OT: EA Sports College Football game

tyroil smoochie-wallace

Redshirt Freshman
Off-Topic and a while away (July 2023) but being a huge NCAA14 fan, I've been looking forward to the new iteration since it was announced to be returning. Despite my weariness with EA making an actual game that is of high quality or doesn't focus on the slot machine that is Ultimate team modes. I was just wondering what type of features in the game you guys would want to see. I'd say try to be realistic though in the sense that Pay-for-Play/Suspensions/Infractions will not be a part of the game obviously.

My favorite additions to the game would be: CFP flexibility (choosing 4,8,12), the Transfer Portal and importance of promises to players on your team, more in-depth recruiting allowing players to be able to decommit/silent commit/flip and not be told "you lead by 1,000 point" add more intrigue or mystery to it, allowing recruiting to not only be focused on the present year but for maybe the next year or two as well for at least scouting purposes (imagine finding a diamond in the rough early on and recruiting him early makes the difference come singing day)

Those are some of the few ideas I have and I'll remain skeptical considering the developer of the game, however I can't wait for the game to come back. Let me know what you guys think!

Advertisement
My expectations are low. I'll be surprised if it is anything more than a lootbox fest featuring scripted play outcomes and rubber banding to give the illusion of competition.

The only way I could see myself buying it is if it has a different engine from Madden AND the reviews are positive a few weeks after release.

Advertisement
First and foremost..... Make recruiting fun/exciting like ncaa13. 14 was cool as well but I think they took away some features to make it easier. Recruiting is the main thing that sets apart ncaa from madden.

A close second will be CUSTOMIZATION. You have to give us a ton of options. Creating own school, stadium, **** even let us create our own mascot lol

It's already been said that it's going to be built on the madden engine so it's not much they will do too differently when it comes to actual gameplay.

Advertisement
I would like a dynasty coaching mode where you have a specific budget given to you based on the university, and out of that budget you can hire coaches and analysts with their own stats & contract lengths, etc. Of course your budget could shrink or grow depending on meeting of goals, such as winning your bowl game, or winning 9-10 games per season, NIL deals, stadium rights, etc.

Also, more in depth player recruiting, and maybe have it where you have to scout and eval players in HS and you can find 2-3 star gems or have big misses like 5 Star T2 & Lingard, etc.

But, I already know we aren't getting anything nice besides some slight graphics updates.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1662572198734.gif

1. Dynasty mode has to be right. Looking forward to an updated recruiting mode. Also, integration with the upcoming Madden would be dope.

2. All teams hopefully with names of current players. At least with the old versions, you could just the names via EA locker. I’d hate all these years to come back and see QB Joe Black as the QB for Miami. I’d also hope they continue to have updated ratings/rosters, similar to Madden and NBA 2K.

3. Ultimate team would be cool for NCAA, but I wonder if it would take away from Madden’s UT mode.

Advertisement
Back