OT: For the old dudes in here that keep calling people younger than them Millenials

its A waste of time correcting people on which generation they spend most of their time talking šŸ’© about.
The pic shows the years born for each of the generations and people still double down on talking šŸ’© about millennials when itā€™s really about gen z. šŸ˜‚
JFC

Advertisement
I love how much this board ***** on kids younger than them and blame a whole generation for Miami being bad. I donā€™t think any of the teams in the top 10 are crying about gen z

Advertisement
View attachment 100758

I see this mistake being made over and over again on this site. The kids we are recruiting today are not Millenials They are Gen Z kids aka "Zoomers".

These are the kids that need to be coddled, stroked, & babied. The "Respect My Decision" generation.
Hey aren't you the tipdrill that used to post on Canes Myspace groups?

"They have trouble making decisions. They would rather hike in the Himalayas than climb a corporate ladder. They have few heroes, no anthems, no style to call their own...They postpone marriage because they dread divorce...They sneer at Range Rovers, Rolexes..."

"Companies are discovering that to win the best talent, they must cater to a young work force that is considered overly sensitive at best and lazy at worst."

Yep, those quotes from a Time article sure ring true about today's generational perceptions...Oh, wait:

https://rolfpotts.com/time-twentysomething-1990/

Yep, Generation X, who are now in their 40-50s, are the ones being profiled in this piece. What is of further interest? Within THREE WEEKS of this "defining" July 16 1990 piece, members of this "overly sensitive" generation were off to fight in a huge war where they were not found to be "lazy" but victorous.

Lesson: I was offended by that piece then and history proves the authors were dead wrong...Be very careful in believing what the media says when they try to pigeonhole generations.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In my day only the women cooked. It is a sad day when a man needs to cook a chicken.

In my day, a man would teach his children how to be respectful, how to shoot, how to kill game mercifully, how to skin it, butcher it, and properly cook it - and not just what you kill. You teach your little man how to cook, tricks that make it good and easy, and do for himself - and make sure he doesn't every have to rely on a woman for a damned thing to get by.

And then you'd train them in how to deal with women to be able to choose a good one when the time came.

A good father will teach them many things - especially cooking - since a man's gotta eat.

In my day, a man would teach his children how to be respectful, how to shoot, how to kill game mercifully, how to skin it, butcher it, and properly cook it - and not just what you kill. You teach your little man how to cook, tricks that make it good and easy, and do for himself - and make sure he doesn't every have to rely on a woman for a damned thing to get by.

And then you'd train them in how to deal with women to be able to choose a good one when the time came.

A good father will teach them many things - especially cooking - since a man's gotta eat.

Mercy is for the weak.

Advertisement
The 2001 Canes were mostly millenials. Millenials have been engaged in war for the better part of 20 years now. IJS

In my day we chased animals down with our bare hands and if the women didn't want to cook it we gave them a black eye and sent them to bed hungry. Millenials ruined it for the real men.

In my day we chased animals down with our bare hands and if the women didn't want to cook it we gave them a black eye and sent them to bed hungry. Millenials ruined it for the real men.

Well, I'd normally be willing to try that, but my wife is a phenomenon with a pistol - the one she keeps loaded and at hand.

I have to pick my battles.

Advertisement
Back