OT : D.K. Metcalf SIAP

Advertisement
Every couple of years, our fans fall for this crap. Remember when idiots got mad when JJ Watt said a similar thing? If Miami would have taken Watt out of HS, those same fans would have torched the Hecht.

DJ Metcalf was a guy that wasn't some crazy athlete coming out of HS, he ran a 4.7 40. Combine that with it being a transition class and I'm not shocked Miami didn't sign him.

Advertisement
Every couple of years, our fans fall for this crap. Remember when idiots got mad when JJ Watt said a similar thing? If Miami would have taken Watt out of HS, those same fans would have torched the Hecht.

DJ Metcalf was a guy that wasn't some crazy athlete coming out of HS, he ran a 4.7 40. Combine that with it being a transition class and I'm not shocked Miami didn't sign him.
Nah, he was a highly rated WR coming out HS. Was committed to Ole Miss early on so he stayed where he was ranked initially as a high 4 star. Had injuries throughout college that limited his production but was a combine freak and went ahead of teammate AJ Brown.

Advertisement

I mean... He was nothing but the 18th best WR in the NATION.... At 6'3, 200lbs.... Yeah not too crazy lol

And it's not the fact we didn't sign him... It's that we didn't recruit him AT ALL.... after the fact that he himself, contacted us, begging to be recruited. And our response to him was ****ty!

And it's not the fact we didn't sign him... It's that we didn't recruit him AT ALL.... after the fact that he himself, contacted us, begging to be recruited. And our response to him was ****ty!
Transition class. Transition class. TRANSITION CLASS. I'm willing to bet that unless it was a guy Richt was already on,they weren't looking. Let's not pretend that they didn't have good guys signed. The WR room was thought to be in good shape at the time. Unfortunately, two washed out and Ahmmon got hurt.

Advertisement
Transition class. Transition class. TRANSITION CLASS. I'm willing to bet that unless it was a guy Richt was already on,they weren't looking. Let's not pretend that they didn't have good guys signed. The WR room was thought to be in good shape at the time. Unfortunately, two washed out and Ahmmon got hurt.
I get what you're saying. I'm more so focusing on the fact that HE.... A highly ranked recruit, contacted us first, begging to be recruited and pretty much saying it'll be a done deal and our response was horrible. Didn't even make the slightest attempt. That's all I'm saying.

DK Metcalf was a high 4-star WR from Oxford Mississippi who went to Oxford HS, literally 5 minutes down the street from Ole Miss... It’s the equivalent of a kid who’s from Miami & goes to HS at Coral Gables & then signs with Miami.

And he was a class of 2016 kid, which means that was the year Al Folden had been fired & Richt was just hired in December of 2015, Metcalf didn’t sign his LOI until February of 2016, he did have an offer from Folden’s staff, Beard & Larry Scott offered him, but they had been fired so of course they couldn’t recruit him & Richt had put his effort into signing Ahmmon Richards, Sam Bruce (RIP) & Dionte Mullins who were all February signees for the 2016 class.

Maybe Metcalf was a Canes fans growing up, a lot of kids were for quite some time, we along with schools like USC, Texas, Oregon & Ohio ST used to have a really big Nationwide brand that a lot of kids from all over the country liked, it’s possible that he flirted with the idea of playing here, but in reality we all know **** well he was not coming here lol.

Ole Miss’s HC at the time was none other than the Ice Man Hugh Freeze & this was before he had to step down. We all know how Freeze was operating at Ole Miss, no way on earth was he going to let a 4-star WR that played his high school ball just a walking distance away from Ole Miss’s campus leave the state & sign with a school like Miami nonetheless.

Advertisement
Lamar Jackson and Tutu Atwell .. didn't our previous corches half-heartedly recruit those two?

Lamar Jackson enrolled at Louisville when Al Golden was coaching UM. Tutu Atwell enrolled at Louisville when Mark Richt was coaching UM.

Let's not generalize here. Lamar was a QB that Golden didn't think would continue to play QB. Tutu was a QB who Richt didn't think would convert to WR.

Advertisement
Back