OT: Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale

I tell the young guys to watch film of Salvador Sanchez....Watch his footwork...and his smartness in the Ring...
My All Time Favorite Fighter...Tysons...Teddy Atlas and Max Kellermans favorite as well...
An Absolute clinic on how to fight....

Tyson was a favorites of mine when I was younger but once I got older & really learned the sweet science...Tyson is as overrated as they come.

Advertisement
You are correct Demp and Rock wouldn't be HWs today, but they still hit harder than Wilder. Dempsey Shattered Willards cheek in the 1st round of their fight. You are clearly one of those guys that only watches Mayweather and the big name fights. As my boy Roger Mayweather says . YDKSAB.

Go to any legit boxing gym and try saying Wilder has top 10 power. You will get laughed out of the gym.
No way in **** those old guys generate the same punching power as these 6'5-6'7 behemoths that fight today simple physics. In my experience boxing as an amateur and sparring guys different sizes you definitely notice the power difference with the bigger guys they just punch harder it is what it is. its a new generation of athlete

Lol sheesh Give that man some credit for his power

He may not be the most skilled but that right hand is vicious !!

I gave him credit. You can be a hard hitting person while not being top 20 of all time. If someone said you are the 956th hardest puncher ever to walk the earth. That means he is a hard hitting MFer.

No way in **** those old guys generate the same punching power as these 6'5-6'7 behemoths that fight today simple physics. In my experience boxing as an amateur and sparring guys different sizes you definitely notice the power difference with the bigger guys they just punch harder it is what it is. its a new generation of athlete

I competed for over a decade so I have sparred and fought hunrdreds of people. Your point is 100% valid, but it is not entirely correct. Yes, generally people who are taller hit harder, but there is no chance Kevin Durant is hitting as hard as George Foreman even though he is taller. I punch harder than TONS of people that are taller than me. Height is not the number 1 factor. The shorter guys I named are freaks of nature. Dempsey generated enough force to shatter someones cheek with one blow. That hardly ever happens in boxing matches.

Advertisement
George Foreman says hello.

That power is different !

No its not man. You must not watch much boxing to think so. What you are seeing is someone with good power going against glass jawed bums who leave their chins hanging. George Foreman used to 1 punch guys even while blocking shots and chin tucked.

Deontay takes multiple windmill hay makers on the button with chins hanging to send guys down for the 10 count(often times they aren't even unconscious"

Advertisement
I competed for over a decade so I have sparred and fought hunrdreds of people. Your point is 100% valid, but it is not entirely correct. Yes, generally people who are taller hit harder, but there is no chance Kevin Durant is hitting as hard as George Foreman even though he is taller. I punch harder than TONS of people that are taller than me. Height is not the number 1 factor. The shorter guys I named are freaks of nature. Dempsey generated enough force to shatter someones cheek with one blow. That hardly ever happens in boxing matches.
yeah of course not a string bean like Durant lol but i dont mean just the height these guys have tremendous size too to go with the years of training and knowing how to use their leverage, the klitchkos broke bones more than a few times, vitali's KO percentage is something like 97 or 98%. Im not impressed with Wilder as a boxer but his power is incredible i dont know too many guys who could drop 6'9 Tyson Fury that guy is huge, even wladimir klitchko couldnt hurt him when they fought. I just dont think you can compare yesteryear heavyweights under 200lbs to these guys its not fair on a pound for pound basis yes we can compare power but not literally they cant compare. what weight class did you compete at? I fought at 160

No its not man. You must not watch much boxing to think so. What you are seeing is someone with good power going against glass jawed bums who leave their chins hanging. George Foreman used to 1 punch guys even while blocking shots and chin tucked.

Deontay takes multiple windmill hay makers on the button with chins hanging to send guys down for the 10 count(often times they aren't even unconscious"

I'm not the biggest wilder fan at all but i give credit when its due...He lacks skill but that right hand is just different. It is what it is

Im quite sure you haven't witnessed 10 HW's that hit harder in your lifetime

yeah of course not a string bean like Durant lol but i dont mean just the height these guys have tremendous size too to go with the years of training and knowing how to use their leverage, the klitchkos broke bones more than a few times, vitali's KO percentage is something like 97 or 98%. Im not impressed with Wilder as a boxer but his power is incredible i dont know too many guys who could drop 6'9 Tyson Fury that guy is huge, even wladimir klitchko couldnt hurt him when they fought. I just dont think you can compare yesteryear heavyweights under 200lbs to these guys its not fair on a pound for pound basis yes we can compare power but not literally they cant compare. what weight class did you compete at? I fought at 160

Breaking bones over long periods of time is compeletly different than breaking someones cheek with the first shot of the match.

Furys jaw is very questionable and has been rocked by guys with not much power before. Klit was WAY past his prime when he fought Fury.

The guys I named are literally some of the hardest hitters of all time. Height does make a big difference, but look at guys like Tyson. He is about the same height as Rock and Dempsey.

