OT: Dolphins 1st Round

Advertisement
I mean, most mocks have him going by 15, so it wouldnt be a reach at all at 11, even if you dont care for the kid or pick.

Talent wise, hes certainly better than Tannehill, and the Fins need a QB, but not to necessarily start right away.

Youre more likely to find a decent lb later than a qb.

Jackson is not better than Tannehill. He’s an incredible athlete and has superior vision as a ball handler but his accuracy and lame duck passes are weak

Advertisement
Mike Tannenbaum has a foolproof analysis tool he uses to go over every player...A system he started when he was an intern with Pittsfield in '91:

giphy.gif

Jackson is not better than Tannehill. He’s an incredible athlete and has superior vision as a ball handler but his accuracy and lame duck passes are weak
I shouldve clarified coming out of college he is better. He will still need 1 to 2 yrs of seasoning, but no way is his ceiling is lower than Tannehill who is 1. Trash, and 2. Had no business being a first rounder.

Fins aint taking him regardless, so Im all for trading down bc its a decent draft for their needs, but we're looking like we're gunning for that #1 2019 pick w our recent moves.

Just stop it with you cant take a linebacker that early. Smith flashes and dominates a game like rebueb foster did last year. The dolphins were dumb to pass on foster last year but Gase is serious about character with his players so I kinda see it.

The linebacker unit and offensive line(which should perform way better) have been terrible for years. The dolphins do not have a third starting linebacker if smith or Edmunds is there they are the pick. Can’t belive tsnnebaum survived this team overhaul hopefully Gase is running the show.

I think we can all agree we want a blocking tight end so we can see frank get to third on the all time list.

Gores gonna be the first dolphins jersey I buy in years this headache of a franchise can’t ruin his career and the canes connection

Advertisement
Another fan not knowing anything. Dolphins probably have one of the better, if not the best, DE rotation in the NFL.

One thing I have noticed about this site, besides many people not knowing a f'n thing about something they claim to watch every week, they really like to slang insults before they show their *** in a post.

With that said, you are nuts and what you said is completely baseless. The Dolphins were tied for 26th in most sacks in the league last year and they didn't get much better.

and little secret...Robert Quinn hasn't been GREAT in like 3 years. He's merely alright. Incredibly overpaid. Upgrade over Mario Williams for sure, but he doesn't bring the Dolphins from a terrible pass rush to a great one, nevermind THE BEST DE ROTATION IN THE NFL lolololol

They are paying Andre Branch two million dollars per sack. TWO MILLION PER SACK. And they were looking at Jabaal Sheard (one of the better pass rusher for hire mercenaries in the league at only 27 years old) right before he signed with Indy.

Cameron Wake is 36 years old.

Good luck expecting anything more than a rotational end production from Charles Harris. He's just not athletic enough to be a difference maker on the edge. At the very least, you take Harold Landry to replace this mis-evaluation / pick.

William Hayes is likely getting cut and gave you ONE sack last year.

As for your previous post...Rashaun Gary and Maurice Hurst or DaRon Payne do not play the same position. Drafting any of this year's top iDL players doesn't stop you from getting Gary. With that said, Hurst has been the most productive iDL in the country over the past 3 years. If it weren't for the heart condition, he's likely a Top 15 pick. He's still going to be very good, just underdrafted now.

One thing I have noticed about this site, besides many people not knowing a f'n thing about something they claim to watch every week, they really like to slang insults before they show their *** in a post.

With that said, you are nuts and what you said is completely baseless. The Dolphins were tied for 26th in most sacks in the league last year and they didn't get much better.

and little secret...Robert Quinn hasn't been GREAT in like 3 years. He's merely alright. Incredibly overpaid. Upgrade over Mario Williams for sure, but he doesn't bring the Dolphins from a terrible pass rush to a great one, nevermind THE BEST DE ROTATION IN THE NFL lolololol

They are paying Andre Branch two million dollars per sack. TWO MILLION PER SACK. And they were looking at Jabaal Sheard (one of the better pass rusher for hire mercenaries in the league at only 27 years old) right before he signed with Indy.

Good luck expecting anything more than a rotational end production from Charles Harris. He's just not athletic enough to be a difference maker on the edge. At the very least, you take Harold Landry to replace this mis-evaluation / pick.

As for your previous post...Rashaun Gary and Maurice Hurst or DaRon Payne do not play the same position. Drafting any of this year's top iDL players doesn't stop you from getting Gary. With that said, Hurst has been the most productive iDL in the country over the past 3 years. If it weren't for the heart condition, he's likely a Top 15 pick. He's still going to be very good, just underdrafted now.

One of those defensive ends will be gone before the season starts imo. Hopefully we can convince a team to take branch where only 2 million of his contract is guaranteed next year. The dolphins seem to have a two year plan and will spend a lot of money next year. But the tear down of the roster had to happen. Landry pouncey suh Thomas and ajayi were all locker room cancers. Year one is to change the mentality of the team year two we build a winner.

Side note Williams Hayes will definetly be on the roster He might be the only defensive end we have that can set the edge to stop the run. But I agree we have big names that COULD be good but they underperformed last year and played very undisciplined football. How many pre snap penalties did the dolphins have on offense and defense?

So I'm assuming only DE's account for sacks correct? Not DT's, LB's, or even DB's?

