OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
When all the dipsh!tes on this thread get jobs writing hit TV shows for HBO and FX and AMC, I will start to take their "screenwriting suggestions" seriously. Until then, just shut up, and if you don't like the show, stop watching it and stop writing about it.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes even though you could have probably skimmed some fat and combined episode 1 and 2 into one 80 minute story. Still, most television series tend to crash after seven seasons for a multitude of reasons. Writers come and go, cast members age, stories get stale and sometimes, they literally run out of topics. I think the main reason 99% of the fans still tune in is because we all want to see how it ends. There's a ton of loose ends that need to be tied up and everyone wants to see how that plays out. I honestly wouldn't want another season even though I've loved the series. The story has reached it's crescendo and it's time for a conclusion.

I used to be a huge Walking Dead fan but after realizing the writers had no actual ending planned and were just planning on writing episode after episode, it really lost it's value. They kill off characters and bring in new one and new locations to try to refresh the show but it's all repetitive now and feels like a sitcom/drama instead of an epic story.

Its all fan fiction and fan service.

The big reveals and plot points have been written and theorized long before the show began and they are just putting them together here to wrap this **** up.

If you're down for the fan service, you probably are loving this ****. I just hoped for a little creative freedom by the writers and some better execution. Give me a little surprise. I haven't been blown away by the show for a while, with only a few moments where I've popped for a cool moment - Ice Dragon for example.

Wasn't feeling the last two episodes at all...but I know why they are in the flyover pattern right now.

The Arya scene last night with Gendry was filth Twilight-esque fan fiction.
I get where you are coming from but I’m a sucker for it. Let me enjoy my feel goods before they rip my heart out.

Well the next 3 episodes are like 80+ minutes long, so you can tell it's gearing up for the battle. The moment they went to a 6 and 7 episode format, I knew they were trying to jam as much as possible. Even though they're still following GRRM main plot lines, they had to put as much as they can, and they're writing these scripts straight from the hip. The next two episodes should be bring everything full circle, with the last one being somewhat the happy ending.

Advertisement
I've enjoyed the first two episodes even though you could have probably skimmed some fat and combined episode 1 and 2 into one 80 minute story. Still, most television series tend to crash after seven seasons for a multitude of reasons. Writers come and go, cast members age, stories get stale and sometimes, they literally run out of topics. I think the main reason 99% of the fans still tune in is because we all want to see how it ends. There's a ton of loose ends that need to be tied up and everyone wants to see how that plays out. I honestly wouldn't want another season even though I've loved the series. The story has reached it's crescendo and it's time for a conclusion.

I used to be a huge Walking Dead fan but after realizing the writers had no actual ending planned and were just planning on writing episode after episode, it really lost it's value. They kill off characters and bring in new one and new locations to try to refresh the show but it's all repetitive now and feels like a sitcom/drama instead of an epic story.

The Walking Dead TV show is based on The Walking Dead comic book, which is still being written. New issues are published monthly. By your definition, a Spider-Man TV show would also lose your interest, since it is a comic book which has been written for 55+ years.

Well the next 3 episodes are like 80+ minutes long, so you can tell it's gearing up for the battle. The moment they went to a 6 and 7 episode format, I knew they were trying to jam as much as possible. Even though they're still following GRRM main plot lines, they had to put as much as they can, and they're writing these scripts straight from the hip. The next two episodes should be bring everything full circle, with the last one being somewhat the happy ending.
Next two episodes are the battle of Winterfell. Apparently took 55 nights to film.

The Walking Dead TV show is based on The Walking Dead comic book, which is still being written. New issues are published monthly. By your definition, a Spider-Man TV show would also lose your interest, since it is a comic book which has been written for 55+ years.

You're comparing comic books to a completely different medium, television. Comic book audiences are tiny percentages of TV audiences. Secondly, comic book story lines are incredibly repetitive to the point where they reset entire series and story lines because they've done the same thing so many times. What comic book based TV show has been able to maintain relevancy for more than a few years? Even the Spiderman movies have been rebooted twice already because there's only so many villains for him to defeat. If there's no endgame, the stories inevitably start to repeat themselves. Has any TV show been good for more than seven or eight seasons? I know there's shows that have been on the air for longer than that but it's incredibly rare for a show to be as good in season eight or nine than it was in season one or two.

Advertisement
I’ve really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this season, in particular last nights. With it being common knowledge the Battle of Winterfell was going to be in episode 3, it shouldn’t be a surprise that there hasn’t been a slew of action and deaths so far.