Advertisement
I tell the young guys to watch film of Salvador Sanchez....Watch his footwork...and his smartness in the Ring...
My All Time Favorite Fighter...Tysons...Teddy Atlas and Max Kellermans favorite as well...
An Absolute clinic on how to fight....
Duran was the best fighter I ever watched as he owned the light weight division form 1972-1979 then moved to beat a prime undefeated Sugar Ray Leonard. Sanchez died way to soon, he was so good and such a tragedy. One of Tyson's idols was Duran and had a similar style with his peekaboo style. Tyson was one of the best ever but was done the day Jim Jacobs died. Was never the same fighter when King took over two fights before Tokyo and getting married to Robin Givens. He was a wreck. King's trainers were a joke trashing Tyson's previous trainers. Tyson became easy to hit and he was trying to knock out people with only one punch from the outside when before Tyson was very hard to hit and threw multiple combos throwing four punches a second. Tyson was a beast when he was on. Just watch his fights before and after.

Breaking bones over long periods of time is compeletly different than breaking someones cheek with the first shot of the match.

Furys jaw is very questionable and has been rocked by guys with not much power before. Klit was WAY past his prime when he fought Fury.

The guys I named are literally some of the hardest hitters of all time. Height does make a big difference, but look at guys like Tyson. He is about the same height as Rock and Dempsey.
Yeah but Tyson was a solid 200lbs at the age of 13. I'll just agree to disagree I'll never believe that 185 lb guys could crack with 240-250 lb dudes standing 6'5 and up. You could argue with modern nutrition and training those guys could've gotten more powerful like holy field did moving up in weight but even he wasn't a knockout artist after putting on the muscle

Advertisement
Yeah but Tyson was a solid 200lbs at the age of 13. I'll just agree to disagree I'll never believe that 185 lb guys could crack with 240-250 lb dudes standing 6'5 and up. You could argue with modern nutrition and training those guys could've gotten more powerful like holy field did moving up in weight but even he wasn't a knockout artist after putting on the muscle

You do realize deontay wilder weights between 210-220 when he fights right? LMFAO

You have got to be kidding me. Where did you box? Florida? LMAO. Come to Philly or NYC and I will show you tons of Cruiserweights that can bang like a 250lber.

You can't argue that. That is straight up BS. Number one chins are the same no matter what. You take a dude from 1200BC and a guy on a modern routine and there chins will be the same. Some guys have glass jaws some guys have granite jaws. You can't train them. That is 100% fact. If you can figure out how to make someone get a better chin than you can go make millions selling that secret to Amir Khan.

You aren't going to increase punching power much either. You can take a feather fisted guy. Increase his bench, squat and deadlift, by 400 lbs. Have him doing 1000 pushups a day. Do plyometrics. Whatever, there punching isn't going to get much harder. Again if you can figure that out you can make millions selling that secret.

So yes I do think a 195 lb dempsey can hit harder than a 220 lb wilder. Especially when you look at the granite chins Dempsey has knocked out. Versus the glass jaws that Deontay couldn't put to sleep.

a 6'7" 220lb explosive athlete vs a 6 foot 190lb dude from the late 1800s, I'll take wilder every time, I dont know of any cruiserweights that can bang with heavyweights, name them for me. in recent memory steve cunningham from philly tried going up to heavyweight from cruiser and couldnt cut it, the weight makes a difference, look at this way 6'5 250lb lennox lewis got one punched knocked out twice by two guys Oliver Mccall and Hasim Rahman, who were average to good fighters and both around 6'2" 250, if 511 180 lb dudes dempsey or marciano land those same shots they probably dont even faze lennox they're too small.

Evander holyfield added muscle and size to his frame for a reason when he moved up to heavyweight, the 230lb ripped holyfield that beat up tyson is more powerful and has more punch resistance than the 190lb holyfield that fought at cruiserweight, its not everything but it **** sure helps

Duran was the best fighter I ever watched as he owned the light weight division form 1972-1979 then moved to beat a prime undefeated Sugar Ray Leonard. Sanchez died way to soon, he was so good and such a tragedy. One of Tyson's idols was Duran and had a similar style with his peekaboo style. Tyson was one of the best ever but was done the day Jim Jacobs died. Was never the same fighter when King took over two fights before Tokyo and getting married to Robin Givens. He was a wreck. King's trainers were a joke trashing Tyson's previous trainers. Tyson became easy to hit and he was trying to knock out people with only one punch from the outside when before Tyson was very hard to hit and threw multiple combos throwing four punches a second. Tyson was a beast when he was on. Just watch his fights before and after.
It wasnt Jacobs that was Mikes undoing...it was Cus Amatos death....even though it was earlier in mikes career....Clayton getting canned didnt help either...

His post interview was a complete 180 from what he was being rebuked for, good for him.
His mouth was costing him $, that’s the point - simple nickas always think people hating,
on what? He”s a decent fighter with an excellent right hand an no filter; is what it is.

The truly successful have no time for hate or groupies, can you get that through your greasy head?
View attachment 85844

Only simp here is U...he's a decent fighter that'll whoop your *** that we know for certain

Advertisement
Back