OT: Duffy's

I actually work for the guy who started Duffy’s originally and sold it to Emmett when they got to 5 locations, he owns a restaurant up in Jupiter called Old FL bar and Grill and also owns blackpoint ocean grill in cutler bay....2 major rumors circulating in the biz right now, they owe Sysco 6 million dollars and thus haven’t worked out plan with their main contracted supplier and as someone else said that millers ale house has purchased them to cherry pick the best locations and sell of the other assets
Old Florida is a pretty nice spot. They have one of those cook your catch and serve with sides deals.

Advertisement
Was up in Winter Park for business around this time last year and went to a place called Prato. Obviously the opposite of an Ale House or any sports bar, but was pleasantly surprised. Winter Park fanciness stand up.
Prato is good...but when I go out to eat with my GF (And I'm a picky MFer) there's a good chance we go to the Ravishing Pig...Ive known the owners for 10yrs...Kevin and his wife ain't no joke...Good stuff...

Advertisement
I actually work for the guy who started Duffy’s originally and sold it to Emmett when they got to 5 locations, he owns a restaurant up in Jupiter called Old FL bar and Grill and also owns blackpoint ocean grill in cutler bay....2 major rumors circulating in the biz right now, they owe Sysco 6 million dollars and thus haven’t worked out plan with their main contracted supplier and as someone else said that millers ale house has purchased them to cherry pick the best locations and sell of the other assets

Bob Gregory? My buddy Mark Bonino sells food to Old Florida and Blackpoint Ocean Grill.

Advertisement
You can add sweet tomatoes to the list. Was always a place to get the kids something healthy between games.
I understand all Sweet Tomatoes nationwide is folding?

I think I read they feel business model doesnt work in future operating environment?

Advertisement
I usually eat at the Pinecrest one. They were busy but not as bad as Kendall. Word is, Kendall does a killing with their numbers.

Highest grossing stores are Grove, Hialeah, North Miami (since they added the beautiful patio) and Kendall.
My Godfather is the C.O.O. and my pops is the Head of Security, so I'm full of useless Flanny facts.

Sawgrass store is gonna be a smash hit.

Ironically, it was the Duffy’s on 163rd and the intracoastal that put the North Miami Beach Alehouse our of business. I feel bad for the employees. Food was mediocre at best but I hate to see people out of work.
That's the only Duffy's I really fvcks with. Love that joint.

Advertisement
Prato is good...but when I go out to eat with my GF (And I'm a picky MFer) there's a good chance we go to the Ravishing Pig...Ive known the owners for 10yrs...Kevin and his wife ain't no joke...Good stuff...

You ever mess with Teak Neighborhood Grill?

I hit that up every time I'm in Orlando.

Twin Peaks seems to be thriving. They survived despite being closed and not being able to use the chicks to lure customers.
The one in Pines was slammed the other night.

Macho.....Burgers are insane...GF loves it...

It's a must any time I'm in Orlando.

Check this bad boy out...

burger.jpg

Those are hashbrowns for buns.

Advertisement
Back