OT: EA Sports College Football game

First and foremost..... Make recruiting fun/exciting like ncaa13. 14 was cool as well but I think they took away some features to make it easier. Recruiting is the main thing that sets apart ncaa from madden.

A close second will be CUSTOMIZATION. You have to give us a ton of options. Creating own school, stadium, **** even let us create our own mascot lol

It's already been said that it's going to be built on the madden engine so it's not much they will do too differently when it comes to actual gameplay.
We still play NCAA 2010 sometimes and it’s because of the recruiting

Really need that to be tight

Advertisement
With how down hill Madden has been the past couple years i'm not expecting much from the new game
they will say they changed everything and lie up to release about polishing the game. It will use frostbite engine which is trash same animations same bs. But will have a college skin over it.

they will say they changed everything and lie up to release about polishing the game. It will use frostbite engine which is trash same animations same bs. But will have a college skin over it.
they already said its gonna be the madden engine. it'll play like crap but it'll be cool to do it w UM lol

As excited as a part of me is, I just don't trust EA. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Worse still is the fact that many, myself included, have yet to upgrade to the PS5. Do I really want to, essentially, pay $600 for this when I know how EA is?

I dunno.

Advertisement
If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t there a person on this site that was friends with someone working on the game? I could have sworn in the last college football game thread someone was talking about it. Maybe they are still a round and can give an update??

EA hired a bunch from the NCAA Revamped team. One of the main ones who does the rosters Vikes something... he's working for EA. Those former revamped guys don't want that game to fail.
This doesn't mean much. EA has been hiring members of the hardcore community for years. Their football games are still mierda.

The devs who've been working on EA football games for years don't want their games to fail either. Yet, it fails year after year after year

Management often decides to allocate valuable time and resources to "back of the box" items, rather than gameplay.

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t there a person on this site that was friends with someone working on the game? I could have sworn in the last college football game thread someone was talking about it. Maybe they are still a round and can give an update??
If we're remembering the same guy, he was full of crap.

Years ago he claimed that the game was coming out in like a year. I told him that there'd be no game until the legal issues were settled.

Advertisement
If we're remembering the same guy, he was full of crap.

Years ago he claimed that the game was coming out in like a year. I told him that there'd be no game until the legal issues were settled.
I was able to find go back and find it. Is this the person you were talking about?
i put out a month ago this was coming back i have a buddy at madden, One of his top guys left madden to take this on and he is one of the biggest ea ncaa fans there is. He will not mess this up is what my buddy told me

Advertisement
They really need to hit dynasty mode out of the park. Recruiting needs to be in depth but clean and exciting.

The one thing that really grinded my gears about NCAA14 was despite messing with the sliders, my 99 speed RB would always get chased down. DL would have no problems going sideline to sideline to tackle faster QBs/RBs/WRs. Speed needs to matter.

Accurate rosters and names. NIL is here. The thing that caused them to shut down is now legal.

Advertisement
They really need to hit dynasty mode out of the park. Recruiting needs to be in depth but clean and exciting.

The one thing that really grinded my gears about NCAA14 was despite messing with the sliders, my 99 speed RB would always get chased down. DL would have no problems going sideline to sideline to tackle faster QBs/RBs/WRs. Speed needs to matter.

Couldn't agree more. There's so much going on in CFB now, compared to 2014. I hope they make an effort to make dynasty as realistic as possible.

I use to slide the 'in-game speed' (or whatever it was called) to as low as 10. I couldn't stand DL chasing down my skill guys

Couldn't agree more. There's so much going on in CFB now, compared to 2014. I hope they make an effort to make dynasty as realistic as possible.

I use to slide the 'in-game speed' (or whatever it was called) to as low as 10. I couldn't stand DL chasing down my skill guys

Ahh. EA's infamous sliders,

I remember all of the online discussions about sliders. You needed a degree from M.I.T to understand sliders. They were like the German enigma machine.

Some sliders seemed to work in reverse. Other sliders seemed not to work at all. This combination of sliders does this. This combo does that, but not this....

And, EA never provided any detailed info about the lot of it.

Call me crazy, but why don't they just make players play to their attributes, instead relying on magical sliders?

I understand the argument for user customization. But, you shouldn't have to be a de facto dev to get the game to look and play like real football. It should be a sim game out of the box.

Or, go back to how it used to be pre sliders. There was a sim mode, an arcade mode, and other one that I don't remember.

You have to turn down the speed threshold slider. Put it at 0 and trust me... That 99 speed will look like sonic compared to a DL lol

EA hired a bunch from the NCAA Revamped team. One of the main ones who does the rosters Vikes something... he's working for EA. Those former revamped guys don't want that game to fail.
I've heard that story so many times, but EA has a massive history of buying up small developers, creating a ****** game with the developers name on it and then closing that studio because the game didn't sell as expected. It has happened so many times, I have stopped counting.

Advertisement
Back