OT - Game of Thrones S8

I'm not arguing against having her do that. The signs were there. I'm saying it didn't make sense as to why she did it at that point in time. If she had come out burning everything at the start ok, I can see that. But having her only kill soldiers and then after she's won just snap for no reason was lazy. If they would have waited and had Euron kill the second dragon during that battle, it would have made more sense or even just having her burning everything and everyone from the beginning the battle. How do they explain her being in control the entire time up until when she's won the battle and the bells are ringing?

Exactly

Dany going crazy has been hinted at so many times, the execution is just terrible and lazy

But thats what you get with a 6 episode season

Advertisement
I'm not arguing against having her do that. The signs were there. I'm saying it didn't make sense as to why she did it at that point in time. If she had come out burning everything at the start ok, I can see that. But having her only kill soldiers and then after she's won just snap for no reason was lazy. If they would have waited and had Euron kill the second dragon during that battle, it would have made more sense or even just having her burning everything and everyone from the beginning the battle. How do they explain her being in control the entire time up until when she's won the battle and the bells are ringing?

The red keep was built by her family which had everything taken from them. She saw the red keep and flipped. Everyone likes Jon more than her, Jon doesn’t want to be with her, Dragons are dead, best friend killed. All that emotion boiled over but if you don’t see it than I cant convince so, oh well

Advertisement

This is just silly.

What ****ed her off was the concept that, by ringing the bell, suddenly everyone (Cersei in particular) were going to get off easy. And as someone else mentioned, the Red Keep was built by her family and was now protecting the Lannisters. She got upset by the fact that Cersei had been given an offer for peace, Cersei killed Missandei, and now Cersei was going to have her life spared with the ringing of a bell.

People act as if Dany snapping was some poorly written leap, but she was simply honoring what Missandei told her to do.

Dracarys.

It was all right there in the writing of the prior episode. People may be mad that they didn't pick up on it, but it's nearly impossible to miss. This wasn't poor writing, it was right there on the page last week.

SJW power trip? Some of y’all incels have a weird fear of women.

I don’t think it’s even that deep: Daenerys was ALWAYS that HOT crazy chick - the one with … “tricks” … but can’t get the keys to your house. Whether it was the killing of the witch that hatched the dragons, Mereen, Astipor, her purchase of the unsullied, killing the khals, the Tarleys, Varys … she’s actually been consistent whenever it was time to use violence. Unemotional. Her only remorse, if you want to call it that, was when the people turned on her for executing the slave. Jorah is the only one who ever really got any mercy from Daenerys.

SJW power trip? Some of y’all incels have a weird fear of women.

I don’t think it’s even that deep: Daenerys was ALWAYS that HOT crazy chick - the one with … “tricks” … but can’t get the keys to your house. Whether it was the killing of the witch that hatched the dragons, Mereen, Astipor, her purchase of the unsullied, killing the khals, the Tarleys, Varys … she’s actually been consistent whenever it was time to use violence. Unemotional. Her only remorse, if you want to call it that, was when the people turned on her for executing the slave. Jorah is the only one who ever really got any mercy from Daenerys.
She can have the keys to my house any time.

If Dany could bring down KL with one freakin' dragon why did she **** around with building an army when she had THREE dragons?

I'm bustin' balls more than anything, I loved the show, I'm more disappointed it's fallen off so much at this point...IMO.

Advertisement
I saw that, that's one of the scenes I'm talking about. They just didn't build it up enough for me. Also, having her burn everyone after the bells were ringing seemed forced as well because of the lack of time they spent building up her going crazy. It was there but not enough was shown to support what she ended up doing. Everything was in her favor at that moment that she decided **** it, I'm burning them all. She had already won but still something triggered her but it wasn't obvious at all other than the writers just wanting her to be the bad guy. **** they even made Cersei look human at the end in comparison with all the ****ed up **** she's done.
She has lost everyone she truly trusted council from. Missandi was the last straw after Jorah. She used to listen to Tyrion but she feels he betrayed her so the bells meant nothing to her as she thought it could be a set up in itself. That whole situation was crazy because she was burning everything including her own people. A struggle of power will take over the best of ppl. I’ve seen it for myself.

Wanna see how they end this season before making any real review. I just hate how rushed everything feels

This is just silly.

What ****ed her off was the concept that, by ringing the bell, suddenly everyone (Cersei in particular) were going to get off easy. And as someone else mentioned, the Red Keep was built by her family and was now protecting the Lannisters. She got upset by the fact that Cersei had been given an offer for peace, Cersei killed Missandei, and now Cersei was going to have her life spared with the ringing of a bell.

People act as if Dany snapping was some poorly written leap, but she was simply honoring what Missandei told her to do.

Dracarys.

It was all right there in the writing of the prior episode. People may be mad that they didn't pick up on it, but it's nearly impossible to miss. This wasn't poor writing, it was right there on the page last week.
i don't think anyone saying her act of going loco was poor writing. how she got there might not have been developed that well. that being said it was some of the other aspects of that episode that bothered me more, like aryas long journey evading falling rocks and that lone dragon easily able to evade those weapons when the other two were so easily killed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ve seen some that were partly right so far but I haven’t seen any that were 100% accurate...not sure I’d want too.

Go check reddit. There are many leaks before the season started that are spot on. If you compiled all the leaks and consolidated them, close to 100% of the stuff was confirmed.

Advertisement
I think the "only 6 episodes" excuse is lazy at this point. With the longer run times, it's basically at least a 7 episode season, and they wasted the first two episodes of this season with reunions and touchy feel good moments. There could have been a lot more plot development in those.

Yes, of course 10 would still be better as it gives them even more time, but i still think this was enough time if done properly.

-Can't seem to find a lot of foreshadowing for the Clegane Bowl to end in a double count out.

-Tyrion goes from being the smartest dude in the room, to probably the worst and most ineffectual adviser ever.

-7 years of Jamie going through a redemption arc ends in him wanting run back to Cersei, who gets a sad death.

-Arya goes from wanting to get revenge to being all, "nah I'll get all the way here and just leave without avenging my family."

-In one week, Euron and the Iron fleet went from the most formidable opponent to a dragon led army to decimated in 4.3 seconds.

-Game of Thrones is the new Dexter.

Last edited:
-Can't seem to find a lot of foreshadowing for the Clegane Bowl to end in a double count out.

-Tyrion goes from being the smartest dude in the room, to probably the worst and most ineffectual adviser ever.

-7 years of Jamie going through a redemption arc ends in him wanting run back to Cersei, who gets a sad death.

-Arya goes from wanting to get revenge to being all, "nah I'll get all the way here and just leave without avenging my family."

-In one week, Euron and the Iron fleet went from the most formidable opponent to a dragon led army to decimated in 4.3 seconds.

-Game of Thrones is the new Dexter.

The other Clegane is a mutant at this point no way to really kill him regularly.

So would you have preferred Arya die trying to find Cersei

Tyrion was good when he didn’t worry about emotions. He has become very emotional

Jamie has always been Cersei’s bich. I think it would have lamer if his character continued the good guy thing. You can’t do the chit he did and win in the end

I agree On Euron fleet, I feel it Was destroyed way too easy

The Dany thing was foreshadowed long ago. They had no choice but to move things quickly with this being the final season and only 6 episodes
I agree with that. I saw it coming but just felt weird when I was watching it. I agree it’s was a foregone conclusion just not thought it didn’t land for me.

Advertisement
Back