OT: Duffy's

Advertisement
I understand all Sweet Tomatoes nationwide is folding?

I think I read they feel business model doesnt work in future operating environment?
Buffett's are a tough one...I personally will not go to one, for Sanitary reasons, and they're known for reheating day old food (not Sweet Tomatoes of course)

Highest grossing stores are Grove, Hialeah, North Miami (since they added the beautiful patio) and Kendall.
My Godfather is the C.O.O. and my pops is the Head of Security, so I'm full of useless Flanny facts.

Sawgrass store is gonna be a smash hit.

Cannot wait for that one to open. 5 minutes from my house. Guessing there are going to be lines out the door for a while when it opens. They found a great spot over there.

Twin Peaks seems to be thriving. They survived despite being closed and not being able to use the chicks to lure customers.
The one in Pines was slammed the other night.
They’re opening a new location in Hollywood where Whisky Tango used to be. Remodeling the whole building.

Advertisement
Lil Hoolies is still there, I think. Their business sky rocketed when they stopped smoking inside. My best friend was the manager at the Outback in Briarbay. “Back in my day” we would hit up Lil Hoolies and Corbett’s all the time.

I actually just purchased a beautiful home in the Falls area. ******* love this neighborhood.

Nice! Love that area too. Great houses on larger lots.

Wayyyyy back in the day I used to live on Sunset & 117th but I dated a girl that was a bartender at PF Chang's at The Falls. So I would shoot through your new hood to get there via SW 112th St (right by OJ's old house) until I hit Galloway Rd.

Up here in PBC I’ve heard that Duffys had a ton of debt and something about how it’s never been the same after the founder/owner died and the son took over.

I actually work for the guy who started Duffy’s originally and sold it to Emmett when they got to 5 locations, he owns a restaurant up in Jupiter called Old FL bar and Grill and also owns blackpoint ocean grill in cutler bay....2 major rumors circulating in the biz right now, they owe Sysco 6 million dollars and thus haven’t worked out plan with their main contracted supplier and as someone else said that millers ale house has purchased them to cherry pick the best locations and sell of the other assets
I have heard similar rumors. I have a family friend who worked for Chaney for years and he told me the owners of Duffy’s had a propensity for maxing out their credit and then renegotiating their terms with the promise of opening new locations that would buy “x” amount of product. Almost like a restaurant ponzi scheme. Eventually you run out of credit though.

Advertisement
They bought out the Roadhouse chain back in 2007 and did absolutely nothing with it that I know of. I have no idea why they'd drop $8 million for no good reason.

They bought out the Roadhouse chain back in 2007 and did absolutely nothing with it that I know of. I have no idea why they'd drop $8 million for no good reason.
Texas roadhouse up here doesn’t even open for lunch during the week, doesn’t sound like a good business model at all.

Texas roadhouse up here doesn’t even open for lunch during the week, doesn’t sound like a good business model at all.
This wasn't Texas Roadhouse, it was a place called Roadhouse Grill. They did the peanut shell floor thing though.

Wayyyyy back in the day I used to live on Sunset & 117th but I dated a girl that was a bartender at PF Chang's at The Falls. So I would shoot through your new hood to get there via SW 112th St (right by OJ's old house) until I hit Galloway Rd.

OJ’s house! Right by Killian High. My mom lived by the Falls growing up so I ate at that PF Chang’s countless times. My brother and I purchased our first home by Sunset and 87 ave, nearly 10 years ago. House was practically a frat house. Good times.

Advertisement
If it ain't the O.G. Duffy's on 57th, IDGAF

I hate to break it to you, but the original Duffy's hasn't been a Duffy's for years. It's a bad location right next to the railroad tracks with limited parking and is now the Pirate's Well. But at least they're still open.

One of the best Canes watch party environments I've ever been in was actually at the Duffy's that was in the Grove for Canes-Noles in 2017. Was beyond packed, had like a 10% Nole crowd just for ****talking entertainment (and they were mostly hot sloots) and everyone was **** drunk. I broke my hand in the celebration after Langham made that catch. The place went apesh!t. Was as close to this as I've ever experienced:

Come On England

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Advertisement

sunset and 117 ... did you ever hit up Shibui for sushi?

Advertisement
Back