OT: Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale

Advertisement
I tell the young guys to watch film of Salvador Sanchez....Watch his footwork...and his smartness in the Ring...
My All Time Favorite Fighter...Tysons...Teddy Atlas and Max Kellermans favorite as well...
An Absolute clinic on how to fight....

I tell the young guys to watch film of Salvador Sanchez....Watch his footwork...and his smartness in the Ring...
My All Time Favorite Fighter...Tysons...Teddy Atlas and Max Kellermans favorite as well...
An Absolute clinic on how to fight....
My faves were tyson roy and floyd as far as fighting goes they were my favorite to watch. Favorite boxers were cotto and macho .....pr thing.

Advertisement
Little Red Lopez (twice)
Azumah Nelson
Wilfredo Benitez
Trinidad Sr.
Wilfredo Gomez....All in the Boxing HOF...All were Destroyed by Sanchez before he was 23yrs old...Think about that...Dies at 23yrs old...smfh....all because he was rushing to his GFs house...and crashes into a Chicken truck...

Advertisement
**** i got to watch this guy on YT tomorrow if i get a chance
Watch him on Youtube...Willie Pep who many consider the Best PFP Fighter ever said after watching Sanchez destroy Benitez Quote...Thank God he wasnt around when I fought....Lol....To do what he did by 23yrs old is insane...Dude is STILL a God in Mexico...37yrs later

I just exited this thread when i saw that jacobs beat canelo talk. I had to leave when i saw that blasphemy
It’s funny all the Canelo fans saw him winning and all the Jacobs fans saw DJ winning.
The boxing purists who count every punch mostly picked Jacobs but
Most of the general public and media believe the champ (& media darling) has to be
Utterly dominated or knocked out to lose. Jacobs knew that going in so he deserved to lose.

Advertisement
It’s funny all the Canelo fans saw him winning and all the Jacobs fans saw DJ winning.
The boxing purists who count every punch mostly picked Jacobs but
Most of the general public and media believe the champ (& media darling) has to be
Utterly dominated or knocked out to lose. Jacobs knew that going in so he deserved to lose.
This isnt the ammys. No one cares how many shots you land.

You have a point, but clean shots landed should still carry the most weight.
Most people don’t understand scoring and how subjective it is.

Lol bro I competed in the Ams for over a decade. I know how scoring works.

Let me explain why clean shots should not carry the most weight. Say the Malignaggi decided to jump another weight class and fight Julian Jackson at Super Welter.

At the end of the fight Malignaggi landed 200 punches, but his patty cake shots did absolutely no damage to Julian and he literally just walked through each of these shots.

Jackson landed 40 punches, but each one of these shots sent Malignaggi stumbling around the ring, his face is completely busted open, he was floored a few times and stood up at 9 twice.

You can't give Malignaggi the fight. It is a clear Jackson win, but under Ammy rules Malignaggi would be declared the winner.

Advertisement
AJ doesnt mind making less? Come on u
Wilder wouldn't have lasted 5 rounds with
Holmes
Tyson
Shavers
Foreman...etc..in their Prime...Heavy Weight boxing is Trash...and has been since forever....Wilder can punch...and dominates a joke of a class....
I dont think it would take that long. I really think since vitali got hurt the heavy weights have been a complete joke. Several of them with potential but if you have no way to sharpen your skill no bueno. I wouldve liked to have seen deonte with his power work with a real trainer and get tested by any of those boys. But his legacy for me is the same as wladimir Klitschko. He benefited from fighting straight trash and made a name off of it. Just is what it is. For me he reminds me alot of Briggs and McCall at best that crazy ****** who was always at it with holyfield and went to the marines I think it was.

Lol bro I competed in the Ams for over a decade. I know how scoring works.

Let me explain why clean shots should not carry the most weight. Say the Malignaggi decided to jump another weight class and fight Julian Jackson at Super Welter.

At the end of the fight Malignaggi landed 200 punches, but his patty cake shots did absolutely no damage to Julian and he literally just walked through each of these shots.

Jackson landed 40 punches, but each one of these shots sent Malignaggi stumbling around the ring, his face is completely busted open, he was floored a few times and stood up at 9 twice.

You can't give Malignaggi the fight. It is a clear Jackson win, but under Ammy rules Malignaggi would be declared the winner.
I apologize bruh, I wasn’t referring to you, but most people. I could tell you were knowledgeable off the rip.
Clearly your scenario shows why we have other scoring factors and I agree.

But a lot people just say “Oh, such & such won” after the fight.
But if people scored round by round the would get very different results.
That’s why they never show the judges round by round scorecard, gotta “fix” it at the end.

I apologize bruh, I wasn’t referring to you, but most people. I could tell you were knowledgeable off the rip.
Clearly your scenario shows why we have other scoring factors and I agree.

But a lot people just say “Oh, such & such won” after the fight.
But if people scored round by round the would get very different results.
That’s why they never show the judges round by round scorecard, gotta “fix” it at the end.

Its all good bro. No need to appologize I just wanted to state my credentials so you didn't think I was one of those dudes that just talks and talks, but never competed lol.

I agree with you there. Every judge has there own little twist on scoring too. Some care more about certain aspects of the fight.

Not even close. I named about 20 dudes that hit harder than him and that was just off the top of my head. If I actually went through the list of HW champs and contendors of all time I could pull up a lot more names.
Lol sheesh Give that man some credit for his power

He may not be the most skilled but that right hand is vicious !!

Advertisement
Back