OT: Duffy's

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
They go out of business? Heard some seemingly nonsensical rumblings about Ale House buying them. Kinda weird that they weren't open for takeout at all and now haven't even partially reopened.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That sucks if true. They always had great drink prices/specials and it was a good spot to watch games as far as chains go. The family that owns it are pretty solid people too.

As an Entrepreneur, it breaks my heart to see any business go out of business. To a degree, even my competition. I’m actually surprised Duffy’s didn’t survive.

One of the best places to watch a game. Ditto on the drink specials.

One of the best Canes watch party environments I've ever been in was actually at the Duffy's that was in the Grove for Canes-Noles in 2017. Was beyond packed, had like a 10% Nole crowd just for ****talking entertainment (and they were mostly hot sloots) and everyone was **** drunk. I broke my hand in the celebration after Langham made that catch. The place went apesh!t. Was as close to this as I've ever experienced:

Advertisement
It's absolutely Heartbreaking whats happening in the Restaurant trade...all over Fl landmarks are on the verge of collapse...
I can't begin to tell you what its done to Culinary workers...especially degreed Chefs....add an absolute archaic Unemployment System and it's even more Heartwrenching...

It's absolutely Heartbreaking whats happening in the Restaurant trade...all over Fl landmarks are on the verge of collapse...
I can't begin to tell you what its done to Culinary workers...especially degreed Chefs....add an absolute archaic Unemployment System and it's even more Heartwrenching...
**** chef. You killed my buzz...
Sad.

Advertisement
Since retirement, I've looked out for many of my Chefs...Some have found work...some even leaving the trade...One of my former Chefs (and an incredible one) is feeling it the most...Has 2 young kids (one not even a yr old)...My GF and myself have been doing all we can to help out.
May the Blessings come back to you two fold....

I can only imagine. It's an absolute disgrace that hospitality/culinary/nightlife workers (especially in a state like Florida) won't have a bigger voice in opposing the ending of that $600 unemployment supplement too. I'm definitely not trying to get political here but I just saw Larry Kudlow on tv parroting the nonsense that it's disincentivizing people in actually returning to work. And that doesn't even count the people that have given up unemployment to return to those jobs (if they're even still there) but at a fraction of their previous salary/tips.

All the while we hide the identities of businesses and the amounts of the federal taxpayer funded Coronavirus loans/bailouts.

Never been fan of their food. Though I did watch the UM UF 2013 game at the northlake blvd duffy's with my brother and also the 2017 UM FSU game at duffys on us1 and pga , bout got kicked out lol

Advertisement
Back