OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
I read all the books when I was in college. For me this show was so long in the making that at times it disappoints me. I loved the books. I thought movies would be a better format for this. But at the end of the day I fvck with it.
First 3 books are some of my favorite of all time, last two were no where near as good. Don't think GRRM will ever finish the series at this point.

I read all the books when I was in college. For me this show was so long in the making that at times it disappoints me. I loved the books. I thought movies would be a better format for this. But at the end of the day I fvck with it.

Bruh.... I been waiting on the next book to drop forever!

Lol try telling fans of the TV show about Lady Stoneheart.
I never read the books but did hear that she is the Stark’s mom Catelyn. She was thrown into a river after being killed at the Red Wedding but someone (I forget) pulled her out and brought her back to life as Lady Stoneheart, is this correct?

It was never remotely touched by the TV series.

Pretty disappointing IMO. Seemed like a re-set for everything to get the newbies up to speed.
The whole situation with Euron Greyjoy is just dumb IMO, dude is a terrible actor. Throw in the corny dragons and meh.
I'll continue to watch, but I'm just gonna record it.

Advertisement
- Last night’s episode was easily the weakest episode ever.
- @gruntking GOT is soft-****. Scenes like the one you described were toned down due to “complaints” in the earlier seasons.
- “Rains of the Castemere” was an excellent episode, but “Baelor” was my first “WTF?!” which told me that this show was different.
- And, “The Door”? Whew! I’m still ****ed at Bran for that.
- I’ve been throwing up in my mouth for coveting the Red woman … after watching “The Red Woman”
- “The Mountain and the Viper” … that’s all I’ll say.
- And the best episode is the “The Winds of Winter” thanks to Cersei Corleone.

I’m hoping Tormund will make it to the end … which means he won’t. Because … GOT.

Has Sansa turned into Cersei or what? I bet she won’t cry for poor Ned Umber.

1. GOT
2. The Wire
3. … everything else, I guess.

* I watch Power … but it’s really just not that good to attempt to OC pare to The Wire or GOT. Blasphemy.
LOL... soft-**** is better than flying hitch-a-ride dragons. In the future if I'm on the computer when GoT is playing, maybe at least I can get the wife to alarm me when any steamy scenes take place. Otherwise for me it's Ray Donovan wait time.... Ray and football season is heaven! Enjoy GoT dude!

Just heard a mindblowing theory about who the night king may be and how its related to that spiral of hands we saw last night.

The entire season is only 6 episodes, and one has already aired.

Yea I came to realize that yesterday when someone corrected me. Looks like I’ll be binging the entire season during the day of the series finale.

Advertisement
The first episode was mediocre. First I thought the episodes were supposed to be more than an hour, but it ended up being 50 friggan minutes of filler. No one gives a **** about the greyjoys. Also the starks have always been the generic hero family and boring.

The first episode was mediocre. First I thought the episodes were supposed to be more than an hour, but it ended up being 50 friggan minutes of filler. No one gives a **** about the greyjoys. Also the starks have always been the generic hero family and boring.
Season 8 runtimes:

e1 - 54 minutes
e2 - 58 minutes
e3 - 60 minutes
e4 - 78 minutes
e5 - 80 minutes
e6 - 80 minutes

Just don't check the episode titles, they regrettably give a lot away.

I have Breaking Bad saved; it’s my next binge. Boardwalk Empire after that.

But I’ve rewatched GOT a few times. And, it’s the foreshadowing and callbacks (that I may have missed the first time around) that really accentuate the production of the show. Subtle looks or seemingly background fluff would turn out to be significant a season or two down the road. That’s the genius of GOT … there’s less “filler” than you think. You watch the end of “The Door” and think, “that mf’er GRRM thought that up 20+ years ago”. ****, I would’ve killed Sam.

Initially I snoozed on Essos (both Dany and Arya) but after rewatching them I really appreciated them. (Selmy throws down his sword in front of Joffrey - one of the best characters of the show; loved that dude - and later he is the “bridge” between Dany and her brother, and her brother’s “similarity” to his hidden son.

Euron … hate the character and how he’s being played. It just seems like something is missing. A real Euron would’ve made Cersei bark just to say he did it. He’ll probably win the GOT because … GOT. But, Cersei will likely kill him…

I’ll also likely hate the ending but I’m watching anyway.
I'm excited for you. Let me know your opinion of both when you are done. Breaking Bad is very deep into the layers and psychosis of "the average" American man. A duality of thoughts and desires. The external "nice" guy vs the internal conqueror hedonist. Just rewatched the movie, "There Will Be Blood", and things are beginning to be clear.

U are right. The foreshadowing and callbacks are crucial and separate GOTs storytelling. It's a masterpiece.

I've loved Arya's whole journey even in Esos, Dany not so much. I can't believe Tyrion is looking so weak and compromised right now, he was a stalwart of the show the entire series.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So I guess your dads the type of dude that wouldn't be taking bags either. LMAO. Just playing bro

But foreal that would have been dope af. Free money plus you could show your kids the episodes the apartment was in.
I literally just finished the sopranos for the first time last week. It’s definitely in my top 3.

Soooooo did Tony die? He also should have popped Paulie when he had the chance.

RIGHT! How do they eliminate her & her enti

RIGHT! like how do you eliminate her & her whole crew/story... guess they saw it as a potential conflict for the night king
Time is the issue. and early on, money was too.

The showrunners don't want to spend 15 years doing the show, which is what it would require to actually stay more inline with the books. I mean I think what they have done is great for the show, but I also would have been more satisfied if this was a 15 year plan rather than a 8 year plan. Plus all the actors definitely were going to be basically impossible to keep that long. Look at how big these peoples careers have gotten due to the show!

But yeah I've been waiting for Winds of Winter for a min too. Though I only read the books after I began watching the show. I'm hoping GRRM is just waiting to drop the book until after the show ends, which makes sense from his perspective I guess...

Advertisement
Back