2nd Orlando Brown OT - OU
3rd Mark Andrews TE - OU
4th Shaq Griffin LB - UCF
4th Mark Walton RB - UM
6th Braxton Berrios WR - UM
UDFA Logan Woodside QB Toledo
UDFA Dee Delaney CB
UDFA KC McDermott OG

Derwin is gonna be a bigger bust than Peter Warrick.

I think Logan Woodside is going to surprise people at QB. He's good.

I don't see Minkah being available by the 11 pick.

Advertisement
Respectfully, I'm curious how you see corner out of him? He's pretty stiff in coverage. If you mean nickel and covering TE's then yea I can agree in the right system. But corner in the NFL having to actually cover WR's I don't see it.
To me, he's a playmaking safety (near line of scrimmage). 6'2" 215 lbs, measured at 40" on his vertical and ran a 4.47 at combine. He could cover TEs all day and play the nickel. As for CB, he's probably already better than Howard or Lippett IMO. I would pair him and Rashaad Jones on the backend. I think McDonald is too slow and stiff and I personally would like to see them try him at OLB.

To me, he's a playmaking safety (near line of scrimmage). 6'2" 215 lbs, measured at 40" on his vertical and ran a 4.47 at combine. He could cover TEs all day and play the nickel. As for CB, he's probably already better than Howard or Lippett IMO. I would pair him and Rashaad Jones on the backend. I think McDonald is too slow and stiff and I personally would like to see them try him at OLB.

Gotta agree to disagree there. But we will see I guess.

Advertisement
nothing really crazy qb wise after the first 4 .. Get s position of need with Roquan smith or vita vea at 1 and then grab a mason Rudolph in the second or third

In terms of importance to a team's success, safety isn't a high priority. You don't pick a safety at 11 unless you think he's a generational talent like an Ed Reed or Sean Taylor. I've seen nothing from Derwin James that makes me think he's any type of game changing player. It's the same reason you don't take a TE or a G at 11 unless you're positive he's a future pro bowler. I'd prefer a top corner or defensive tackle at 11 or trade down for as many 2nd and 3rd rounders as you can get.

In terms of importance to a team's success, safety isn't a high priority. You don't pick a safety at 11 unless you think he's a generational talent like an Ed Reed or Sean Taylor. I've seen nothing from Derwin James that makes me think he's any type of game changing player. It's the same reason you don't take a TE or a G at 11 unless you're positive he's a future pro bowler. I'd prefer a top corner or defensive tackle at 11 or trade down for as many 2nd and 3rd rounders as you can get.
Yea man personally I don't think it's worth drafting a safety with a first round pick ... I don't see many first round safety's pan out and usually they're picked over great players .. Aka mark Barron

Yea man personally I don't think it's worth drafting a safety with a first round pick ... I don't see many first round safety's pan out and usually they're picked over great players .. Aka mark Barron

Got a buddy who is a Bucs fan and he HATES Mark Barron lol. For some reason he wants them to draft James though. :youre-nuts:

Advertisement
He[James] couldn't cover Clive Walford last i checked.

I've always considered Ju'Wuan James a liability. Maybe the light will come on for him. Totally forgot about McMillan. Hopefully he lives up to the hype. IMO, Lippett and Howard were reaches and will never be top flight CBs. Hope they prove me wrong. Alonso is good downhill but as you mentioned sucks in coverage and gets way too many dumb penalties. I like the pickups of Kilgore and Sitton.

Huh on Lippet and Howard?. Those might be tweo hits for them. Lippet was playing good ball before getting hurt hes part of the reason they cut Maxwell. Howard was **** near lock down toward the end of the year. Juwan James is avg. Not a liabioity not good..but avg. Alonso isn't good at anything. We have had the worst lb core the last 3 years in the league and have wondered why our run d sucked and it wasn't the dline. Kilgore and Sitton are good pick ups. Jesse Davis and Sam Young are serviceable backups, they need to maybe draft a lineman in the mid rounds.

Early rounds should be for a LB...imo. Me personally I would trade back (first time in favor of this, if none of their target qbs are there). Pick up an extra draft pick...im not sure if we have a 2nd...but im actually High on Lamar Jackson if he makes to the 2nd. He gets to sit behind Tannehil for maybe a year or 2. Kid has the athletic talent...and has an arm as adequate as Tannehil with the escape, athleticism only being a plus. As bad as Gase is as a HC...he had out of shape, semir etired Jay Cutler looking capable out there last year. With a year of tutelage one of Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson could hit the road running.

Lbs- Edmonds, Smith.....not a fan of Boise State. Edmonds dad use to play TE for the dolphins when I was a kid.

Again, some "fans" are not well versed when it comes to talking about football outside of our own team and in general.

Advertisement
Drafting a rookie RB in the 4th-5th does not indicate a hole, just means we need depth there.
Maybe I can be more clear for you. I would love another safety. But as I said, we have 4 or 5 units on this team that needs someone in my opinion before safety....RB being one of those units. Let me know if I need to be any more clear.

Huh on Lippet and Howard?. Those might be tweo hits for them. Lippet was playing good ball before getting hurt hes part of the reason they cut Maxwell. Howard was **** near lock down toward the end of the year. Juwan James is avg. Not a liabioity not good..but avg. Alonso isn't good at anything. We have had the worst lb core the last 3 years in the league and have wondered why our run d sucked and it wasn't the dline. Kilgore and Sitton are good pick ups. Jesse Davis and Sam Young are serviceable backups, they need to maybe draft a lineman in the mid rounds.

Early rounds should be for a LB...imo. Me personally I would trade back (first time in favor of this, if none of their target qbs are there). Pick up an extra draft pick...im not sure if we have a 2nd...but im actually High on Lamar Jackson if he makes to the 2nd. He gets to sit behind Tannehil for maybe a year or 2. Kid has the athletic talent...and has an arm as adequate as Tannehil with the escape, athleticism only being a plus. As bad as Gase is as a HC...he had out of shape, semir etired Jay Cutler looking capable out there last year. With a year of tutelage one of Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson could hit the road running.

Lbs- Edmonds, Smith.....not a fan of Boise State. Edmonds dad use to play TE for the dolphins when I was a kid.
I'm just not a fan of Lippett or Howard. Like I said before maybe they prove me wrong and I hope they do. I just see average in them. Same as Ju'Waun.
I would also love for Roquain Smith to fall to us. I think he's going to be a really good one.

Completely agree. Which is another reason Id lose my **** if we took James if others I want more are still on the board. Who knows. Maybe he turns into a HOFer. Im just not seeing someone worthy of a top 15 pick.

Advertisement

Most mocks have Edmunds and Smith gone before the Phins pick @ 11. If they drop, I don't think they have a shot at either one. LB's should definitely be a priority.

Completely agree. Which is another reason Id lose my **** if we took James if others I want more are still on the board. Who knows. Maybe he turns into a HOFer. Im just not seeing someone worthy of a top 15 pick.
Both of you are clueless. 11 safeties have been taken in the 1st since 2013. All but two of them, Elam and Pryor, panned out.

Derwin, in terms of the eye test, has blown coverage just as much as making a good play against good opponents.

..and in terms of your secondary, the one thing you need is consistency and reliability. After all, they are literally the last line of defense.

He should be a late 2nd rounder, but the hype train behind him will get him drafted in the 1st.

My question is; is Derwin James coachable? Word around the camp fire is that he is a prima donna.

I wouldn't draft him. He's no Ed Reed. You didn't see Ed get burned a whole lot.

Advertisement
Back