Mario Williams hasn't been on the team in almost two years. Why are you mentioning him? Quinn had the injury bug the past couple of years and played out of position when LA transitioned to a 3-4. He still accumulated 8.5 sacks. I also said one of the best. Andre Branch is making too much but again you're proving my point about fans not knowing what they're talking about. 1. Branch has almost the same amount of sacks that Sheard has had in two years. 2. They both will be the same age once the season starts. Wake is 36 and still putting up 10+ sacks. We can ride him for at least another year like John Abraham a few years ago.

Harris not athletic enough? LOL.. Hayes is one of the better run defending DEs and just re-signed. The rotation isn't just about sacks but strength at the POA and the ability to stop the run as well. Just admit you know nothing.

Michigan uses Gary as a DE because he's just that athletic. He can and has played iDL and will most likely play there if a 3-4 team doesn't draft him. We have some decent bodies at DT in Taylor, Godcheaux, and Phillips. Drafting Hurst in the 1st all but guarantees that they won't go Gary in next year's draft.

Advertisement
One of those defensive ends will be gone before the season starts imo. Hopefully we can convince a team to take branch where only 2 million of his contract is guaranteed next year. The dolphins seem to have a two year plan and will spend a lot of money next year. But the tear down of the roster had to happen. Landry pouncey suh Thomas and ajayi were all locker room cancers. Year one is to change the mentality of the team year two we build a winner.

Side note Williams Hayes will definetly be on the roster He might be the only defensive end we have that can set the edge to stop the run. But I agree we have big names that COULD be good but they underperformed last year and played very undisciplined football. How many pre snap penalties did the dolphins have on offense and defense?

Agreed. There was a rumor that Branch was getting traded so we'll see.

So I'm assuming only DE's account for sacks correct? Not DT's, LB's, or even DB's?

Mario Williams hasn't been on the team in almost two years. Why are you mentioning him? Quinn had the injury bug the past couple of years and played out of position when LA transitioned to a 3-4. He still accumulated 8.5 sacks. I also said one of the best. Andre Branch is making too much but again you're proving my point about fans not knowing what they're talking about. 1. Branch has almost the same amount of sacks that Sheard has had in two years. 2. They both will be the same age once the season starts. Wake is 36 and still putting up 10+ sacks. We can ride him for at least another year like John Abraham a few years ago.

Harris not athletic enough? LOL.. Hayes is one of the better run defending DEs and just re-signed. The rotation isn't just about sacks but strength at the POA and the ability to stop the run as well. Just admit you know nothing.

Michigan uses Gary as a DE because he's just that athletic. He can and has played iDL and will most likely play there if a 3-4 team doesn't draft him. We have some decent bodies at DT in Taylor, Godcheaux, and Phillips. Drafting Hurst in the 1st all but guarantees that they won't go Gary in next year's draft.

The TEAM accounted for 30 sacks last year. That was T26th in football.

Quinn is FINE, but he doesn't make you "one of the best" pass rushes in football. He just doesn't.

Not sure how your Branch/Sheard comment was any indication of knowing anything. Simply, they clearly aren't ok with their pass rush if they were looking to sign someone like Sheard on top of what they already have, they clearly arent ok with it. Hence, the Landry suggestion...plus, Harold Landry is going to be very good. Vic Beasley good.

Harris tested in 47th percentile athletically last cycle. He's just not athletic enough to be what a first round DE should be. That isn't to say he won't be useful, but he won't be a difference maker. Unlikely ever to be a 10+ sack guy. Maybe you're lucky and get an 8 out of him one year.

I know nothing? You said the Dolphins had one of the best pass rushes in football and they ranked 26th last year. Laughably terrible posting right now.

As for the iDL of the Dolphins...they all rated average or worse by PFF last year. They are not good and are simply that...BODIES. You don't pass on Vita, Hurst, or Payne in the HOPE that you take Gary next year. That is buffoonery. Especially when they don't even play the same position. Please stop posting. Dolphins DL is in the bottom third of the league and you want to punt the position in R1 based on absolutely nothing. Silly.

Agreed. There was a rumor that Branch was getting traded so we'll see.

Would be great. If we could somehow make earl Thomas take his place would be an amazing investment and these clowns in the media can stop with the Derwin James crap. I think dolphins have to take linebacker in first or figure out a way to trade for one or trade down if one of smith or Edmunds doesn’t fall to us.

Advertisement
Gotta ask how many people are getting a frank gore jersey? Anyone know his number yet? It may be the most excited I’ve been to get a jersey in years.

I think Logan Woodside is going to surprise people at QB. He's good.

I don't see Minkah being available by the 11 pick.
Woodside is going to be gone by the 5th. Don’t know what that guy is thinking about him being a UDFA.

Yea dude should just admit he was wrong. When he mentioned mario Williams i was a bit confused. The dolphins have a nice De rotation even before adding Quinn. Hayes is Strictly for run downs and setting the edge..we don't care about his sack numbers. Branch back slid a bit but the talent is there..and the first rd de began to flash toward end of the season, cam wake is cam wake expect 8+sacks a year there. The dolphins are one of the only teams in the nfl to routinely harass Tom Brady every year without blitzing. More concerned at st with the suh lost than de

Advertisement
Back