OT: Duffy's

Advertisement
The Ale House in the Gables closed down. We need sports.

Noooo

So many drunken nights stumbling back home

tenor (57).gif

Highest grossing stores are Grove, Hialeah, North Miami (since they added the beautiful patio) and Kendall.
My Godfather is the C.O.O. and my pops is the Head of Security, so I'm full of useless Flanny facts.

Sawgrass store is gonna be a smash hit.

My dude tell them I need one up on Jacksonville. Bartram Park, more specifically. Walking distance preferred.

Thank you and good day.

Advertisement
As a business owner myself, I marvel at how well their people are trained and repeat the company line verbatim, every time. Go to any one of their places and every employee does the same exact speech about drink deals, dinner specials and that dessert ****tails, all off whic are big money makers for them.

Well run organization.

That's all COO Augie Bucci's business model. He's a stickler about that and he's the main one that randomly pops into the stores. All the employees I've talked to have met him at some point.

Most people don't know this but Flanigans was originally Big Daddy's...a famous nightclub chain. They had over 32 clubs across the United States and South America.
Joe Flanigan (Big Daddy) hired Augie Bucci and my father ("Johnny Grapevine") to provide the bands/entertainment. When disco hit and live music went to the wayside, their nightclubs started to take a hit. One of the brothers opened up a restaurant in Pompano Beach (the original Flanigans) and to their surprise it was a hit. That's when Joe Flanigan and Augie Bucci decided to remold their Big Daddy/Flanigans brand into a restaurant chain. And here we are.

YEah I know, cool story bro.

I will say that about Flannys...you don't meet too many people that are there but absolutely hate their gig. Everyone is mad friendly and the vibe is always good.

Well managers are treated well. They get a piece of their store's profits. That's why a lot of them aspire to work at the Hialeah, Grove, North Miami, etc...locations. Their employees are treated phenomenally. Jimmy Flanigan once saw a Security Guard helping bus a table, handed him a $100 bill and said "keep up the good work".

He also throws a party every year for the employees who have been there 10+ years and gives each of them $1500.
They have a massive party bus that they use to take the employees out once a year as well.

There's A LOT of people who have been at Flanigans for a very long time. 20+ years.

That's all COO Augie Bucci's business model. He's a stickler about that and he's the main one that randomly pops into the stores. All the employees I've talked to have met him at some point.

Most people don't know this but Flanigans was originally Big Daddy's...a famous nightclub chain. They had over 32 clubs across the United States and South America.
Joe Flanigan (Big Daddy) hired Augie Bucci and my father ("Johnny Grapevine") to provide the bands/entertainment. When disco hit and live music went to the wayside, their nightclubs started to take a hit. One of the brothers opened up a restaurant in Pompano Beach (the original Flanigans) and to their surprise it was a hit. That's when Joe Flanigan and Augie Bucci decided to remold their Big Daddy/Flanigans brand into a restaurant chain. And here we are.

YEah I know, cool story bro.
Big Daddy's from the late 70s through the 80s... was the place to go in Miami....Bar None....

Advertisement
Big Daddy's from the late 70s through the 80s... was the place to go in Miami....Bar None....

That's what I hear, bro.
My pops tells me all the stories. He says the joint was smokin'.

My pops was in the music biz and had the Big Daddy's contract. He was in charge of putting bands in every single one of their nightclubs nation-wide.

Did they have a joint by (or at) the airport? He would always mention that.

That's what I hear, bro.

My pops was in the music biz and had the Big Daddy's contract. He was in charge of putting bands in every single one of their nightclubs nation-wide.

@Coach Macho ....Look Man...Big Daddy's was off the Hook....I lived in Miami from 83-86....and spent alot of time in Miami before Culinary School in 79.....When I talk Fine *** Women....Im talking Fine *** Women....

That's what I hear, bro.

Yup...not far from Leujune and Doral

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's what I hear, bro.

How did the Laughing Loggerhead name come about? I’ll hang up and take the answer offline.

That's what I hear, bro.

Yeah later became mystiques.( i think) but on the corner of 163rd and Biscayne (Dean's Gold currently) was Papa Grande. My older sister and cousins loved that place. Salsa and meringue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back