blockbuster the past two seasons.
Liked last night’s episode a lot but hbo has definitely sold out to the causal fan the last 2 seasons

Love his character but I think we're gonna end up seeing Bran or Gendry etc. on the throne. I think Jon will go live with the wildings up at castle black.
Its possible hes like Ned so u may be right, may be to heart broken. Or it could be Sansa but I think maybe he will take it cause no one out there is capable

Advertisement
We knew it was something she could possibly do but the point at which she decided to do that just didn't make any sense at all. They basically just said she's a Targaryn, they crazy. Seemed very lazy to me. They could have had the second dragon die during that battle last night or something not go her way during that battle and then in her rage she burned down the city. But the ***** had won already and they just said **** it. Having her kill only soldiers until after they had won and then just flip out for no reason was just writers forcing a narrative with no reasoning at all.

It’s not lazy it was shown in one episode in like season two

Attachments

• 715C5B58-CE1A-4AF8-877B-17C04B469305.jpeg
    715C5B58-CE1A-4AF8-877B-17C04B469305.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I thought last nights episode was great. My only complaint with this season and last to a lesser degree is that things have felt rushed but they've had 7 less episodes to work with, so not a shock.

This has always been where Dany's story has been going, ppl just haven't been paying attention. I don't think this betrays Jamie's development at all. Its not like he killed a bunch of babies gettin back to Cersei. He made a decision to be with the woman he's always loved. What would have felt disingenuous to his character would be if he heard Cersei was going to die and decided to just say **** it and live happilly ever after with Brienne.

I don't have any problems with the story telling choices being made. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the major developments are in line with what GRRM has planned so not sure why D&D seem to be getting all the backlash.

I think the acting, directing etc has all been top notch. Ppl just had certain ideas about where they thought this was going and are in their feelings bc it's not playing out that way. Most ppl I've talked to in person have enjoyed the new season. Seems the ppl who continue to watch a show they don't like are the much more vocal crowd online.

I was having a discussion with a friend earlier and she was upset because Dany had changed from someone who freed slaves to someone who burned innocent people alive "all of the sudden". The truth is, Daenarys has always been irrational and emotional. She's been making hasty decisions based solely on her particular feelings at that moment since the series began. There was always a more rational person to talk her out of emotional decisions previously but Jorah is dead, Missandei is dead and she lost all respect for Tyrion after he told Varys about Jon's birthright. She responded to Cersei's brash killing of Missandei the same way she responded to everything throughout the show, by throwing a temper tantrum.

Also, you can count me among those who hasn't been crazy about this season but episode 5 was great.

It’s not lazy it was shown in one episode in like season two

I'm not arguing against having her do that. The signs were there. I'm saying it didn't make sense as to why she did it at that point in time. If she had come out burning everything at the start ok, I can see that. But having her only kill soldiers and then after she's won just snap for no reason was lazy. If they would have waited and had Euron kill the second dragon during that battle, it would have made more sense or even just having her burning everything and everyone from the beginning the battle. How do they explain her being in control the entire time up until when she's won the battle and the bells are ringing?

Advertisement
Back