OT: Duffy's

According to my phone, Duffy’s in the Miami area all seem to be open for takeout, and one is even open for dine in.

I thought so too but our phones are wrong. My location in Lauderdale is listed as the same but it's definitely closed completely and I just looked at their actual website and they list every location as temporarily closed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
They still do flip night? We used to hit up Lil Hoolie's on US-1 all the time. Strangely enough, Lil Jon used to hang out in there for some reason back then too.

Lil Hoolies is still there, I think. Their business sky rocketed when they stopped smoking inside. My best friend was the manager at the Outback in Briarbay. “Back in my day” we would hit up Lil Hoolies and Corbett’s all the time.

I actually just purchased a beautiful home in the Falls area. ******* love this neighborhood.

Advertisement
If ever in Tampa and you can handle dive bars, go to the Fire House on 56th street in Temple Terrace. Really good bar food for a dive bar.

Advertisement
I actually work for the guy who started Duffy’s originally and sold it to Emmett when they got to 5 locations, he owns a restaurant up in Jupiter called Old FL bar and Grill and also owns blackpoint ocean grill in cutler bay....2 major rumors circulating in the biz right now, they owe Sysco 6 million dollars and thus haven’t worked out plan with their main contracted supplier and as someone else said that millers ale house has purchased them to cherry pick the best locations and sell of the other assets

I actually work for the guy who started Duffy’s originally and sold it to Emmett when they got to 5 locations, he owns a restaurant up in Jupiter called Old FL bar and Grill and also owns blackpoint ocean grill in cutler bay....2 major rumors circulating in the biz right now, they owe Sysco 6 million dollars and thus haven’t worked out plan with their main contracted supplier and as someone else said that millers ale house has purchased them to cherry pick the best locations and sell of the other assets
Owing Sysco 6 mill ain't no joke....God only knows how much business ive done with them the last 25yrs...

Advertisement
Owing Sysco 6 mill ain't no joke....God only knows how much business ive done with them the last 25yrs...
100% my rep says they negotiated 120 day terms for payment... so they have 4 months worth of purchasing bills stacked up with zero cash flow, plus payroll ..... believable they could enter bankruptcy... but like I said it’s a rumor not sure exactly what’s goin on, but the fact they haven’t released any sort of statement is kinda fishy/telling if you ask me

Preach. The service in the Gables location couldn't have been worse and I still was a loyal customer for games. Some spicy zingers and 8 hours of football. It's the little things.

Used to walk there from my apartment almost every Sunday for the NFL games. Was friends with some of the bartenders. Hate that they shut down.

Bring back JJ’s Diner !!

Wednesday night beer pong was the best. I was there the night it got raided by the CGPD, police dogs and all.

Luckily, I came out unscathed.

100% my rep says they negotiated 120 day terms for payment... so they have 4 months worth of purchasing bills stacked up with zero cash flow, plus payroll ..... believable they could enter bankruptcy... but like I said it’s a rumor not sure exactly what’s goin on, but the fact they haven’t released any sort of statement is kinda fishy/telling if you ask me
I've used Sysco for 30yrs....They're pretty staunch about payments.....I can't imagine being 6 mill in the hole....Flabbergasting

Advertisement
Back