The fans who have been with the show for **** near 10 years appreciate episodes like last night. It’s mostly ppl who just got on the wave recently that don’t really care ab the characters and just want blood and death. It’s coming next week, so it’s nice to enjoy these characters while we can.

I feel like they couldve trimmed about 20 mins from each of the first two episodes and combined what's left into one.

I dont think any of the characters who were spotlighted last night die deaths would have any less impact had we skipped over alot of this stuff.

My worry now is more rushing to tie up loose ends.

Think we may be in store for a LOTR/ Hobbit ending w lots of time jumps.
Considering the last 4 episodes are about 3 hours each I don't think they would rush to tie up loose ends, Just my Opinion.

Considering the last 4 episodes are about 3 hours each I don't think they would rush to tie up loose ends, Just my Opinion.
True, but considering the pacing problems they've been having about 3 seasons now ... idk man.

I'm just happy to watch either way.

Its all fan fiction and fan service.

The big reveals and plot points have been written and theorized long before the show began and they are just putting them together here to wrap this **** up.

If you're down for the fan service, you probably are loving this ****. I just hoped for a little creative freedom by the writers and some better execution. Give me a little surprise. I haven't been blown away by the show for a while, with only a few moments where I've popped for a cool moment - Ice Dragon for example.

Wasn't feeling the last two episodes at all...but I know why they are in the flyover pattern right now.

The Arya scene last night with Gendry was filth Twilight-esque fan fiction.
Considering it is the last season at some point they have to start wrapping s*it up.

Advertisement
I’ve really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this season, in particular last nights. With it being common knowledge the Battle of Winterfell was going to be in episode 3, it shouldn’t be a surprise that there hasn’t been a slew of action and deaths so far.

The fans who have been with the show for **** near 10 years appreciate episodes like last night. It’s mostly ppl who just got on the wave recently that don’t really care ab the characters and just want blood and death. It’s coming next week, so it’s nice to enjoy these characters while we can.

I started the show last October and enjoyed the first 2 episodes very much, last night’s, particularly.

When all the dipsh!tes on this thread get jobs writing hit TV shows for HBO and FX and AMC, I will start to take their "screenwriting suggestions" seriously. Until then, just shut up, and if you don't like the show, stop watching it and stop writing about it.
!!!!!!!!!

You're comparing comic books to a completely different medium, television. Comic book audiences are tiny percentages of TV audiences. Secondly, comic book story lines are incredibly repetitive to the point where they reset entire series and story lines because they've done the same thing so many times. What comic book based TV show has been able to maintain relevancy for more than a few years? Even the Spiderman movies have been rebooted twice already because there's only so many villains for him to defeat. If there's no endgame, the stories inevitably start to repeat themselves. Has any TV show been good for more than seven or eight seasons? I know there's shows that have been on the air for longer than that but it's incredibly rare for a show to be as good in season eight or nine than it was in season one or two.

What a load of bullsh!te. It's not about the medium, it's the fact that it's an ongoing story line. You are whining like a little ***** about "not getting closure" and "waiting around for the ending" when it is not the job of the TV writers to prematurely conclude an ongoing comic book.

If you don't like it, stop watching. Simple as that.

As for your ignorance about Spider-Man...oh my lord..."there's only so many villains for him to defeat"? Are you insane? The movies have been rebooted because of rights issues and/or actor/director availability, not because of "villain scarcity". ****, they could make an entire trilogy of just different characters who have worn the Green Goblin costume (Norman, Harry, Harry's psychiatrist, etc.), let alone the enormous villains list the Spider-Man has.

Nobody is arguing the GENERAL issue of TV shows lasting nearly a decade. Actors get sick of it too, thus the rise of 10-episode seasons over 22-episode seasons.

But you are whining about cutting 20 minutes out of a 73 episode series because it's "slower" for certain bits.

Come on, enjoy the last 6 episodes and quit complaining. Or just turn it off. If you don't have an extra 20 minutes of attention-span, this wasn't the series for you.

Advertisement
True, but considering the pacing problems they've been having about 3 seasons now ... idk man.

I'm just happy to watch either way.

Who is having pacing problems? YOU?

There are 5 books written (out of a planned 7). The book series was considered "unfilmable" previously. George RR Martin fell behind in delivering books 6 & 7. In the entire time the TV show has been on since 2011, Martin has not completed any additional books.

But, hey, since you're an expert on "pacing problems", why don't you just go out and write the books and screenplays.

Enjoy the show or turn it off.

Gotta love the people on here *****in about first 2 episodes. There is always that one person or two. Let me guess...…...millennials!
So they ***** about something and you ***** about them *****ing? How is that better?

Agree a 100%.

Advertisement
Back