OT : D.K. Metcalf SIAP

Advertisement
DK wasn’t a 3 star or attended a small school, though. Lol. He was a solid 4 star guy w/ offers from major colleges. I think the point is, the staff didn’t want to work b/c he committed to Ole **** in 2013 as a freshman, & they thought it wasn’t worth their time.

Again, like I replied to Brooklyndee, and u kinda proved my point, somewhere we lost our way in doing due diligence in recruiting AND scouting. That’s y I love Mario keeping Fields on staff; dude didn’t just give up on Skinner just b/c he was a Bama commit. He kept that dialogue up. When I see an offer go out now, stars be damned; I’m confident b/c the new staff is relentless in both recruiting AND scouting.

Another point u made, which is a bit disingenuous is regarding the NFL being filled w/ under recruited guys. Under recruited is not synonymous w/ stars. There are plenty of 3 star guys who have multiple P5 offers. In talking to my boy who’s in this arena, stars r based upon part ability, part production, part measurable, part school prestige, part recruiting prestige, part exposure (camps). A lot of 3 star kids didn’t have the exposure, & b/c of that, some of those offers came in late. With that being said, The Law of Large Numbers tells us the NFL is going to be composed majority of non-blue chip players b/c there’s a vastly bigger pool of such type.

There’s only 262 draft slots:
-Any given yr, there’s only 34 (avg.) 5* recruits: There’s a 52% chance (17-18) to make the league.

-Any given yr, there’s only 332 (avg.) 4* recruits:
There’s a 23% chance (76-78) to make the league.

So that’s, on avg. 93-96 spots of the 262 draft selections that are being taken up by blue chip players. You only have about 366 (avg)/yr of blue chip caliber players, but you have a 1000’s of 3-star & below players, so the likelihood of such players being drafted is much greater.
This is a great post and spot on bruh especially about exposure and all that stuff. Hit the nail on the head with this one.

DK wasn’t a 3 star or attended a small school, though. Lol. He was a solid 4 star guy w/ offers from major colleges. I think the point is, the staff didn’t want to work b/c he committed to Ole **** in 2013 as a freshman, & they thought it wasn’t worth their time.

Again, like I replied to Brooklyndee, and u kinda proved my point, somewhere we lost our way in doing due diligence in recruiting AND scouting. That’s y I love Mario keeping Fields on staff; dude didn’t just give up on Skinner just b/c he was a Bama commit. He kept that dialogue up. When I see an offer go out now, stars be damned; I’m confident b/c the new staff is relentless in both recruiting AND scouting.

Another point u made, which is a bit disingenuous is regarding the NFL being filled w/ under recruited guys. Under recruited is not synonymous w/ stars. There are plenty of 3 star guys who have multiple P5 offers. In talking to my boy who’s in this arena, stars r based upon part ability, part production, part measurable, part school prestige, part recruiting prestige, part exposure (camps). A lot of 3 star kids didn’t have the exposure, & b/c of that, some of those offers came in late. With that being said, The Law of Large Numbers tells us the NFL is going to be composed majority of non-blue chip players b/c there’s a vastly bigger pool of such type.

There’s only 262 draft slots:
-Any given yr, there’s only 34 (avg.) 5* recruits: There’s a 52% chance (17-18) to make the league.

-Any given yr, there’s only 332 (avg.) 4* recruits:
There’s a 23% chance (76-78) to make the league.

So that’s, on avg. 93-96 spots of the 262 draft selections that are being taken up by blue chip players. You only have about 366 (avg)/yr of blue chip caliber players, but you have a 1000’s of 3-star & below players, so the likelihood of such players being drafted is much greater.
None of this has anything to do with my post though. All I said is that the league is full of guys who didn’t get to play at their dream school. For whatever reason, they weren’t considered a priority and ended up somewhere else.

Personally I don’t care that we never signed DK Metcalf or jj watt or marshal Faulk or whatever guy this board wants to bring up a decade after the fact. Digging up recruiting failures from 5, 10, 20 years ago is pointless. But you guys can go on.

None of this has anything to do with my post though. All I said is that the league is full of guys who didn’t get to play at their dream school. For whatever reason, they weren’t considered a priority and ended up somewhere else.

Personally I don’t care that we never signed DK Metcalf or jj watt or marshal Faulk or whatever guy this board wants to bring up a decade after the fact. Digging up recruiting failures from 5, 10, 20 years ago is pointless. But you guys can go on.

My apologies; I saw ur clarification on page 4. The reason I responded to your original QP was b/c u started off saying half the NFL is made up of guys who were “under recruited” & wanted to go the Bamas/ OSUs of the world. Then u mentioned a lowly rated kid who wants to come to Miami but wouldn’t get offered. Lol. So since we were talking about DK, I was like “hold up, waaaaait” (in my Nate Dog’s voice). But I get ur point.

I think rehashing these stories gives confirmation of suspicions many fans had. At the end of the day, it’s spilt milk, & moving fwd, we’ll be good.

Advertisement
Back