OT : D.K. Metcalf SIAP

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm curious. What purpose do you think he has to lie? Rally the fanbase? It's been spoke about for years now. I can say that much.
It's not so much a lie, but more of a random memory without context. RGIII pulled this same stunt. RGIII has made it seem like he was waiting for a Miami offer, when Miami was going to land Jacory Harris, they had already signed Marve. The odds of Shannon picking a good, but not elite QB from Texas over a local 4 star QB that was lighting people up were somewhere between slim and none.

It's not so much a lie, but more of a random memory without context. RGIII pulled this same stunt. RGIII has made it seem like he was waiting for a Miami offer, when Miami was going to land Jacory Harris, they had already signed Marve. The odds of Shannon picking a good, but not elite QB from Texas over a local 4 star QB that was lighting people up were somewhere between slim and none.
Some of those hits jacorry took. If RG3 came here he prob would have been injured long before he made it to the NFL>

Kid from Mississippi committed to Ole Miss since his freshman year of HS reached out to Miami his junior year saying if they offer him he will commit to them if they offer and recruit him….

Definitely not clout chasing at all.

Advertisement
The level of incompetence for years at all levels, even above the head coach, is astounding. It was almost as if our coaches didn’t even want the best players and did not want to succeed at the highest level. Pathetic when you consider for a moment how good Metcalf is and was/

In fact I am angry because the same people who did not care about succeeding at the highest level lied to us repeatedly, kept charging just as much for tickets and merchandise all the while knowing they weren’t trying their hardest, and under coached a lot of players who might have had more professional success had they gone to another school.
Those coaches and admin screwed the fans and their own players. I hope none of them is ever a head coach or AD or high ranking official again.
The university failed players and coaches, but it trickled down and everyone just coasted smh

But that doesn't make his statements untrue.

Top players are confident and believe in themselves. Great players think they should have offers from everyone. If RGIII thinks he should have been recruited by Miami, and wanted to be recruited by Miami, it doesn't make him "feel better" to be told about the existence of Jacory Harris or Robert Marve.

And even if RGIII said one thing, how does that impact what DK Metcalf is saying? You act like a petulant child when you say "I'm not going to believe this one guy, because I don't believe another guy". Why are you the person who gets to characterize and dismiss the memories and feelings of these grown men, because you think you know everything about Miami's roster and recruiting methods at the time? You literally call RGIII's comments "a stunt".

Grow up. You are belittling and discrediting the statements of guys who were actually recruited (or not recruited), not because you know anything about their recruitment, but based on your ten-years-later knowledge of who we signed.

Half the NFL is made up of guys who were under recruited. I’m sure those guys all wanted to go to the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world but they weren’t recruited by them.

Was anyone banging the table for Miami to sign DK Metcalf back in 2015 or whenever? If so, they were in a tiny minority. It’s really easy to go through the list of NFL players who ended up at smaller schools and say “Miami should have signed that guy!” after the fact. I guarantee you right now, there’s some kid who would love to play for Miami but he’s not really highly rated and isn’t getting an offer. He will also go on to be an NFL player. It happens to everyone. If someone out there is really clairvoyant enough to predict which 3 star guys will become superstars, he should be making millions as a scout right now.

Advertisement
The level of incompetence for years at all levels, even above the head coach, is astounding. It was almost as if our coaches didn’t even want the best players and did not want to succeed at the highest level. Pathetic when you consider for a moment how good Metcalf is and was/

In fact I am angry because the same people who did not care about succeeding at the highest level lied to us repeatedly, kept charging just as much for tickets and merchandise all the while knowing they weren’t trying their hardest, and under coached a lot of players who might have had more professional success had they gone to another school.
Those coaches and admin screwed the fans and their own players. I hope none of them is ever a head coach or AD or high ranking official again.
Spot on 🎯 it’s so true your a reflection of your management and it was shown on the field.

What clout was there to chase? We flat out sucked at the time.
To me it worked like this in the SEC at that time. Recruit commits to SEC school, but still flirts with Miami. SEC school sees us as a legit threat for the recruit so they up their bag. In the end recruits gets more to stay committed to the SEC school and not go to the U. We saw this over and over again during the Golden, CMR, and Diaz eras

I'm curious. What purpose do you think he has to lie? Rally the fanbase? It's been spoke about for years now. I can say that much.
Players try to cast a wide net in order to find the best deal, especially if they are smart about recruiting.

I don't find his statement to be a lie, per se, but reaching out to a program is just an empty statement. It's meaningless.

But then half our fanbase loves to claim "if only we had recruited him, he would have been a Cane."

It's a non-story.

Advertisement
Lamar Jackson enrolled at Louisville when Al Golden was coaching UM. Tutu Atwell enrolled at Louisville when Mark Richt was coaching UM.

Let's not generalize here. Lamar was a QB that Golden didn't think would continue to play QB. Tutu was a QB who Richt didn't think would convert to WR.
???

So if coaching staff makes wrong (or, in these two cases, embarrassingly wrong) evaluations, those mistakes are excused or lessened because the prospects didn't have defined positions coming out of high school?

Someone needs to answer for this... it should be tagged to their resumes so other people know how incompetent they are.

Last edited:
Half the NFL is made up of guys who were under recruited. I’m sure those guys all wanted to go to the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world but they weren’t recruited by them.

Was anyone banging the table for Miami to sign DK Metcalf back in 2015 or whenever? If so, they were in a tiny minority. It’s really easy to go through the list of NFL players who ended up at smaller schools and say “Miami should have signed that guy!” after the fact. I guarantee you right now, there’s some kid who would love to play for Miami but he’s not really highly rated and isn’t getting an offer. He will also go on to be an NFL player. It happens to everyone. If someone out there is really clairvoyant enough to predict which 3 star guys will become superstars, he should be making millions as a scout right now.
His name is Butch Davis

By the same token , why would they lie ? Shannon specifically mentioned Bama not Miami . Why would Metcalf go out if his way to lie like that ?
See my response in the thread.

Advertisement
Back